MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats Your Favorite Ice Cream in the whole world!

Somehow i think you knew i'd be the first one to answer this one........seems you are talkin about one of my favorite subjects!

There are so many......does it have to be one?

SO many different flavors and brands...hmmmmmm

I enjoy fudge ripple......vienna mocha chip......oh geeeee i could name tons......i'll just stick with those for now.

Call me when you want to talk sherbet!

Guest Guest

Hmmm, maybe I should clarify my answer...

I didn't say I don't *like* ice cream, or that I don't eat it;

I just don't have a *favorite*.

I like just about any ice cream!!

Guest Guest

Momo, there is ice cream that is suger free, it's called (Suger Busters) being as close to La. I'm surprised that you havn't heard of it....

It's based on the book that was written a few years ago by two doctors .... There is a line of food that is put out by the name brand of suger busters, I have started buying suger free bread,( that means that there's no suger used in the product, not that the carbs do not break down into suger),,,

It's sold by Winn Dixie here in La.

• 1 year later...

Golly! My favorite is C H O C O L A T E... I buy it by the gallon from WalMart and keep it in the freezer in the back room... that way I get some exercise when I go to get my bowl full every night! BUT, right now I'm out of it and I'm trying to resist the urge to go and buy some more cause I sure do need to lose some weight...

Guest Guest

Sweet Dreams of Homemade Ice Cream

http://allrecipes.com/advice/coll/summer/a...7P1.asp?tsrc=wc

Sweet Dreams of Homemade Ice Cream

Okay, we admit it: we never, ever met a dish of ice cream we didn't like. But

there is something extra-special about homemade ice cream. We love the beautiful

simplicity of the ingredients in a basic batch of ice cream - all it takes to

get started is cream and sugar. We also love the absolute freedom we have to mix

in the ripest fruit, the richest chocolate, the most perfectly toasted nuts, and

to invent our own flavors from the most modest vanilla to the craziest

combinations of gooey, chunky, sweet and crunchy things in our cupboards. Get

out your ice cream maker and we'll let you in on some of the secrets of sweet

success with homemade ice cream......

Tips, Hints and tons of Recipes... Just click on the link above.

There used to be this restaurant in a suburb of Denver, called Ritzy's (it had some initials in it too, but I can't remember those). They were one of those "old fashioned" restaurants that served the most incredible burgers and fries. They also had a separate ice cream counter where you could get just about any concoction of ice cream you wanted. I found out years later that they made most of their own ice cream.

My favorite, favorite, favorite of all time was their Mint Oreo ice cream. It was so completely perfect in a hot fudge sundae. I remember doing Ritzy's for a few birthdays instead of cake, LOL.

We moved out of Aurora to Golden, another suburb (well, kinda) of Denver, and home of Coors Beer. Even though they were both suburbs, driving on the highway it took over an hour to get from one to the other, so our trips to Ritzy's were done.

As an adult, I moved back to Aurora and one of the first places we went was Ritzy's. I was sad to see that they had no mint oreo ice cream. I asked if they would have it some other time, and was told that there were new owners now, and they didn't have that recipe. It IS something I will figure out when I get an ice cream maker, LOL.

When the movie theater closed down because a more modern theatre opened up just down the road, Ritzy's followed suit-even though they had some loyal customers, their primary business was when the movies let out. I went on their last day, had a burger and some fries, and remembered some of the few pleasant times I had with my mom, shared over mint oreo hot fudge sundaes.

Thanks to whoever revived this post, this has been a pleasant trip down memory lane!

Mommy of 5

You know what? We had chocolate ice cream for the twin's birthday Saturday. Everyday since I have watched my oldest DD eat cup after cup of it. I never broke down and shared along. What an amazing feat! Next the tightrope dance.....

There are three I really love by Skinny Cow:

Chocolate Peanutbutter Cup icecream sandwiches

Mint icecream sandwiches

&

in the half gallon Strawberry Cheesecake.

Mmmmmm. Just need to measure right - that's why I like the single serves.

If any of your grocery stores carry blue bunny ice cream, you have got to try, nascar speedway sundae ice cream, oh man it is delicious.... It is vanilla ice cream with ribbons of chocolate, chocolate covered peanuts and tiny fudge race cars... Oh it is wonderful, tried it for the first time today...

• 2 weeks later...

I think perhaps chocolate and peanut butter ice cream. Although there was one time about 15 years ago at a grocery outlet, that I found ice cream that was vanilla with chunks of chocolate, raspberries, swirls of caramel, and coconut flakes. That was divine, but I only ever saw it the one time!