MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Darlene, percocet, kids, dogs, cookie and packing

cookiejar

What could possibly go wrong?

The original story is in Streams in the Desert

Suffice to say: if Darlene is up to it, I'm coming down to pack. It's a simple thing.

I mean seriously...what could go wrong? Besides:

end2.gifgun2duck

sunning

Progress report...

Cookie was adament about starting in the kitchen to pack. I'm kinda outta it today so I just went with the flow.

When she opened up a cupboard and held up a skillet and said "what is this?", I knew we were in trouble.

I'll report more later...she's coming over to the computer to read over my shoulder.

darlene

Here is some help with the fund...

DuckHeist.jpg

Originally Posted By: Darlene
Progress report...

Cookie was adament about starting in the kitchen to pack. I'm kinda outta it today so I just went with the flow.

When she opened up a cupboard and held up a skillet and said "what is this?", I knew we were in trouble.

I'll report more later...she's coming over to the computer to read over my shoulder.

darlene

BONK!!!!!!

Darlene is ummm resting now. grin

Okay, visual, I show up at her end-of-the-sidewalk-and-practically-in-the-keys home. In honor of Westie, I wore my black shirt with Thuggy peeps on it wearing gold Jewelry that said "Respect my Peeps" shirt. I had visual impact in her neighborhood.

Packing with Miss-overdo-it, kids who try to slide out of work or are distracted (in that time honored kid thing), curious pony sized dogs and a pugnacious pug is a study in logistics. At one point a large furred obstacle plopped down on my packing linens.
Came seriously close to being packed or used as an ottoman.

Once we got organized and an idea of what goes where. I had to take into account the kids have NEVER packed before and poor Darlene hasn't 15 or so years. And the percocet is vastly entertaining to watch as it wins the attention span battle with her.

I have teased her endlessly as I know the most she can do is hobble after me. LOL. Nothing like having a goofy buddy to tease you out of thinking to much...that and the percocet I put in her drink. whistling

Okay, loose lips time...her kitchen cabinets are so huge, I think I could move in. grin

Pray for us....
I'm paying off the police with canned goods. "Here officer, I'm sure these canned cherries and this luscious apple sauce will make things better". wink

I'm off to check in with God and then over to "coffee-fy" Darlene

hugs the intrepid cookie

Darlene, please try to ONLY lie on the couch and rest as much as possible!! You must let others do the work this time. Are the docs letting you use ice packs to help with swelling/pain?

After my shoulder surgery I wasn't fit for anything for months and months! Can't imagine having to pack and move so soon after surgery frown

And cookie... Gulp. If it breathes or barks don't put those kind of things in a box and tape securely. Those are the dogs or the children! laughkick Seriously, so glad you're there to help.

Hugs to you both. Have a great day. Will check back tonight for progress report. bighug

Cookie!

You are so special. How wonderful you are able to help Darlene!

I knew from your kind notes to me, you are a dear person!

God Bless You for this grand act of kindness! When you figure out how to get her chicks moving...Would you take notes for the rest of us!!!!

Thank you! Thank you!

Okay,

It is an ongoing adventure...While carefully packing her china while refereeing the children, keeping the furred obstacles out from underfoot (dogs, not kids grin),

I reached a true *You know your a survivalist* clue...

As you sort the cabinet, carefully wrapping crystal and china it becomes a litany.

China plate, cup, saucer, goblet, full clip of bullets, decanter, llardro statue, plate, flick blade...

...you get the picture.

Maybe we could rephrase it: You know your in a survivalist's house when:

The boys want to know where you want the box of ammo?

You use loose bags marked Gluten, rice and tapioca to pad glass mixing bowls.

You praise the kids for boxing and stacking the canned goods in the hall and they inform you that's the good's natural spot.

You tell the kids that the food in fridge will go last to nearby family and they ask which fridge? or did I mean a freezer?

You have to use colored tape to mark *just packed* as opposed to regular preps.

I'm exhausted but we're making inroads. My worse problem? it's not keeping the kids moving, though that's a battle, it's not the furred behemoths underfoot, it's making Darlene understand that sit and sort or simply sit and point what goes or stays means SIT...PROP up footie, apply frozen peas (don't ask), not hover, stand, follow, lead or pack it herself.

I need BIGGER percocet. I wonder if I could put it in her coffee?

Quote:
I need BIGGER percocet. I wonder if I could put it in her coffee?

Sweetie, you'd better not be giving her caffeinated coffee... that might be part of the problem. bounce :jumping2: bounce

Give 'er the decaf and a big turkey sandwich, finishing up with a huge chocolate bar... yawn.gif

sleep.gif

She's gonna have a BLAST trying to find everything again when she unpacks... rofl

bighug

Well, truth be known, I'm really outta it. Laying in bed and resting gives one a false sense that they're doing better.

Having to think or organize or direct is a monumental task right now for me, which is totally outta character.

