MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm Getting A Canner!

RusticOkie

I'm Getting a Canner star I'm getting a Canner star

Okay so I'm a little excited. I was talking to my grandma yesterday about wanting to learn to can and what all I needed, etc. And she said she has a water bath canner that she doesn't use anymore because its too heavy. Then she asked if I wanted it? Um YEAH!

I am going to visit next week so I'll get it then! Yea! I just had to share.

Great news! You'll have a ball with a water bath canner...there's lots you can do with that. Now go dig up some recipes and get your feet wet! Ok, well maybe not your feet...I'm just excited for you!

That is so nice... Grandma's canner! Maybe when you go to get it you can get her to tell you some good canning stories, too.

My grandmothers are in heavan, and when I am using some of thier kitchen things I feel a special bond, like I'm really connected to all the women in the family before me.

Yeah Rustic Okie! clap I don't blame you for being excited. I think you'll find canning very rewarding. I know I do.

And not only are you getting one for free, you're getting the bonus of all the love and stories behind it. That makes it priceless.

You go, Okie!! Durn straight you want it. You can do so many things in the water bath canner and it is so cool to see your finished cans. Many folks can just tomatoes (they are sooo good) and a water bath canner will do that, pickles, fruits and fruit juices, etc. Oh!! don't forget the pickled beets!

Your Grandmother sounds like a cool person. (I miss mine so much, we used to talk our heads off about homesteading stuff...)

I'm excited for you...now you need to have a canning party.

(You know, everybody sits around and peels apples, or you make salsa, or some such thing, then you can it up and everybody takes a jar or two home....)

Archived