MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Georgia friends!!! Check in!!!

ArmyOfFive4God

THNX Jewlz, we were very blessed. It was like a reg 2-hour storm packed into 15 minutes. We lost power, but not for long & Hubba made it to work ok! He said most of the traffic lights were out on the way. Emerg. vehicle sirens for 2 hours straight, I read that 2 people were pinned under a tree, one broke his leg. A tin roof in the middle of 20 & branches & trees blocked off 2 lanes on 1-75. It was nasty! Much of the area is still under advisories & such.

checking in from a suburb just 30 minutes North of Atlanta...we made it through everything just fine...Daddy (who is 20 minutes from me) had a chunk of tree fall through the roof of his shed, but it's covered in a tarp and secured until things calm down outside.....thanks for this thread...how sweet!!!!

IN HIS LOVE,

foxfire

I couldn't sleep last night...I think I finally fell asleep around 2-2:30am...

I got a phone call at 5:30 this morning from the county school district informing me, "Skool haz baen closzed twodaye due to ianclamanant waythah..."

3.5 hours sleep and a blizzard is something I'm finding ridiculously funny. I'm sitting here watching the snow fall just like it was in Antartica...the snow is getting deeper and deeper outside and I'm grateful I had the propane tanks refilled a couple of weeks ago.

Once I get woke up properly (2 pots of coffee), I think I'm going to go brave the blizzard and bring in some wind and crank up my woodstove.

Originally Posted By: Darlene

Once I get woke up properly (2 pots of coffee), I think I'm going to go brave the blizzard and bring in some wind and crank up my woodstove.

I think you either better go back to bed or have another pot of coffee. grin

Bring in some wind. rofl I wanna know how ya catch it. LOL

[MtR chuckling...] WHAT? I'm not laughing. darlene2

yep, just open the door and you're gonna bring in some wind. laughkick

So how goes the blizzard, Darlene? I can just bet that studded-snowtires are not standard equipment down there. BEEEE careful! Snowstorms are kinda nice if you can stay snug inside. Iffen ya gotta go outside to take care of critters....it stinks ...till you get back inside again.

MtRider sunning and a balmy 46 degrees out right now. [yeah, ABOVE zero! lol]

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

Glad you are all doing ok.

I saw some of the news and the cars were all over the roads and it looked to be a mess, and this was in Kansas, I think. So, for you who don't get much snow, this had to be a big mess. frown

We are the ones in the NORTH, and we are the ones who are not getting the snow. smile Kind of pays to be in the north. smile

laughkick who's laughkick

We know we could get storms like that, but, we sure haven't had any to speak of this winter. Only had to have our drive cleaned 4 times this year.

Oh, just looking out the window, and I see a few flakes coming down, nothing big. Probably will stop in a while. smile

Wind will come in, unwanted, for sure the minute the door is open. Stay warm. smile

HUGS3-2.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Archived