MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Running Away?

Mare

I've asked myself that question, and in a way, I guess I have. I have been prepping for so long, and subscribing to a few forums. A few months ago I realized that I was so involved with the state of the world, and reading every bit of news, that I was no longer happy, and that I was living to prep instead of prepping to live. I've taken a few months off, and find myself a much happier person. I'm as prepped as I can be given our location. I took time off and discovered the beautiful wonders of being a woman again. I am keeping abreast of world affairs, but am not immersing myself in them. I guess I've finally discovered within myself the true understanding of the Serenity Prayer, and not as it pertains to alcoholism.

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.

I'm going easy on myself these days, so I probably don't have a lot to contribute to survival forums, but this has been a home for long, I cannot leave now. I'm just doing the best I can, trying to be happy, and missing my husband who has a new job that takes the majority of his time.

Love to you all.

((((mare))))

It's just a healthy balance chica...I know I've gone TILT TILT TILT on the pinball machine of life myself at times and have had to step back and regroup and find parts of me that I leave behind at times.

For me, at least, MrsS isn't just only about survival and preps...yes it is a lifestyle for me, and yes at times I feel more urgency than others. But that's one of the reasons I enjoy *playing* here sometimes, like the princess academy and all the Homey/Darlene stories we've written over the years. That's why some of us take time to read, and to do crafts, and deal with health issues, or discuss what we're cooking for dinner, or as it is/was in my case, having to deal with some very serious current (at that time) real life issues with my child(ren). All those aspects are parts of my real life, and parts that I enjoy sharing with the people here. I LIKE the people here, I love MrsS and this is one of my homes, my other home is the one I'm sitting in while I type this post.

I have alot of changes going on in my life now as I seek true happiness in Him, with myself, my children, my extended family and my friends. It's a journey and one that I share, because I don't walk it alone.

And when/if TS ever HTF, we have each other here, to support and teach and share and cheer on. In the meantime, I love my new haircut I got today...I gave myself a manicure also. I love looking at all my pretty jars of cherry pie filling and I feel safe because I know Whose arms I choose to trust around me.

I love ya and I'm happy you're feeling peaceful and grounded. You deserve that.

I've come to love this place and feel like it's my second home in a very short time. It's because of all the wonderful people here. This is a survival forum and that's why I joined. But it's so much more and I got an added bonus of friends who think the way I do. And there is a balance here. We discuss what our day is like, talk about our families and our life, support and help each other when one of us is troubled, and laugh together. So, if I ever feel the need to take a break after prepping for a long time, I know I'll still be here just for the friendship also, Mare!

Kaye

Mare Chicadita!

So glad your back and feeling more balanced.

I find myself sometimes having to distance myself from the worlds troubles or end up fretting too much. My life is pretty full, and I've discovered so many things I really love in the personal world around me.

Returning here was to reaquaint myself to prepping but honestly, cuz I messed you folks. Glad your here too.

I'm sure Hubby's job will balance out with family life soon.

Thank you for the whole serenity prayer..embarrassingly, I just thought it was that the first paragragh, I never knew there was more. (Sheepish grin).

Well, hugs all around

Mare, so glad you are feeling better! I also struggle with keeping balance! There are times that I have to turn off the news, or do something else I enjoy instead of worrying about my prepping or whatever. I am glad you were able to find a place of peace. I hope you stick around, because this site is more than just survival prepping.

Oh man, Mare, thanks for posting that poem, I really needed to see it.

I'm a big preacher of "sometimes you just gotta get away" even if it's just in your head. Don't always take that advice, but you're absolutely right! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Mo7

I'm so glad to see that others have the need to get away from time to time too. I'm feeling really good, just being careful to not immerse myself so totally in the political spectrum. I've even discovered make-up again after far too many years.

Karen, your son is so handsome. I'm glad I was able to help you. I know how hard it is to let a loved on go into the face of danger, but it is better to support them and worry in silence, than to let them know we worry about them. I look at these soldiers, and can't believe how young they are....but oh, they are so capable. They didn't seem so young when I was a young Army wife.

I still enjoy the priviledge of going onto Airforce and Army Bases with my Mom, and I've never felt safer anywhere in the world than on a military post/base.

Thanks to all of you who lent your support. I'll continue to be around, but the computer is no longer the center of my life, and I never should have let it be.

I don't see Cavey as much as I used to, but our relationship is better than ever. In the past, I've been too focused in the wrong areas.

Mare, I too have never felt more safe than when on an Army base. I am a Army brat,an ex-wife of a soldier,a sister of a radio controler who was stationed on the sub USS HADDO, and now a mother of an Airman. I remember being 5 or 6 and my mother telling us to NEVER answer the phone. She was so scared she'd miss a call from my father when he was in Viet Nam. Back then he used a radio to call any number in the US that would answer in the southeast, they would then call my mother collect and mom and dad had to say "over" after they talked. His calls were few and far between and expensive. When my brother went on WESTPAK by way of Guam and called home collect, I remember her hiding the phone bill and payment for 2 months till dad was in a really good mood to tell him that one phone call cost $200. When my ex went to Gianna, my phone bill was nothing to laugh at. Now my ATM calling cards are part of my monthly bills, so my son can call home. I don't care who he calls: me, his girl,or his dad, just so he has some contact from "home."

If I could get around more, maybe this computer wouldn't be the main thing in my life. But then, if wishes were wings, pigs would fly. This is my only connection to the world out yonder. Everyone in my family has to work long hours and take care of their families, so I don't bemoan that I don't get to see them much, I just have to enjoy their visits.

Maybe one of these days I can throw this darn cane away and walk without pain again, until then I'll just keep on surfing, and checking in on my good friends here.

Unlike you, I was ordered by my husband and my therapiest NOT to watch any type of news having to do with politics and the war on terror. My mind and now my heart can't handle the stress I put myself under seeing those pictures of soldiers being bombed.A mind is a horrible place if you let it, and my mind can go to some ugly places without the image of my son dying before my eyes everytime I saw a hummer on it's side.

I'm so glad you have rediscovered make up again. I loved to make myself up when I was much younger, now I would just sweat it off as fast as I put it on. But I have discovered jewelery again. My brother just found my mother's jewelery she had hid before she died 3 years ago. I've got to have it sized, but I now own a beautiful amethesist cluster ring that is the darkest purple you've ever seen, it's got a row of black star saffire around the bottom and I'm gonna wear that thing. I was told it would be mine when I was 9 years old and this 44 year old woman is gonna have a ring on my finger to die for, for once in my life.

You keep your chin up lady, there is so much out in the real world to see, to taste, to smell and to feel. Enjoy yourself in what ever way you can to keep your balance. We'll just keep an eye out for your posts when you come visit.

Maybe that's why God let me be a truck driver for so long, he knew my body wasn't strong enough to hold out. He let me see so many beautiful sights across this great nation, I've walked the beaches of both oceans, and waded in their waves, I even have seashells from them to hold and smell the salt and remember the feel of the water at my ankles. I've seen a small version of the leaning tower of Pisa in Chicago. I've crossed the Mississippi uncounted times, and it always gave me a thrill to drive over that bridge on I-20 or I-40.I have a jade necklace handmade in New Mexico hanging from my mirror. I know I have a lot of little "things" I got when I drove, but they bring me memories that make me feel good now when I can't go see more. We each have our little things we have to use to keep our chins up when we really want to let our heads hang down. , will try again next spring.

Archived