MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My doctor's visit-whew

Well it has been an interesting few days. Went back to the doc Mon. and he sent me to a cardiologist today. Spent several hours hooked up and getting IVs. I thought I was the essence of health but my ticker has not been cooperating. Seems I have "atrialfibulation" or something like that. One chamber has not been working in coordination with the rest and I have not been getting Oxygenated blood properly. Heart rate was astronomical, BP out the bottom, and me weak as a kitten. Feeling so much better now-have some energy flowing back into the arms and legs. Back to the hospital tomorrow for a bunch of tests, then to the doc again, and an echocardiogram/EKG again. He wanted to put me into the hospital for a few days and that worried me. We had a wee talk about finances and he let me go home. Now on three meds till they get me "leveled out". Can't work for a few days so will be aggravating you guys-lol. Later on, wc

Folks, if you smoke, don't eat properly, don't exercise, drink lots of coffee you are asking for trouble. I don't do any of these things and could not understand why I am having problems. The doc said that often seemingly healthy adults just start it. Many times they stop it also. That is what I am hoping for. wc

I am glad you went in to the Dr. Hope the Heart cooperates with the meds and gets back to health soon. Maybe you picked up a virus? I had heart palpitations from one year when I got the flu and they were viral induced. Went away when I got better.

Thanks so much guys/gals. They doubled up on one med and added another. Seems I will be going back each week for awhile. Had my first good nights sleep in awhile-gosh I feel better. Might even kiss "moma 6" in a few days-snicker. Best to each of you, wc

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Yes, do what you are told to do, -6 and take care.

I have had a pace maker for 12 years and 4 months now. It is do to be replaced but, not sure just when yet. I was told it would last 10 - 12 years and so I have been so thankful for it going longer. smile

When I went to the hospital, I was flat lining for about 30 seconds at a time and several times in just a few minutes. It wasn't just once in a while, it was every few minutes.

People who don't know about some of these things, just don't understand. Now, I will tell you what I didn't know before I had my pace maker put in. The pace makers were made due to space age and knowledge. I had no idea that is how they came about before I had mine. So, I am thankful for the 'Space Age'.

I never smoked, old pine did, I know I still don't exercise as much as I should, but, am trying to improve in this. I don't drink coffee any more. Yes, I use to, but, that was over 40 years ago. I drink water and once in a while tea and when we go out, I sometimes drink pop/soda. smile

You take care and do what you are suppose to do.

HUGS11-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY-2.gif

Thanks SM, Blood work this morn and echocardiogram this afternoon. Now on Lasix and Potassium for the fluid around my heart. Sure will be glad when this stuff gets leveled out, wc

Hang in there. You'll feel like crap on and off, but once the med's are under control, you'll be good as new! My mom was diagnosed with this a few years back, it took a bit of experimenting with medication, but now she feels great. You will too! Just take care of yourself.

Andrea, a buddy was telling me the same thing. It sure shocked me when the doc gave me the diagnosis-my life nearly flashed before my eyes. Now I am feeling much better and more active--LOL--have to because the Lasiz has me running to the little boys room every 30-45 minutes. Appreciate each of you so much and see you around in Oct. at the gathering at Darlene's. Ours is the third week end also, wc

Was near Fredrickburg,Va recently and got something you "chocoholics" will just swoon over. It is a Hershey's chocolate candle. It really smells like chocolate and my wife just drools when I open it. What is it with ladies and chocolate?? Is it an afradesiac or something you just crave?? LOL, wc

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

-6, how are you doing these days.

I know what you mean about those candles. smile We use to have a candle store in town, but, they just closed down last summer. They had those candles too. They had the chocolate, coffee, many different berry and all sorts of flavors. smile

So, here are some CHOCOLATECARS.jpgCHOCOLATECANDY3.gif to share here. smile

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY-1.gif

Went Monday for my "rat poison" level blood test and Tues back to the cardiologist. He is pleased at the progress and so am I. Sleeping/eating much better. He has put me on a no upper torso work schedule. I can walk and he says to for exercising the heart muscles. Changed my meds to a much cheaper kind-yes. I go every week for that Warfarin level blood test and back to the Car. in one month. Just tickled that I am able to breathe and sleep good. Am so tired of sitting/lying around but it is letting my heart rest. Mighty hard to walk slowly when all my life I have pushed to do things rapidly.

On a note to any experiencing any degree of weakness/tiredness--go get it checked out---yesterday. The doc. said if I had not had a very strong heart that I would have had a heart attack because of the way it had been working, wc

I'm glad your cardiologist is happy with your progress. I know how hard it is to do nothing when you're a do-er smile I had the same problem in March when I had to rest all those weeks. It is hard! You are doing a good job of following your Dr's order though and that is a good thing. I hope you continue to improve((((( -6 ))))

Archived