MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Winter Is Here!

Lilly

I can send y' all several inches of white stuff if you like.......

Careful, it's slippery. Got more folks 'round here with broken wrists/dislocated shoulders etc right now. Mostly the older folks in our church... :-(

----oh, sorry. Didn't mean to *gloom* on your snow party.......

MtR

Hey girls --we may get it in a few hours. It was 80* today the temp is falling and it is raining now. In the early hours in the morning it will turn really cold and maybe ice and snow depending how far down that front moves. I am with you this is fun. Sit by the fire. Only in north Texas can the temp drop 60 degrees in a matter of hours.

Hiya Biscuit! We watched the temps fall from 64 to 44 in less than 60min tonight (watching Jericho). Woohoo!

Too bad it's only going to be "winter" here for 24hrs...

--vic

Hey Vic how are the kids are they still sick???

Yes it could be real messy in the morning. You guys be careful.

I did go to the store today but I only got apples and grapes and some milk. Being a preper no problem. Boy that is a nice feeling.

my dh and I are flying to mississippi to drop off 2 puppies and pick up a Goldwing (motorcycle) and ride it back to california... in the WINTER!

we are taking the southern route (10 frwy) I hope it is warm!

It's MINUS 14 right now and I'm ready to send this front EAST. You want it in TX, you can have it. BRRRRrrrrr, subzero is dangerous. Makes me very edgy. No margin for error in this temperature. {and I do make errors!} But we get sunshine tomorrow and while we won't return to autumn, it will warm up.

Here y'all -- have some snowballs! * * * * * *

MtRider

Westbrook...have fun and don't forget your "leathers". We just sold our Goldwing a few months ago. A couple of years ago we had ours out west to Utah. On the way we decided to go up into the Rockies (can't remember what state we were in at that time)...anyway...this was in late August. Beautiful day, sunny, hot....UNTIL...we got up into the mountains (left the leathers at the campsite...DUMB!!!)..then we hit the sleet and cold. Ended up staying at a motel in the mountains...next morning....34 degrees.....nice, COLD ride back down....never again...no matter them temps..the "leathers" go with us. Be careful.

I have a Harley, my DH has a dual sport.. we are getting a goldwing to keep the miles down on the Harley.

I have riden Mexico, Canada and all over the US on both a hog and GW. The problem I am having is all my riding gear for this kind of a trip is a tad bit too small! no time to diet down.. so I have to get all new gear!

It is Winter and cold. It is 16 degrees here right now and with thermals and sweats on, the fireplace blazing away I am still cold. Thinking about making a fleece jacket.. but I need to get my Ornaments done! even my sewing machine is running sluggish!

Winters coming back again here to. We've had a few blast already though. It' 5C and dropping all day. We are to get rain today, snow tonight and freezing rain all day tomorrow. And it's going to stay below 0C for at least the next week. heehee well probably for a long time lol.

I kept waking up hearing the WIND last nite. Whoo-eee! This morning we were living inside a white tornado. We have full sunshine but the wind was screaming down our valley and periodically twisting up into what would be gigantic 'dust devils' in the summer. Instead, it's picking up that 8" of dry snow and swirling it 60 feet into the air. A good day not to go outside. Rosie-dog is in complete agreement, the sissy! What a weird week this has been!

Nanook at Nine Thousand Feet

115185-DSC02127_1.jpg

mt.R, Are you in there buddy?

LOL!

Actually, you look great!

I'm with you on the worry on the harsh weather change for some of our Mrs.S folks. Jamica, I wish I knew something better to say than just You and yours are in my prayers.

Hopefully some of our snow bunnies will have some good advice.

Winter has arrived in this area as well (northern Ontario, Canada) We are to expect almost a foot of snow by morning. Most of the day has been high winds, so along with the snow there have been many whiteouts. Thankfully by the end of the day all my family is home safe and sound! I don't mind stormy weather as long as all are safe!!!

It's a good feeling to have a full pantry. Mother Nature can do anything she wants then! Plus we have a small woodstove for backup in the basement.

Enjoy--for all you who enjoy snow, but for all those that don't, keep in mind--all things come to and end sooner or later. Unfortunatley however the end doesn't come here until 5 months have gone by! :-( Take care!!!

Well we did not get any snow. The wind was terrible though, and the temp has gone down. I have a sore throat and ear ache. I do not want any 14 below. It hardly ever gets that cold here. I remember Christmas of 83 it was 13 below. Our pipes froze. It seems like Winters are not as bad as when I was a child. We use to get 12 to 20 inches of snow, but not anymore.

Lily, I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest.

I ago with you about the weather being different and not as wintery in some places. My Mom's best friend in Germany says the winters have scant amount of snow and nothing like she remembers as a young girl.

Archived