MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dollhouses on Display!

As IF we don't have enough going on this week, Now tonight they want our Display in early. Was to be set up in Display cases for month of Aug. But Library called and want it TONIGHT!

So I spent the day packing things up so we can get them there without breakage! Thank Goodness 'most' is held fast with 'tacky wax for Dollhouses'.

Still takes 6 big boxes/totes to get them there. LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

PS still no rain- but the weather is cooler!

Oh how neat! Takes me back to my childhood. VERY GOOD JOB Amishway Homesteader. Do you make the old furniture and people? I love collecting little things. When my daughter was younger, my Dad made her a replica of one of the rowhouses of Baltimore and we had a blast filling it. From the carpet to the curtains etc. It we couldn't find it, we made it. It was a very good bonding time for both of us. I still have it packed carefully away. Learned a hard lesson about letting other little ones play with it so I'm keeping it for my daughter when she has children. I could look at your display all day just picking up little details. I wish they were bigger pictures. Wonderful job, thanks. Reb

Those are beautiful, Michael & Lori! You must be very proud of your collection. How long has Lori been collecting? How long have you been helping her to furnish them? How long before they take over your train space, Michael? :grinning-smiley-044:

Nice job! I've always loved dollhouses. I was about 7 when I rewired my sister's dollhouse to make the lights actually work. When I built my own, they were usually colonial forts or castles, but I had a whole city built with an esoteric mix of (not to scale) legos, lincoln logs, electric trains plastic models, any other miniatures I could cram in.

Archived