MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What did I hear?

dogmom4

So I'm laying in bed this morning wondering what is that odd sound i hear outside? Sounded like something was on the roof. As I'm laying I realized it was something I haven't heard for a very long time...RAIN!!!!!!! I jumped out of bed and ran to the window to see if it could be true...Yes! The ground is wet and there is even some water coming out of the drain spouts... woohoo Of course, it's already starting to clear but, I don't have to water today and the air smells wonderful. Did I mention that weather forecasters are useless...did they predict this rain on the news last night...no!. All the quilts I had hangin on the line last night will have to be re-dried...but that's ok because it rained!!! banana

Stacy

I think it is headed your way darlin'. We have had smigdings the past couple of days. Including today. But today it also stopped raining, the sun was shining and it sounded like the worst thunderstorm. Lots of rumbling heading on out.

Oh you sound like I did a few weeks ago. We'd gone months without rain and it kept teasing and teasing like it was going to, alas, no rain. So one day, out of the blue it started raingin, almost pouring. I scared the chit out of my kids, I screamed soooo loud "THANK YOU GOD!!!!!" And wussy me was crying about it too! Congrats on your rain, I know how you feel!

I'm happy you got rain......I wish we did! frown We have only had 1/8 inch this whole year. The rain dance hasn't been working! wink

nekkid??? thankub.gif

I was teasing DD yesterday afternoon about doing a rain dance. It kept *looking* like it would, but didn't. I kind of jiggled and shook a bit, teasing her, and she laughed and wiggled in HER chair.

Two hours later, the rain was pouring and the power went out, came back, went out, etc... until by 11 it STAYED OUT. 3.gif It rained most of the night, but by morning the rain had stopped and the power was still off. It finally came back on *tonight* at about 7:30.

The kids and I had lots of errands to run during the day today, and without showers DS and big DD were BIG PITBs!!! catfight.gif

I told little DD we wouldn't be doing any more rain dances.... angry038.gif

On the plus side, we got about 4 inches of rain and that was pretty good. It was SURE NEEDED!!! umbrellasmilef.gif

Cat-glad you're all ok. Thought about ya last night when the storms went through, and today when they were showing the damage on the news. We got a little over an inch last night-lots of lightning and rumbling, but no loss of electric. Had the cellar ready though when they started talking tornado warnings. We got another 2 inches today and lots of thunder boomers, but straight down, no wind.

Rain was much needed. Soy beans ought to be ok, but alot are worried that it was just too late for the corn. Already tassled out with empty ears. frown

Okay no more rain dances. I love those smilies! Your older kiddos must be highly charged on the positive sides. Excess electrons you know? LOL okay so I made that up. But doesn't always seem that the charge from thunderstorms seems to have an affect on the kids behavior immediately before and after.

Here in high desert, we are in our 'monsoon season'. Hey, we're serious about the name. It means that it clouds up every day. It means that no matter what weather is over my head, the electric goes out for a second pretty much EVERY day. [Resetting clocks constantly]

But Wed we had a continual-lightning-flashing storm just sit on our area. The main lightning was just a few miles south. I watched it for a couple hours before it got here and had another hour of noisy performance. FLASH-CRACK! I *hate* jumping at loud thunder! eek But it produced a HALF INCH of rain. yahoo Then yesterday, tho no storm was present, we lost power and it stayed OFF for about 3 hours. Usually comes right back on. I switched to a NON-electric dependent/NON-cordless phone. Vital equipment for power outages. And went to bed. Power was back on when I got up but there was another storm. We got MORE THAN A HALF INCH of rain. We're doing back flips! No watering garden for a few days. Our valley filled with misty fog this chilly morning.

That's MONSOON season....Colorado style. wink

MtRider [may hafta even wear boots this morning!]

Cat, if I fly you in will you do your rain dance here? smile Our rain stopped after about about an hour and it hasn't been back since since. Sure made everything smell nice though.

Stacy

Archived