MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Your fur kids

Clovis

Sorry if this a dupe. I looked but didn't see any recent ones like it.

I imagine a lot of you have "furkids" that are a very big part of your family. I'd like to hear about 'em. I love ours as much as my other kids.

Our three dogs are:

Velcro-short for Dark Velcro Fruitbat. He is Australian Shep./St. Bernard. He's about 85lbs. of blond and white love. He's got the wide head and droopy lips of the St. with the long snout of the Aussie. He reaaly is beautiful in his own way. He will be 9 in April.

Isaac and his siter Delta are both full Aussie. Isaac is short for Chevrolet Isaac Rodent. He is about 65lbs. black, gray, white and red spotted. Poor thing is so ugly he's cute. He's also mommoy's baby and is never far from me. He'll be 7 next month.

Delta Comfort Chaos (that part fits!) is about 35lbs. The petit little lady that runs the boys with an iron paw. She's marked like a black and tan coon hound. It's odd how different she and Isaac look. Same parents. She'll be 5 this month and is daddy's baby. I'm not good for much except filling the feeder in her opinion. rofl

If I ever figure out how to post pics. I'll put some up. OK, what about your babies?

Stacy, I loved the pics of your babies. They were adorable. whistle How coulld you ever part with any of them? LOL I especially like the one of them aslepp int he semi-circle with one in the middle. Looks like they fell asleep in the middle of the game. LOL

The girl with them in a couple is very pretty too, daughter?

We got a couple of those "squishy" pillows thinking they'd be nice for behind your neck on the couch or recliner. They are apparently very comfy. The dogs took them over and we never get to use them. Isaac and Delta were wrestling over one the other morning and nobody won. Imagine a large black and grey dog butt fluffed out from static and full of squishy beads. I laughed til I cried. rofl No pics, darn it, sonna have to keep the camera handy.

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

If you look at all the pictures on the url that Stacy put here, you will see our Minnie. She was so very thin when we got her in December of 2006. Now take a look at her. smile

Here she is with our grandson on Thanksgiving Day.

THANKSGIVINGDAY2007AIDENANDMINNIE.jpg

This one is Christmas Eve when she was looking at the tree and things and saw her toy, she just went over and picked it up so nicely. smile

MINNIEANDHERFIRSTDOGTOY.jpg

Now she has it in the middle of the floor. smile

MINNIEANDHERTOYATCHRISTMAS.jpg

Then she goes back and looks at the snowman toy. smile

MINNIELOOKINGATTREEANDTOYS.jpg

Now she has the snowman. smile This one makes a noies, the dog toy doesn't.

MINNIELIKESHERSNOWMANITMAKESNOISE.jpg

I think you can sure see the difference in her looks, how she has filled out some. smile

We had lost our other two dogs just months apart, one in August of 2005 and the second one in March of 2006. So had waited several months to get Minnie.

HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gifWINTERHUGS.gif

Originally Posted By: Clovis
Stacy, I loved the pics of your babies. They were adorable. whistle How coulld you ever part with any of them? LOL I especially like the one of them aslepp int he semi-circle with one in the middle. Looks like they fell asleep in the middle of the game. LOL

The girl with them in a couple is very pretty too, daughter?
The one on the floor covered in puppies was ds13 and the other was dd21. They had a really hard time saying goodbe to them. I on other hand was beginning to feel like a mommy with 11 toddlers. I was only a little sad to say goodbye...plus, I knew they were going to good homes.
smile

Imagine a large black and grey dog butt fluffed out from static and full of squishy beads.
rofl

Minnie is so sweet looking Snowmom. She looks as neglected as ours do. She is lucky to have a good mommy like you.

It's cute to see we're not the only one's who get their dogs presents. I made ours new toys this past year from remnants and stuffing. Delta played tug with hers for about 2 minutes before she ripped a hole in it then threw stuffing all over the living room. It was too funny to watch her ripping out the stuffing and "killing" it to stop her.

Dogmom, I can understand how you'd be sad but relieved too. They are soooo much work. LOL (and joy)

I'm going to have to figure out how to put pictures in my posts. Until then:

I have a 13 year old Siamese female. She owns my 13 yo son.

a 8 year old shepherd/short haired collie cross. Imagine a blond shepherd? He looks like that, all 98 pounds of him. He's 8 now and going strong. His name is Murphy. The noises he makes sound like 'murph murpph murph'

A 5 yo Rottie girl who wants to weigh 120lbs, at least. I want her to stay under 105. I named her Ripley, after the hero in the Alien movies. She is 5, I apodpted her from a rescue society.

My crazy husband got us a black pug. He is 6 months old and named Gargoyle. He is a brainless, cowardly, homely little noisy critter. He does however keep your lap warm while you read. He snores too.

There is also 3 chinchilas, a hedgehog and a big tank of tropical fish. I can't have chickens and goats, but I am determined my kids will grow up living near and dealing with animals. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. The fact that I love having so many pets has absolutely nothing to do with it! Really...

Debbie, I loved your descprition of your pug. I got a good laugh out of it. rofl The people down the road have 6 of them and I know they are ugly, yappy and snort alot. I also think they're adorable.

And the fact that I would sneak home every puppy I could get my hands on has nothing to do with why I'm not aloud to have big pockets or be left alone with puppies. blushgrin

Mt. Rider, your goats are pretty. The one looks like the shy baby peeking over the fence.

MtRider, your brown goat looks quite mischevious; you'd better watch out for that one!

I have a male orange tabby, we usually call him Stinky. I used to have a female orange tabby (they're rather rare) too, but she died three years ago. I still miss her. She was my cat. She was actually terribly bitchy and would take a poke at anyone who crossed her path, but I understood her - I have only the one scar to prove it! (seriously) rofl She was a great cat (to me!).

Last spring, we got our first dog. He's at least a 4th generation pedigreed mutt - a little bit of everything in him, medium size, color, features and behavior. But he loves me, loves the kids, and is fond of dh. He's protective to a fault (we're working on that). And I love him to pieces.

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

I love the pictures of the goats. Wish I had some of the goats we had years ago. Right now don't know where they are if we did take pictures of them. frown

These are the two we had to put down. Prince and Queen.

DOGSPRINCEANDQUEEN.jpg

Prince had lost sight in the one eye when he was about 6 - 8 years old.

Here is a picture of a couple kittens we had for a couple months and then had to give away, I just couldn't have them in the house, they were into and onto everything. They broke some of my plants off and I just wasn't going to have that. So, we gave them away.

MISTIANDSKUTTER.jpg

Yes, poor Minnie, she was so thin when we got her, we were told she could gain about 5 pounds, and I'm sure she has by now. smile She just is such a fussy eater, she wants people food and there is only a one kind of dog food she will eat and that is the 'Ceaser', I think that is the spelling. Anyway, she wouldn't eat Kibbles and Bits and that is what we fed the other two dogs. But, she is doing just fine and is at the weight she should be now. smile

If you notice in this picture how thin is was at that time. frown This was taken just shortly after we got her.

DCP_2101.jpg

HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gifSNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpg

Archived