MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

In loving memory of my sister

Snowmom

I would like to tell you some things about the funeral and how it went. I will also try to put some pictures here.

There were so many flowers and plants, it was so nice of everyone to send them.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for my sister, her family and Old Pine and myself and our family.

First off, I have to say it was a beautiful funeral, if you can call a funeral beautiful. My sister looked so nice and she had a small smile on her face.

There were so many people there, all six of her kids and all except one of her DIL's and one grandchild. They were still in Fargo where the granddaughter has been in the hospital for some time now. We would have liked to gotten some pictures of the families, but didn't get to do that.

Our DS and DIL from Fargo didn't make it as the weather was bad, he had to use the 4 wheel drive in order to get out of the garage even. He said the visibility was maybe 1/4 mile, so they didn't want to chance it. I can't blame them at all.

As people were going in, they were playing 'I've Got A Mansion Just Over The Hilltop', which was one of the songs my sister loved. (You can find it at: http://www.smickandsmodoo.com/lyrics/mansion.htm ). They played other songs too, but that is the one I can think of. Now this was, I'm sure a surprise to a lot of people, but, they had a tape of my sister singing, 'When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder' as she is playing an autoharp. I don't know if any of you have heard the song, 'Mama's Teaching Angles How "To Sing', but that was another song that was played. That is another song where you need tissue. I can't find the lyrics for this song on line, but there are many places you can buy it.

It was when my sister started to sing that it really got to my brother-in-law, who has had several strokes and is in the nursing home.

They also had a slide show of my sister set up so that anyone could see this before and after the services. This was so nice, it was set up at the funeral home the day before too.

My sister's eldest grandsons were the Casketbearers and the Honorary Casketbearers were the remaining grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Here are 3 photos that were taken at the funeral home with all the flowers and plants. I'm not trying to be morbid or anything, but just wanted you to see all the arrangements as well as who you had been praying for. If this is not something that should be put in here, please forgive me and someone can delete the pictures.

FUNERALHOMEA.jpg

FUNERALHOMEB.jpg

FUNERALHOMEC.jpg

Again, thank you all so very much for all your prayers and thought.

Snowy thanks for sharing this with us.. It sounds like it was a beautiful service.. I can imagine how tearful it was when everyone heard her start singing ..

Love you

Dawn

I am so glad so much of the family made it there despite the bad weather.

How unusual that they had a recording of her singing an inspirational song. It sounds like it was appropriate for the occasion.

I feel for her hubby. It must be so hard for him after so many years together, plus being in poor health himeself.

Archived