MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New here from SE Louisiana

kaki

just joined i think last night...can't rememeber what i do day to day sometimes! anyway, i am kathy aka as renee or kaki. i am a single(divorced) mother of one daughter, Britt, who is almost 18. she is autistic and mildly mentally retarded.

i live in SE Louisiana, about 25 miles west of New Orleans. my mother and i bought a house in 2004 as she was older and needed help, i am somewhat physically disabled and need help and then there's Britt. smile if anything happens to my mom we may lose the house, so she jokingly told me i better get hitched agaim! lol

don't remembere where i heard of the site, but pretty sure it was a link from someone in one of my other groups i am in (frugalvillage). anyway, glad to be here and hope i can find time to read it all...alot to take in so i may be online a few days stright! forgive any typos, my fingers like to try to type on their own sometimes...alot of arthritis mainly from being hit by a car almost 40 years ago (and the meds make me type funny too!).

well that's all for now...going into lurk mode to read a while i guess....later!

welcome4 Glad to see you joined us. There's a lot of great information here and the people are very helpful. If you need help with anything just ask someone will always be headed here soon to answer your questions!

Welcome Kaki! Ive got a friend with two young adult Autistic children. Only the daughter lives with the mother. The son has to be in a home. I know it happens in various degrees and it turns out my exhubby has aspergers, and one of his twin sons by his second marriage has a light case. My son, from first marriage is doing fine. In the military until the Fall. I am glad you are here. My son will be marrying eventually as he got engaged over Valentines to a lovely lady. They both were enlisted and became Marine officers. Our kids can face the odds and accomplish things, maybe in different scales, but their self worth is vital, I can tell it really makes a difference. My sons fiance will go to Iraq. I pray she comes home safe and can re-adjust when its all said and done. Been around so much ptsd, which is just as challenging in its own way... take care, we all got something goin on! Glad to have you with us. I only joined in May, myself. Im a veteran, there are many others who are military connected too. I am so glad to belong here...everyone is wonderful, and many are so clever!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kaki! I've enjoyed reading your helpful posts, and looking forward to more.

Sorry to be so late welcoming you to here!

Welcome to MrsSurvival! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out!

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" preparedness/survivalist sites on the Internet. Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

Archived