MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I need prayer

SueC

I really need your prayers over the next few days.

I have been having troubles at work, This is something so weird, I have never had these sort of problems in my working life before. My situation is unique as I work in one town and the branch office there, but my supervisor works in another town in the main office. I am the only one in the organisation that works this way.

My problems are to do with a small part of my job - association audit and reviews. These are about 20% of my work load. When they come into the office another staff member does the initial interview, and makes the decision whether audit or review. The work comes to me and I am expected to do it a couple of hours. It takes longer than that for several reasons, one the work is rarely presented with a financial statement, so that has to be created before the audit/review can be done. Also if it is an audit then the workbook has 88 pages of work that goes with it. I have been slow getting the financial reports ready - I don't do many and so I am slow and tend to make some mistakes.

My boss in my town made a decision that one should be an audit and the boss in the other town is upset because i didn't communicate with her, but I dont feel that I can go over the top and question the local boss's decision. This was compounded by discussing a possible audit with the association guy in the other town and he made the call to review. Now it is decided I didn't give him enough information and it should have been an audit, so again I wear the fault. So the far away boss rings me today and said that because I dont communicate with her, I am not to do those jobs anymore. I feel a failure, I still have to face the local boss who has been away for 3 weeks. And it is just getting harder and harder to work under these conditions.

To add to the mix, I was given a report that supposedly came from the loacl office that I dont get on with anyone in the office, that I make excuses and cant admit when I am wrong and that I think I am always right. - Ouch.

So please pray - this is just a horrible situation, and I really dont know how to deal with it. It cost us all our savings to move to this small town, so moving again is not really an option.

Sue

Sue, you are under attack, and I will pray for your strength and wisdom is what to do. As for being told you are not to do the difficult job anymore, I would consider that a blessing in disguise. Do not allow worry to take hold of your heart. Remember to whom you belong and trust in Him! You are not a failure, you are more than a conqueror! praying

Thanks so much for the prayers and words of encouragement. Today was a lot better than I expected. I had a chat to the girl that was meant to have given the bad report. She was stunned that someone would give a report like that and asked who, I said apparently she gave the report. So we cleared the air there. I also chatted with her about the current problems, and she thinks I have done what was required and what was asked. That it is probably an inter office thing and I am getting caught in the middle. I still have to see the local boss tomorrow morning, and then I am moving on with my work and doing the best I can. If I can ride it out for another 18 months I will be in a better position to look elsewhere.

So again thank you, it was only prayers that got me through the day. I will feel better once I have spoken to the local boss, but he has just returned from 3 weeks holiday.

I did talk to the other boss about other things. He could not have been more helpful. He hasn't said anything about the situation though. I am really making an effort to do the best job I can and to be as efficient as I can.

Last night a couple of other workers and I were talking. There are many unhappy workers in this office. I think I can see where alot of their issues are coming from, but being the newbie, cant really say anything.

So work hard, and keep learning is my goal.

Thanks again for those of you who are and have been praying for this situation.

oh my! and i thought my bosses were stinkers! you have lots of prayers from me too! have courage, though it is hard....

Archived