MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello Everyone!

Nichole

Hi! My name is Nichole, I am 23 and from Indiana. I live on 40 acres with my Dad, Mom, 2 sisters, brother, and my fiance. My fiance and I have a trailer near my parents home. The wedding is in June. I am going to a community college for a degree in business management. (all online classes, right now I should really be reading some homework ;)

I am also the Nightstock manager at the local grocery store. So I work weird hours. But knowing every sale that goes on, plus an employee discount really helps with my food preps!

I have always felt a calling to be the one to prepare for the unknown for the rest of my family. They understand but don't put the time into it like I do. My mom thinks it's a calling from God. I agree. I have always (from the time I was 13 or so) felt like we need to be living as simply as possible and have basic knowledge to live if the way we currently live was suddenly impossible to live.

I love to garden, can, dry foods, etc. Previously we had goats that we milked. I really want to get back into them. This year is gonna be the first year we butcher a few chickens, and I also would really like to get some meat rabbits. We have 8 horses. Before I worked at the grocery store I trained horses and gave riding lessons. Welll, that's all I can think of for now. I am really looking forward to getting to know some of you! I have been wanting to find a place where I could talk to other women about survival preps and homesteading issues.

Nichole

:welcome4: Hello, Nichole. So nice to have you on Mrssurvival. I am alot older than you, but maybe not any wiser. You sound like a very sensible young lady. I believe that we do need to prep for the future. Only the Lord knows what tomorrow holds for us as individuals and as a nation. I admire your desire to be watchful not only for yourself but your family, too! God bless you in your quest.

Anne

:woohoo: Another Hoosier!!! :woohoo:

:happy0203:

Welcome, Nichole... if there's anything you want to find and the search button doesn't help, just ask. We have so much information here and lots of treasures safely tucked away, and it can be intimidating. So just ask and we can help you find what you want.

And do you know how rare you are... a 23-yo who can can??? :bouquet:

Welcome Nichole, so glad you are here! Congratulaitons on your upcoming wedding! This is a great site, and no questions are "dumb". So, if you need some info and can't find it, ask.

Archived