MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Our Dollhouses on Youtube!

OK so here we go . . . . . . .MAYBE?

Someone form Barbara Jean's Furniture came over while we were there with our Dollhouse display and make a 'youtube' video.

Now mind you we can't view it but she did a few of them but this is all I can find for today?

http://www.youtube.com/user/RuthiesCouponChannel

it is under

?

SO If you can view them - here you go and hope you can find the other ones?

Anyway, at least you can see what we have been up too, as well as hear Michael's voice and maybe even see Lori and Michael as she kept pointing the thing at us as we were trying to set up the Display.

you can also see a lot of Barbara Jean's vintage Christmas displays in background.

NO, Michael doesn't talk like that every day -was a long day and we were tired as well as 'Come on lady we are setting things up - can't this wait?' LOL

:AmishMichael2:

Also, The local paper for the area the " Finger Lakes Times" came by on Saturday afternoon to do a interview with us, as well as took some pictures, for Monday's Front Page of the paper.

We will ppost a link (if there is one) when it comes out/

We will be there Sunday from 12 noon until 5 pm so will see if she cames back to take more videos?

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh that's just lovely. Saw the second vid and Michael, you look like I imagined. Beardy and tall. Lori, you look so pretty and fresh and sweet as pictured as well.

That was great to see.

Michael and Lori, those are absolutely wonderful. The details are amazing. I especially love what you used for display; the camper,the bird house, the bread box particularly, and etc. Dh watched the video with me and now has some ideas for my own collection of miniature cast iron cook stoves.

Lori, you were right, the display DOES make others want to get into the hobby. Dh just enjoyed mine before, now he's getting involved. YEAH!

It was nice to get to 'meet' you both. Thank you for posting the links.

:bighug2:

How creative ! You used even a breadbox for a kitchen. I am amazed at all the teeny things you have found to put inside them, too. Things I would not think you could find in minature. Thanks for sharing !!

You are both very nice and friendly. Loved seeing these.

Hugs,

Violet

As far as the 'things' in the dollhouses, yes you can buy a lot of that stuff but I also like making things for them like the buildings, tables, cabinets, picnic table, Santa's Desk, etc. Also fun to find things around places that I can use in miniature like those plastic pizza cover savers, bead and jewelry findings, scrap wood, Popsicle sticks, tongue depressors, restaurant jelly containers, etc.

The bread Box was something I 'think' I saw in an old magazine but it was to show people at the dollhouse shows that you don't have to buy a house kit, just use what you can find to make a room box.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing the video. Great attention to detail. I loved how you made the nursery in the shape of a baby block. Awesome. :thumbs:

well........................

That one started out as a roombox and most times you just have a black box (like Emma's Kitchen and the old bathroom). But the black box with all white furniture just didn't look right so I thought WHAT would be good to have it in? Then it hit me - a baby's toy block, so I cut up wood and added the sides then I had to think of letters that I could make that were straight ? B, R, P was out so T,H,E,I was in! LOL

Michael and Lori,

Thank you so much for sharing this! What a wonderful collection! I think my favorite was also the child's room in the wooden block, but I loved the Thanksgiving meal being made in the breadbox too!

What a creative gift!

Archived