MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARBY!!!

lunamother

LOL, the old chick's club, that be me! the newest member! I just got a nice phone call from my son and am waiting for a fancy embroidery brother sewing machine to be delivered today as it is supposed to be and according to tracking........ Fed Ex better not drop it across the street! I even have notes put up that they better pay attention too!

I ordered my flannel backing for a quilt project I have wanted to do for years and I would love to have a quilt on my bed later in the Fall.

Leaves are already turning, frosts at night started up and the leaves are falling early this year! The quilt will be a commmerative quilt ( sp) of the Oregon and California Trail pioneers and 49er Gold Rush period of our American History.The backing will have log cabins and canoes on it and the materials I have saved are oriented towards this historical period of the pioneers.

My son wants me to do a collegiate, naval academy T shirt quilt for him.

I look forward to making some embroidered quilts for my grandchildren to be as well in the next few years and to get to all the sewing projects and clothing I need to do!

Am doing fine here in the adirondacks! Thankyou for your Happy Birthday wishes!

Thanks everyone! The sewing machine arrived safely. It was a gift from my son. Boy, is it full of all kinds of fancy stuff! The manual is at least a quarter inch thick ..... I was so busy on facebook with cousins and friends wishing me birthday wishes that I will be spending tomorrow studying the manual and just trying to get it all set up for some regular sewing tests. If I can get the embroidery card for Christmas themes I will make framed embroidered Christmas ornaments for gifts this year!

I also realized I need to stock up on all kinds of colors of thread, luckily the manual has a good appendix with the common brands and number codes for them so I should be able to order a bunch online next month.

It will be fun learning how to make it do stuff!

Thanks again! Today was great!

Archived