MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Welcome to our new skin

MountainMommy

We are going to give this one a try and see if it fits for people as our "every day skin".

Your comments are welcome!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a perfect skin, I can see that already. But I'm pretty picky.

I like the look and the member panel on the side is nice. It does force you to scroll to the right to see all the posts though (or is that just my screen???). I'm sure that can be adjusted in the CSS though. I like it.

That's nice!!! It reads easy, not loud, dignified. It's almost as pretty as the gold/burgundy one! (I'm prejudiced...'tis my first love, see...) lololol

Great side menu! That is really, really nice! Sometimes when the stuff is scattered across the top, it's easy for new posters or guests to miss or forget them! (I noticed the two buttons at the bottom of that sidebar menu reflects the 'top posters'. Sometimes all that shows is who can outtalk the rest with a zillion one-liners or other drive-by posts...Just curious, is there a feature that shows Top POSTS, or TOPICS, rather than posters? That might be helpful in a more relevant kind of way.)

MountainMommy, I had posted the following bit in TurtleMama's 'no more pink' thread...reposting it here, in case you didn't see it, or the additional edits...just my two cents.

Well how 'bout this for an idea that will make everyone happy???????

Keep the current burgundy/gold skin or any other 'easy-to-read-long-posts' skin that dignifies the entrance and the entire site...and at the same time have the funsies available in the skin selector's toggle button.

That way, when in a Valentine pink mood, or in a Saint Paddy's green mood, or in a patriotic colors mood, all anyone has to do is toggle to it...no problem!

Because most people don't know about the skin selector, or may not see a thread addressing it, they may not appreciate the forced distraction of the holiday eyeball bashes while trying to read about the serious business of surviving zombie attacks.

Justathought...

That's nice!!! It reads easy, not loud, dignified. It's almost as pretty as the gold/burgundy one! (I'm prejudiced...'tis my first love, see...) lololol

Great side menu! That is really, really nice! Sometimes when the stuff is scattered across the top, it's easy for new posters or guests to miss or forget them! (I noticed the two buttons at the bottom of that sidebar menu reflects the 'top posters'. Sometimes all that shows is who can outtalk the rest with a zillion one-liners or other drive-by posts...Just curious, is there a feature that shows Top POSTS, or TOPICS, rather than posters? That might be helpful in a more relevant kind of way.)

MountainMommy, I had posted the following bit in TurtleMama's 'no more pink' thread...reposting it here, in case you didn't see it, or the additional edits...just my two cents.

Well how 'bout this for an idea that will make everyone happy???????

Keep the current burgundy/gold skin or any other 'easy-to-read-long-posts' skin that dignifies the entrance and the entire site...and at the same time have the funsies available in the skin selector's toggle button.

That way, when in a Valentine pink mood, or in a Saint Paddy's green mood, or in a patriotic colors mood, all anyone has to do is toggle to it...no problem!

Because most people don't know about the skin selector, or may not see a thread addressing it, they may not appreciate the forced distraction of the holiday eyeball bashes while trying to read about the serious business of surviving zombie attacks.

Justathought...

It's a good thought. I will put that to Darlene.

If nothing else, I will add something to my "guide" about toggling skins.

I like this one a little better because it eliminates those awful flashing arrows on the left side of the burgundy screen--I had switched to plain blue because those things gave me intense headaches and were a horrid distraction. This screen is okay but you are forced to scroll at the bottom and it's a pain, too. I guess nothing is perfect. I think the toggle idea is great...it allows people to choose and shuts up the complainers, LOL

Whatever you pick, I'll show up anyway! :P

:24:

Ha ha ha ha!!! Everyone can see how old we are as our birthdays come due...looksee at the bottom of the main page...

Whoa!!! There's gonna be some :sHa_sarcasticlol: going on...and maybe even some :motz_6:

Me? I don't care! I earned every lovely strand of silver I have. 'taint gray, no! Gray is for old dogs and men. Silver is for ladies.

I like the sidebar too. Before it was too 'busy' and I am a 'newbie'. Doesn't take much for me to get confused! Ok...so some are saying that we can change the colour ourselves? I didn't care for the burgundy at all. I liked the pastel pink. To me, this taupe and the olive green esp. are too dreary. The taupe is easy on the eyes but I'm not a dull green person. Mint green would be ok. Sooo...what do I do to change colours?

I can read this okay but and it is nice but I really liked the burgundy(one of my favorite colors). I like the member panel on the left but I also have to move my screen across to read and then back if I want to use some of the panel. Can the panel be set up to minimize when not in use like the panel I have for favorites in Vista?

When I submitted this post, it ran me back to the left side of the screen. So does that mean when I click on a button the posts, it will do this?

I like it a lot! I prefer the sidebar menu and it does not seem as cluttered as the maroon skin was. If y'all decide against this one, please PM me what it was called so I can choose it for a personal skin.

Thanks!

Vic

I like this color scheme better...it doesn't hurt my eyes like Judy said.

The burgandy one gave me bad headaches too...this one is soothing and calmer. Thankfully.

I too find this colour the easiest on my eyes, I hadn't realised i could change the colour myself, I must take a proper look round :sEm_blush:

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

I don't know about what others think, but, oldpine saw this and he agreed with me that it sort of looks drab compared to the pink or burgundy. If the green were brighter, maybe that would help, but then too, I am greened out. We have had so much green in our home I'm tired of it. :wacko: So, you see, I am a vote with some who prefer the burgundy and gold. :)

MM you just have to do what you think is best. Thank you so much for your hard work here. :bighug2:

HUGS37.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

While this one is okay and I can live with it, my vote is for the burgandy. This one makes it so I am having to constantly scroll side to side on every line I choose to read.

Q

You can choose the burgundy one if you like... read my "guide" post at the top of the sunporch for instructions.

You can choose the burgundy one if you like... read my "guide" post at the top of the sunporch for instructions.

((((MM)))) I just did and found the needed button and switched over....you are a gem!!

Q

:woohoo:

You know what is so cool about this, MrsSurvival is our Home on the net and now we can all decorate our bedroom the way we like it! Now, that is wondeful!!

Thanks!

Heheheh!

Great analogy!

Love it!! Although I do like the burgandy and the sandstorm blue, the driftwood is pretty too. I will have to say I do not like the member menu on the side. I like the buttons across the top. I vote we keep all of them that way people can choose which one they want. I am much as I love the green (green is my favorite color) I will be using the sandstorm blue because the buttons are across the top that way I won't have to toggle back and forth to read the threads.

Archived