MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm sorry I've been gone lately

RusticOkie

I feel so bad for deserting you all. We made the move from OK to TX and things didn't go exactly as planned and its been rough on us all. I didn't feel up to being on the board much since I felt like I was out of place. We lost much of our stockpile and supplies. Some are supposed to be in storage but I know we will not likely get a lot of them back. We've been living in town and its taking its toll on us all.

Thankfully we are going back to OK in just over a week and I will be able to get things back on track. Even if I am starting over.

I felt bad for disappearing but my heart just wasn't in it. I am looking forward to being back again.

bighug Awwww, what happened?

Can you go back to the same place you left? Or are you starting over in a new place in OK, too? Did "Ike" mess you up in Texas?

You can spill it all out here and get it out of your system, then get tough and walk on... your experiences might help someone else, too. And maybe someone else has "been there, done that" and can help *you*.

You're NEVER out of place here. Not all of us "prep"... some are just here for the *emotional* support.

And the lovin', too. wink

Oh, and of course, for the giggles. rofl

grouphug2 Welcome back... we missed you.

Sorry things didn't work out the way you planned, but welcome back! Just remember you are still ahead of the game because you know what to do to get back on track. bighug

Glad to see you back, RO!!!!!! star

Sad to hear that you've been in the middle of a mess....or a series of them? I hate challenges that come one on top of the other.

Hope you will soon feel like your feet are on the planet more solidly soon.

grouphug

MtRider

Sorry about all your problems RO bighug's coming your way. Hope you get settled in again and will be praying for you. You will get back on track and get those preps back, we all go through our preps at some time or another and have to start over after a crisis. You will too. Just remember we are all here to support you grouphug2

Thank you all for the kind words, welcomes, and hugs. It means so much to me.

We just hit a series of bumps in the road but in reality we are coming out on top of everything.

We made the move to Texas because we were sinking financially in our current situation. A good friend of my family offered dh a great position so we felt we needed to make the move in order to get back on top of our financial situation.

Well when we got down here the job turned out not to be what was promised and was less money per hour than dh was making in OK. Not to mention we had all the expenses of moving. Luckily I was able to find a job quickly and my mom offered to watch dd during the day while I worked so she wouldn't have to be in daycare and we could save that cost. So financially we are doing much better but its taking its toll on everyone.

Especially since we moved in with my family until we found somewhere to live. Talk about close quarters and its been rough on everyone. Especially dh. And then I work days and dh is working nights so if we're lucky we see each other 30 minutes a day, but a lot of days we don't see each other at all. And he is lucky if he gets 1 day off on the weekends.

This is where things started to get really rough. Tempers were flaring, everyone was fighting, and we were all tired and stressed out. But then something changed...

My dad decided he was ready to become semi-retired so he decided he wanted to start a hot-shot company and move back to Oklahoma! What? So long story short. He helped us buy a new truck and now dh is going to be driving a truck and we are going back to OK. Its a great job and he will be making more than we are making now with both of us working so I will be able to be home with dd again and focus on getting my business started up. I will probably do something part time a couple days a week after the first of the year as well.

We are going to be back in the same area we were before but unfortunately not in the same house. Someone moved in literally the week before we made the decision to go back. His sister offered for us to move in with her and we think we will do that while we look for something else. I know she could use the help financially so it would benefit everyone. We've found a few houses we are interested in but they are not move in ready and I don't want to try to do renovations in the winter. Especially not with the kiddo.

So really things are looking up for us now and we should be able to start making a big dent in our debt and building up our savings. We have a solid plan in place and it should be good. Now I just need to start again with all my prepping and everything else. That's why I feel so blessed to have you all here for support.

So we are moving next weekend and then I have to start unpacking getting things settled, and getting ready for dd's birthday party. Busy busy...

Thanks again for everything. And if you made it to the end of this novel you deserve a cake

(((((RO))))))

Just take a deep breath and slow down. Your back and your family is still together. Got the truck and your back home in familiar territory.

Remember to take care of you.

We're here when you need us...

grouphug2

Thank you so much. I will be taking some deep breaths and settling down soon. Of course it may be after Oct! But things are moving right along. We just need to get everything situated but that's what I do best.

I am actually looking forward to starting over and doing things right this time around.

Oh, RC, talk about a long and winding road. bighug

Sometimes we dont see why He led us down a rocky stretch of the road until much later, and then we see it was actually a path to a much better place.

I'm praying for your family's safe move and blessed future.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived