MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Surgery & no pain...for now

Vic303

Well I had my knee surgery. Luckily it was NOTHING like Darlene's! Just arthroscopy to get rid of some meniscus damage in the knee. But I figured it was better to do it NOW before it got worse.

Right now, the worst (most painful) thing is the headache I have! The pain meds onboard for the knee are pretty good...tomorrow it will be another story!

All for now--the meds are kicking in and I am sleepy!

--Vic

When I had my meniscus "scraping" a few years back, I was shocked at how little pain I had. I was calling my manager and begging to be allowed to come back to work within a few days, but the doctor would not sign off until 10 days!!! I suppose that if I had more sick leave saved up, I would not have minded so much. whistling

Glad you got it over with.

Hey! I've had arthroscopic surgery too! I've had it all when it comes to the knees! lol

You just take care of yourself and take it easy, and don't forget to get your PT!

I'm glad you are doing so well.

A friend of mine had knee replacement surgery nearly 2 weeks ago and the pain is still awful. I have a feeling he won't return to get his other knee done after all the trouble and pain he's had.

Well I slept great last night--kids are stying with friends for two days, so no middle-of-the-night interruptions from 3-4-5yr olds! Knee is tender today but not bad. Flexing it is not painful, but weightbearing is a bit sore. I'm lucky in that I am 'permitted' to put some weight on it. wink

--Vic

I also had that surgery and they also had to make an additional incision. Just be careful about over doing it. I thought I was out of the woods a couple months later and had a day where I was standing on my feet all day at work. My ankle swelled up so bad that it was about 2 inches over my shoe. smile I hope you have a quick recovery!

I appreciate all the prayers my friends! DH & I got outta the house for a bit today--he's sooooo sweet taking care of me! I love it! He even held an umbrella over me as I crutched into the car & house during the latest downpour! He even voluntarily slept on the couch last night so he wouldn't bump my leg in the night in bed.

I love him!

--Vic

Did without the vicodin last night, and took naproxen instead to try to reduce some swelling. Seems to have worked, and the knee is feeling better/more flexible today. Can get around carefully without a cane/crutch.

Yep...Saturday afternoon they returned home. They had more fun than they knew what to do with, so I was pleased. They also reportedly behaved well.

I am still feeling rather worn out though...

Archived