MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Could Go Wrong?

Jeepers

I had to retire my old work shoes today. They were horrible looking. The next pair down look like new but they aren't. Only problem with them is the toe at the bottom of one shoe is coming loose from the top and was starting to flap. You could hear me coming down the hall and it was becoming a tripping hazard. Of course my shoe goo is in Indy. I went to Wal-Mart and all they had was super glue.  No problem.  :rolleyes:   

I have meds to pick up over there so I stopped off at the house to fix the shoe first. I got the tube open and started gluing the shoe. I don't know what happened next. I felt something burning. I didn't know super glue would burn the skin. Only for a minute but panic set in. For a few seconds I didn't know what to do. It says to soak your hands in water to loosen the glue. I'm at a house with no water! I grabbed a baby wipe and started wiping my hands. They are sort of wet...and fuzzy. At least the generic (not Pampers) ones are. They also act like a sponge to trap soap glue inside of them. By the time I got finished, both hands were stuck to a fuzzy baby wipe laden with super glue.  :grinning-smiley-044:

Then my leg started to burn. How in the world I got that glue on my leg is a mystery to me. Fortunately, the burning only last for a short time. Both hands were glued to a baby wipe and I'm not sure what to do. I got another baby wipe and tried to pick off the original one. The glue was stating to set and pulling on it hurt. All I could think of was to not touch my face! Do not go near the eyes 

Then I remembered the shoe. I need to apply some sort of pressure to the toe so the flap will stick to the top. I hadn't come this far to still be a flapper. Hands are useless so I figured I just step on it while trying to get my hands free of the baby wipe. The glue must have seeped out from the sides of the toe while I stood on it. I glued the shoe to the carpet. I pulled on it and it stood straight up on its toe, on the carpet. :008Laughing:

I finally got it pulled off but some of the carpet came with it. The shoe looks like it has antennae growing out of the toe. I'm going to have to shave my shoe tonight. 

After 5 hours, the glue is starting to peel off of my skin. Will pick up meds tomorrow I suppose.

Crimony, I need a nanny. Or at least adult supervision.  :24: 

Fuzzy Fingers                                                                                  Hairy Palm :D

image.jpeg       image.jpeg

Little Miss Tippy-Toes                                                                      I Got Feelers 

image.jpeg       image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Only Jeepers!  ,!!   Or maybe me…:laughkick:  Thanks for the comic relief.  I was laughing too hard to even read this to DH.  He’s had some tough times lately and it even got a chuckle out of him.  :sSig_thankyou:

• Like 5

Miki, if you would have been there we would probably still be stuck together. :grinning-smiley-044:

Littlesister, oh heck no. I went through too much to get rid of those beauties. I'm gonna wear the rest of the soles right off of them. As soon as I get them all pruned back that is. It was hard to do anything with my hands glued together with a baby wipe. I did manage pictures. I wasn't going to leave without pictures. 

Mother, so glad it brought a smile to hubbies face! :hug3:  I went from a 'dear in the headlight' look to laughing out loud at that shoe standing straight up. I can't believe some of the messes I get into. I glued my hands to a baby wipe. And I actually glued my shoe to the carpet. Dang.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I am still laughing but I to have been there minus the baby wipe. I had a pair of tennis shoes that did that several years ago. Glue will only hold for so long Jeepers. Hope it works for you longer than it did me.  You just know how to make it so comical when you do it. If you had another pair of shoes with you, that shoe could have stood at attention with a note that said this is going where the sun don't shine if my house isn't finished soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Brlycreem, a little dab will do ya.... (something something something)

They'll love to run their fingers through your hair.

If they blow out again I'm done with them. There were two tubes in the package. There was a gorilla on the package. It will be a cold day in Hades before I use the other tube. I'm just not mature enough to use super glue. I'm sticking with paste.    

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Littlesister said:

You just know how to make it so comical when you do it.

What LS said!  ^   I have encouraged a lot of people to write, Jeepers, but seriously, I believe you should be writing a book.  You have a wonderful humorous way of looking at life’s events and if you even just went back through your posts on Mrs S and compiled them into a book it would be a best seller.  You teach us all that life can be really difficult but humor soothes the rough spots and that when life gives you lemons you make lemonade.  From the depths of my ❤️ I thank you for those lessons.  :hug3:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Aw, thank you for the kind words ladies.  :grouphug:

I don't think I have a book in me. Not about funny stuff. I have zero imagination! I only post here about stuff that really happens and my life isn't that interesting to write an entire book about. Just tidbits here and there as they happen. I do come from a funny family though. We all have the same odd sense of humor. Son has it too. 

If I were to ever write a book it would have to be a dry non-fiction one. Thinking about it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

:008Laughing:    :laughkick:    :24:

Well my Shoe Goo story wasn't half so interesting.  Course it was labeled 'Shoe Goo'.  I wear Crocs as much as possible.  I don't like tight [what others call "fitted well"] footwear.  Slip on and off.  So I have this indoor pair that I've worn right thru the bottom under the heel.  Tried duct tape but it just gummed up and picked up dirt.  While I appreciated the dust collection from the carpet, I needed better.  Armed with an ice-cream wooden stick and the tube....outside....I globbed and spread til I had filled in across the 3/4" hole.  Let that dry for a day.  It was kinda rough texture but you could mold it around a bit.   I put another layer on the next day.  That was a little smoother cuz I squeezed more out.  Let that dry/set up.  And now I'm wearing them again.  I'll see how durable Shoe Goo is with my scuff-heel walking.  :shrug:   

I wouldn't be brave enough to mess with superglue too often.  :grinning-smiley-044:   

Isopropal Alcohol might break down the Superglue?  But...that should be what was in the hand sanitizing cloth.  Well, I used a bit of 90% alcohol and it cut the little shoe glue I had on my hands...despite having wooden sticks to smear/mold at the ready. 

MtRider  ...sheeesh, trying not to bust out laughing and wake DH!   :coffeescreen:   (his sense of humor dwindles after :offtobed::whistling:  

• Like 4