MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

BOOK-o-holic! ADMIT YOUR ADDICTION!

cookiejar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Mt_Rider

Rootdigger, can you post some specifics in Within These Pages (for the techno-impaired) on how-which-where you use the electonic device for BOOKS! Please? I've been trying to find this out for a while now. Which electronic device will hold lotsa books. Even audio...cool! Where you get the books to download, etc. I know there are sites for free downloads.

'Course then I'd have to stash this fully loaded electronic device in my Faraday Box in case of EMP Horrors...looooose all those books! eek

MtRider [i have to read this thread to my mother. I got the genes from her!

I will try to do something about that this weekend. I am not online long enough during the week. But I warn you, I really am not that savvy. My son helps me over the humps! (I used to know it all, but that changed somehow! grin)

*Ahem*

If you've ever read a book so many times you've worn the cover or pages out of a book and decided to order a newer copy. (But went ahead and taped/glued/sewed it back together and stuck it on a back shelf...just in case).

If it causes physical twinges to let some books *go*.

If you've gone online looking for hints or clues to the rest of the series.

If you've pined after the end of a series.

If you require strategically placed books for structure in your homelife (I believe a few people have *admitted* to this here).

If you've ever wanted to shout out in the theater,"That's not what happens!!!" at the Movie version of a Book.

If you fear seeing a movie based on a book, because they always get things wrong.

you all are great!!! I've never met anyone as obsessed with books/reading as I am! it is really wonderful to find out that I'm not the only one! smile Currently we have 3 5-shelf bookcases full, 1 3-shelf bookcase full, 3 shelves in the children's room that are about 5 feet long full of children's books, about 4 or 5 rubbermaid bins (the 18 gallon ones) full of antique books (pre 1940 with most being pre 1930, I even have some from the 1800s!!!), about 2 bins full of school related items (books to use for homeschooling), and about 2 bins full of fictional reading books. oh, and we have another bin full of children's books that wouldn't fit on the shelves. I think that's it at the moment. I absolutely love buying books from yard/garage sales (especially if I think the people are going to throw them away), so our collection has gotten a little out of hand. (and I'm sure it'll only get worse!) luckily my husband doesn't mind,although he did say that we're going to have to find a place to put the books before we get anymore. lol. smile

Hmm... the removalist looked and said you have books, ... there are more books! ... and more books? ... more books ... and more books. Then I told him I had given several boxes of books away ... ok I love books!

• 2 months later...

*ahem*

If books are a major prep item

If you gain a new shelf and you have to consider whether to fill it with books or prep foods (both! Can't we do both???)

If you regularly go to www.Half.com, www.paperbackswap.com or amazon books just to *look*

If you have strategic library areas you consider *yours*

Alright, along with Dee, I admit my addiction.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

happy02

Oh this is wonderful. I was just thinking this morning that one can never have too many books and in turn, too many bookcases! I'm in need of another bookcase (or more than one wouldn't hurt) and I've got a pretty big book order I'm waiting on that should come in today and I just can't wait!

Oh, I've got one! You might be a BOOK-o-holic if you trust someone to watch your kid(s) for a couple of days while you go out of town but, hesitate to loan them the only copy you have of one of your favorite books because you're afraid they won't take care of it properly. NOT that I'VE ever done that! whistlingrofl

You might be a bookaholic if you have credit at several different used book stores of over 100 dollars, and they know you by name.

You might be a bookaholic if you have an online book swap and your wish list is over 300 books long.

You might be a bookaholic if you have a book case or four in every room of the house...including the tiny kitchen.

Originally Posted By: RusticOkie
Originally Posted By: cookiejar
Oh no! Three more addicts!!

rofl

If you can name the main chracters out of 10 different series

(Name 5 Stephanie Plum characters!)

Oh I only have to name 1--Ranger...Mmmmmm

Mmmmmmmm Rangerrrrr...

I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

Oh Books!

Oh my...yes..we are bookaholics here. Every bookcase is crammed. I joined a swap so I don't keep bringing them in...but switch them out. But a used bookstore just opened 2 miles from my house! The owner knows us already !!

I "love" books. They are spilling out of my shelves, I can't remember how many bookshelves we have(three in our office,alone).I have a few hundred cookbooks. I,d rather read a book than listen to the same book on tape.And I havee boxes and boxes of books that I haven't found shelves for yet. It,s kind of an addiction ,alright.

I'm really bad about checking out Goodwill weekly (at least) for books. I can get them for pennies and have found some of my greatest book finds there. Went today as a matter of fact! Found a large family medical reference book, about three pattern books and one for the kids.

Book addict? Not me I can put down a book anytime I want to. Just because I own all 6 of the original Dune and the Hitch Hiker Guide to the Gallaxy and several Stephen Kings doesn't mean I am addicted; however, when my DW cleans a shelf off that means I get to empty a box of books. I will say that are no books in my collection that I haven't read.

Archived