MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

OK MTR, you're on report now~

Vic303

I have no idea HOW to post pics. The last time I knew, it was about 3 'board formats' ago. :shrug:

...and I have to have some fast action photos cuz I swear she's grown an inch in her legs this past week. Weighed her on week ago at Darlene's... 13.5# This morning: 19# :o She's trying to gain back what was lost to illness but whooooeeee. Good thing she's beginning to understand about walking to the back door by herself...cuz she's getting HEAVY!

MtRider [i'll try to figure out something cuz she'd a cutie!!! :wub: ]

Oh yea, Wormie!!!! Ya'all don't know Wormie fell for her too! :wub:

Yep, that's my baby.... :unsure: ....except that last pic is Sox, not Koa. See the knee-high white sock? Koa's has a "muddy" paw....grey markings, on that foot. But the first two pics are classic Koa.

ALL of the pups are just so adorable! We fought hard to save them from this 'bug' that snuck up on them. All are doing well now. Whew! So many at the Gathering helped to give them meds and fluids, etc. The pups were NOT appreciating that tender care at the time, however! ;)

MomM and all the rest who saw Koa so ill and droopy...I just have to tell you about her now! I have a 10X20' chain link enclosure. It is now her playpen. There are old bales from my experiment in haybale gardening in there. Also this and that: sticks, rocks, chunk of wood, and a liter soda bottle. One leftover WhiteBone from my late BigDog. It is with such joy that my formerly weak, little Koa now tears around that area, snorting her nose into the mysterious cracks between the bales [like she's discovering a cave]...digging a hole [DH informed her that it was no where deep enough to reach China YET....throwing pinecones around with her mouth. Trying valiantly to acheive the top of the mountain ...hay bales. Tugging on the burlap I used on the bales. And most of all, playing soccer by herself or with me. Our 'soccer ball' is the air-filled soda bottle which is too wide/slick for her to get her teeth into. So it continuously squirts out of her mouth and the chase is on. I tap it ahead with my foot and we catch up to see who can get control of the 'slippery' thing. She's discovered the key is to grab the cap end. Then she trots around with it and flops down to chew it for a while. She also chases her tail and topples over in the effort as many times as not. She's still quite puppy-floppity. :laughkick:

After only 20 or 30 minutes in the playpen, she's definitely ready for a nap. I have to carry her up to our second floor house. Only the back potty yard is on ground level [cabin built into the steep hill]. She'll need to learn to come up those long steps soon or I'll get a bosun's chair. :0327:

I just wanted all of you to know what a transformation we're finally seeing in her. I think sometimes she misses her sisters/mom [and Auntie Darlene] but most of the time she's quite involved in doing new puppy things and being adored by DH and I and then sleeping/eating.

Whew! Glad Wormie had some pics.... So am I off the hook now, Vic???? :hidingsmile:

added: Daylily, Darlene breeds Kangal dogs; a Lifestock Guardian Breed from Turkey!

MtRider [swore off puppies decades ago but....THIS ONE is an exception!!! :hapydancsmil: ]

Edited by Mt_Rider
answer Daylily

Whooohooo....I was able to transfer those GREAT pics to my desktop. I want prints of those! [thanks Wormie!]

AND she managed to climb our long stairs tonite. They aren't easy steps - open kind. But I was next to her. It's a start. Yeah Lovinit, BigDog used to PULL when I asked her to help me with the propulsion of climbing those steps! :imoksmiley:

MtRider :happy0203:

Edited by Mt_Rider
fix smilie...er, 'smilley' lol

:blink: Good thing I already know how to fit a 140# dog into a 624 sq ft house.

Just imagine this summer: DH, Me, DD1, DD2, SIL, Grsons 9 & 6, and BigDog sprawled out in the middle...PLUS cooking supper/eating/playing games/etc. In living room/kitchen HALF of 624 sq ft... :wub: adaptability is the most important trait of survival! :happy0203:

MtRider :laughkick:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Yes...fitting larger dogs into small spaces is truly an adjustment! Abby's 70# now and we live in about 950 sq.ft. of living space and a back yard that's about the same size (we've got a large kennel for her). MM decked her kennel out with small tubings of pvcc pipe (it bends easily) in a "canastoga" type thing and then we tarp over the top to keep her and her dog house dry if she'd happen to be in her kennel while we were gone. Can't wait to see some more pics of your big puppy! I've had some good responses to my questions on "raising Abby" and have to admit, when they're so big it's easy to forget they're still just puppies.