MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm Giving Up Soon!!!

Dee

17 pints of chicken and 3 pints of broth in the canner. I let it go for 10-15 mins. until steam starts coming out the vent hole. When I get ready to put the weight on there is NO weight ANYWHERE.

When I store the canner I put the weight in the lid. Last time I put it down inside the canner KNOWING I shouldn't but......

Yep, you guessed it! Underneath 20 pints of chicken and broth lay the weight. I had to take it all apart, get the weight out from underneath the rack, put the jars back in and begin again.

Life was sooooooooooooo much easier when I was first learning and paid attention to every little detail.:faint3:

Life was sooooooooooooo much easier when I was first learning and paid attention to every little detail.

:laughkick: Oh....Poor Dee! I know this feeling. So, :whistling: I'm not the only one who gets UPSET :motz_6: with inanimate objects??????? They sneak around and HIDE y'know!

Want to hear a REALLY bad one? In July when we had to bury BigDog....VERY hard to dig XXL hole in the Rocky Mts!!! [have since bought a PICK!] Had to hurry; Maui family was here; meeting them to eat..... FINALLY DONE...rolled her in with final farewell and was on my hands and knees shoving dirt/rock back into hole. :sad-smiley-012:

Took shower. Put on town clothes and transfered things from the dirty shorts to my jeans. My little green bag is MISSING! I don't carry 'purse'. Has Drivers License, other I.D., and enough money to be very concerned about. :o

We turned the place upside down....

Please PLEASE don't let me have buried it with BigDog!

Within an inch of resorting to grabbing the shovel, I found it had slid from the pile of stuff to transfer to my jeans. Just there on the floor in an awkward place to see it. WHEW and thank YOU, God! Beyond the work of digging again....it would have been rather a horror... :wacko:

Now if I'd have been paying attention to what I took outta my pockets in the first place.....

MtRider [ :canning: I'm skeered to do canning without supervision! ]

Edited by Mt_Rider

You guys are making me feel normal. :bow:

I went to take a shower some time ago and took my shorts off and then my undies. And there was a second pair of undies. Why I was wearing 2 pair is beyond me. How in the world can you put on the second pair and not notice you already have one pair on? It really makes ya feel strange.

Glad I wasn't in an accident that day.

You all are absolutely FUNNY! Had a friend tell me once that she took her contact lens out and could still see! She began jumping up and down praising God because she "was healed"...only to find out shortly that she had put a new lens over her older one. Phoooey!

With reading the responses I realize it was a minor miracle that it was actually in the bottom of the canner and not in "that black hole" somewhere. :cheer:

I am DONE with canning for the season. I will not read anymore ads and see things on sale that I just have to can a little more of. The mess is cleaned up, things are put away and will stay put away this time!

DH is combining corn and when he's finished with that and the rest of the field work we'll quietly await winter and hope for enough moisture to help alleviate some of this drought before starting in with farming and gardening next year.

Good-bye to the 2012 summer gardens from our little homestead! :bouquet:

Wasn't that pretty. I would have liked to hear more.

For those of you looking her name is Catherine Lewans and it's worth the look. Well, maybe not if you've never heard the awful yelling all we kids did in grain bins. :grinning-smiley-044:

Thanks lovinit

I still can't find the two batteries that go to the weed eater. I know exactly where I put them because they went with my other stored batteries. But they aren't there. I've looked for months. Finally son bought a gas weed eater but I can't operate that one. I can't start the gas ones. Those batteries cost $50.00 a piece too. It really is a mystery where they could be.

When I used to lose something and ask D-ex where it was he would say, "It's right where you left it." No kidding smart stuff...way to help. That would make me so mad. :motz_6:

• 2 weeks later...