MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Please pray for my Mum

SueC

I just heard that my Mum is having tests. It is late at night here, she was having trouble breathing, which got worse as she showered to go to bed. Dad took her to the hospital. An ECG has revealed that the heart is involved. She has had aches in the back of her shoulders. Please pray - you guys are up through my night and can take over while I sleep. I will hear more in the morning.

Thanks

I was thinking about that last night. I could go to bed and sleep well knowing that the prayers for my Mum were still going up. The shift being covered does make a big difference.

The morning report - they kept her in emergency as there were no beds to put her any where else. So I figure she didn't sleep well frown and Dad admits that he didn't sleep well due to breathing problems from his heart concerns. What a pair they are. It does bother me that she was having a tightness across her shoulders. But at the moment, she is getting the attention she needs and will have a chance at improving her health. She has had medication for high blood pressure for a few years now, so not sure if this all related.

Thanks everyone for doing the night shift for me!

bighug

Another update. They finally moved her into a ward. It is a high dependancy ward. Kinda intriguing. But any way Dad thinks that the health supplements that they have taken for years might be a culprit. it is a little too much a coincidence for them both to have heart problems with identical symptoms within months of each other. So they are rethinking on all the natural medications that they are on. My brothers - well - they just think that it is all the fault of being Christians. Fortunately the main brother that thinks that way is not close. He just blames every thing on christianity. everything bad that is. Any thing good just happened.

Thanks again for all your prayers and I will keep you updated. I hope she gets better quick

Still praying...

Natural herbs/medications CAN affect prescription reactions, too. I hope they tell the doctors every thing they're using.

I'm sorry your brothers feel that way. (Still another kind of prayer going out... wink )

bighug

I'm glad to hear that she's out of the ER. It's great that your father had the presence of mind to think of the natural meds they've been taking. That's great info for the docs to have no matter what! Prayers will definately be going out for your ENTIRE family. It sounds like some could really use them! God Bless!

Another update. They have done lots of tests including a echocardiogram and have decided that she at least has cardiomyopathy, but it has probably been present all her life as she always lost her breath easily. Either today or tomorrow they are sending her to a larger hospital for an angiogram and the results of that will determine when she can go home. But she is now on the cardio ward instead of the high dependency unit - I think they must have been worried that she was about to have a heart attack ... Thank goodness for a public hospital system and no medical bills.

Thanks again for alll those who are praying, it means a lot to know that I am not on my own with this.

Change of plans again. The powers that be have decided to keep her in hospital until they can do the angiogram on Wednesday. They are also talking that if the arteries are bad then she will be scheduled for bypass surgery very quickly. Dad agrees that they must be quite concerned that she is a heart attack waiting to happen to keep her for so long. No risk taking at all. Not bad as the public health system here tries to get you home as quick as possible.

Thanks again for the prayers and caring hearts

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this is the last update - Thank you all so much for the prayers. Mum had an angiogram on Wednesday - there is no sign of disease, deteriation or any thing else. She got a good report and no further tests needed!

Originally Posted By: SueC
Hopefully this is the last update - Thank you all so much for the prayers. Mum had an angiogram on Wednesday - there is no sign of disease, deteriation or any thing else. She got a good report and no further tests needed!

PTL bighugclapsmilie Awesome news.

Archived