MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mom is giving up

Daisygirl

My Mom just got out of the hospital a week ago and I went to see her yesterday...Mother's Day. She is really going down hill fast...she doesn't want to live anymore. She misses Dad and her friends and doesn't feel as if she can do anything...the doctor wants to put her in a nursing home and the family will only do that if we can't take care of her ourselves. If that means taking care of her 24-7, we will do it...she did it for us!!! She is depending on two of us, right now, a daughter and a daughter in law...and I know that their lives are on hold to take on the responsiblity of her care...I believe that God will bless them for all that they are doing, but my Mom will not let anyone else help her, so we just have to plan a "visit" when they need a break.

I don't know how to pray, she is so depressed and her body is giving out and she is trapped inside...with my problems, I know what that feels like and it tears my heart out.... So, I quess that I'm asking everyone to pray that the Lord's will be done in her life. I don't want her to go, but she will be so much happier with my Dad in heaven....and I will be lost without her. Her birthday is next month, and I think she is holding on to celebrate that and then I pray that if the Lord takes her home, she will just go to sleep and then wake up with the Lord.

I know how lucky I am, I'm 50 and still have my Mom...my oldest brother is 70. I'm also asking for prayer for me and my brothers & sisters that we will have the Lord's peace when he does take her home.

I feel so badly for you. Please know that there are others out there thinking of you and your family. I have said a prayer for you. I know God is listening.

Please stay strong.

Missie

{{{{{{{{{PHATKAT}}}}}}}}, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, I know exactly how you feel. Have you thought of having Hospice come in and help you out some. It will be hard when the time comes, but just knowing that your mom would no longer be suffering, helps tremedously. After having to watch dh suffer the way he did,It has helped me be at peace with his passing,, because I know he is no longer ill or hurting..

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need to talk pm anytime...

Aw Phat I'm sorry to hear this. My Mom did the same thing except she was only 62. She just finally said that's it and refused to eat. It is a hard thing to go through.

She is lucky to have such a devoted family that is willing to work together to make her as happy and comfortable as possible!

Guest Guest

Oh geez hon, your post brought tears to my eyes. I can understand not wanting someone you love so desperately to suffer and also not wanting to let them go.

You, your mom and your family will be in my prayers...in fact it's an honor to pray for her...I'm like you, totally devoted and in awe of my own mother, whom I hold in high regard.

((((phatkat))))

Oh hun, I am so sorry to here about your mom. ((((hugs))). I had the honor and priveledge of taking care of my birth mother and my adoptive mom until they passed on and it proved to be the most cherished memories that I will ever have.

My brother, sister-in-law and I were able to spend the last few months of our adopted moms life taking care of her and our 82 year old father and not only give of ourselves to them but we recieved so much from them as well.

My heart and prayers are with your mom and all of your family at this time. twi

Archived