Words can't even express the gratitude I feel in my heart towards Cookie for coming to my rescue. This is not a situation of alot of work needing to be done as much as it is me being in a position where I'm totally worthless, and yet still responsible for taking care of the children. I have 3 days left and so much work to do. I woke up in alot of pain, had to take a pain pill and am just having coffee right now. I feel weepy, I can't think straight and I feel scared.

I keep telling the Lord I know He is with me and that comforts me, but I have no idea how He's going to work this all out. Just the fact that He touched Cookie's heart to offer to help disolves me in tears.

You wanna talk about survival? This is definitely a survival time for me and is an example how sometimes we CANNOT do it all on our own. We have these illusions in our head, projecting different scenarios, coming up with solutions to come out victorious at the end. Truth be known, real life has a life of its own and isn't swayed much by human beings willing it to be different.

Cookie has amazed me with the knowledge she possesses. Don't let her humor fool you. She's one smart and savvy lady, and we'd all be blessed to have her on our team. I'm eternally grateful that God brought here her to MrsS, and into my life. It's not often that I *need* someone, I prefer to not be in that position. Right now, I really needed someone and she has surpassed stepping up to the plate.

And that's the truth and reality of where I'm at right now. I'm sure I'll be able to laugh more about it in the days and months ahead, but for now, I'm just in tears and can only think "oh my gosh".

Percocets do make a glib tongue.

Oh good grief,

Don't blame it on me that God has to thwack you one to accept or ask for icon_205.gif

My joke is when I prayed in the morning "Thy will be Done, God", I wasn't expecting boxes and packing tape (Color coordinated to seperate from preps...LOL). praying

I have no idea what to say to that other than Darlene ya big goof.. hug.gif

and this morning will be different, I'm bringing reinforcements! LOL

My best friend is coming to help pack. Depending on how your universe is celestially driven, she coincidently a logistal expert who happens to have today off and doesn't mind coming to help Darlene out. I'll explain the Ammo boxes, furred pony-sized critters and Darlene's frozen pea needs on the way grin I can't wait to expain Mount Preppings to her...LOL.

I've already sent Darlene a small suggestion list to get started.

I know it's hard for her to keep track, and sometimes it all looks overwhelming BUT...We'll all just do our best. Quite simply, there is no other way than thru. One year from today, someone please bump this all to the top...LOL.I guarentee Darlene will have more memories of the laughter than the tears.

I need to remind her that she has 15 or so years of accumulated life to prioritize and pack, so it does looks daunting and we are working through it. Yesterday, I MADE her look in the cabinets to see the progress made. Donation boxes and garbage (say that last with a french accent) bags are our friends! LOL

I think a simple, "I'm taking your cellphone" will curb some of the teenaged rebellion. LOL. eek

However Missy, plan on the propped foot, point and pack time.

Don't make me tie you to the chair, it would frighten the children. LOL

and if all else fails, perhaps calling in a packing company to finish, but that is the extreme.So is leaving some preps at Dad's. Again, extreme values being spoken here. I mention it because that makes less to be afraid of,and theres always a way through.

*Ahem*

Boxes in the hallway, boxes in kitchen

grab some tape, everyone pitch in,

Cream colored doggies, and the pug needs to wee,

We are all packing Darlene's favorite things!

When the dogs bark or when they eat the bible 3.gif

(don't ask)

when your feeling sad, Crutches.gif

just simply keep boxing your favorite things Deliberate.gif

and then it won't feeeeeeel sooooo bad.

sung to Favorite Things from Sound of Music

Darlene can't kill me, people will know I'm missing!

2.gif Okay, time to go dunk Darlene in some coffee and start the Bootcamp Princess Packing...lol

1.gif

In a perfect world, we would have the money for me to hop on a plane and come help. Alas, in my world I can only pray for you all. Thank you Cookie for being there for Darlene! Darlene, listen to Cookie and the rest of us. REST! REST! REST! Give orders while RESTING! By the way, did I mention REST! lol

It will all get done, and what doesn't, wasn't meant to be done.

Cookie, find out who's a deacon at Dar's church. Call him and request a few helping hands from her church. I know ours is always helping various congregation members with stuff like that. My MIL has also had LOTS of help from her church & a local youth group.

Sometimes it just takes more than 1-2 people to Git 'R Done. (BTDT, GTT-S)

Okay,

Just a quick note.

Good packing day. Darlene adopted my best friend as she corralled the kids and got their rooms packed. HARUMPH!

I have had a revelation. Darlene can still easily cook despite worries, kids, pain and percocet. When she was distressed and couldn't concentrate we just propelled her in the direction of the stove and voila!!! She could probably cook a perfect meal in her sleep...if fact, I believe she did.

Next chore! Sleep canning.canning

I was able to explain guard dogs, massive preps and ammo easily, my best friend has LDS family! So all I said was "Rememeber that one year's worth of food you saw in Utah?.. welllllll..."

LMAO!!! wink

I avoided explaining the frozen peas. Darlene actually walked out and said I pea-d already and feel much better...

It just sounded soooooo wrong.

I'm off to bed

hugs

Archived