MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sad news for our dear daughter!!

Domestic_Goddess

Ladies, last weekend our middle daughter Jen had gone to Urgent Care, as she thought she may be pregnant and wanted to be sure, but she wasn't feeling too well. She had blood drawn and was schedule to see the dr this Friday, to have a vaginal ultra sound. But on Mon or Tues Jen wasn't feeling well and started bleeding and cramping, so she thought it was best she have another blood test done, as she had complications last yr around this time, and unfortunately after many drs appts, blood tests, and numerous vaginal ultra sounds, she had an ectopic pregnancy.

Jen's husband was on the road, so she asked her father if he would go w/her when she had blood drawn, as she has a fear of needles and feels best when someone is w/her when she gets this done. While Jen was here waiting for her father, she got upset and started crying, not only because she's afraid of what the outcome may be, (either another ectopic pregnancy or possibly a misscarriage) she is also worried about her beloved pet dog Rex, who is once again having surgery due to an injury he had this Summer, then once again this past Fall, on both of his hips. The 1st surgery took, but the 2nd surgery on his 2nd hip, did not, so he's schedule for surgery once again tomorrow. About 2-3 weeks ago, Rex started loosing weight, and shedding a lot more fur, and my daughter is fearing the worse, that her beloved furbaby boy may not live too long. Jen had stated: "Why is live not fair" and she started crying. Her father and I hugged her, and soon after they left to go to the drs. About 1-1/2 hrs later, the nurse who had drawn the blood called, and she told our daughter she had miscarried. Both my husband and I held her hand while she cried.

Ladies, this was going to be our daughters last chance in trying to have a baby, (which she's been wanting for the last 10 yrs.) She and her husband had talked it over, and agreed, if for some reason if she doesn't get pregnant by the end of this year, she and her husband would call it quits. Sadly this year, C'mas may not be a happy for for our dear daughter and her husband. As a mother, I wish there was something I could do to make it all better.

This has just really touched me. My DD and DSIL have been trying for 8 years now, and no pregnancy yet. They are getting desperate, so I know how you all are feeling. Just made me so sad for your daughter. Can't keep the tears away. Will be praying for your DD and the rest of you. Hugs to your family grouphug

praying for your daughter and her husband. Also will keep the dog in my thoughts and hope for the best there.

I can't help but think of what Darlene's Dad told her. God closes one door in our lives and opens another, but it's hell in the hallway. God WILL open a door for them. They just need faith to get through the hall.

bighug

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg,

I'm so sorry about everything that is going on in your DD's life right now.

I will be SENDINGPRAYERS-1.jpg for the family.

Sorry about the dog too, I understand how that is, we do get so attatched to them.

I would like to let you know that I had two miscarrages before I had our third child. I also know that one of my nieces had at least 2 or 3 before they had their first child and they now have 4 children.

Unless there is a health problem, she might still be able to have a baby. There is adoption too, maybe this is the other door.

HUGS9-1.gif

Prayers too from here along with long distance hugs.

prayingbighug

Ladies, if you or a loved one is having trouble conceiving, consider having a thyroid check-up. A friend of mine had 2 miscarriages, then the dr did the thyroid screen, got her proper medication and she has 2 healthy (and very lively) girls. I would have thought checking the thyroid would be top of the list, but not always.

It's not always the culprit, but it seems to be one of the top 5 suspects.

Thyroid - yes have it checked out. Took 5 yrs for me to get preg. Thyroid checked put on meds and preg in 2 mo. Had 4 kids in 5 yrs after that. Twins yr later another one and then 4 yrs. the last one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived