MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

House of 7 Plagues

Vic303

Ah...after a near-sleepless night of awakenings by Monkeys & one mutt, I got up to find I am suddenly trapped in the House of 7 Plagues. (there are 7 of us here, counting the mutts)

All 3 Monkeys have fevers, 2 have deep rattling coughs that are sure to gift ME with the lung crud I so desperately try to avoid each year. Somehow I suspect I won't be that lucky, despite hand sanitizer and N95 masks.

Oh, and one mutt is on antibiotics for a stapf infection...

--Vic the doomed

sofa

praying that the mom stays healthy ....gotta hold down the fort! And that all including dog are well soon.

Had Monkey #3 recovered from tonsil thing before getting this? She's having a rough month! fever

MtRider

And the Plague worsens...DH now feels terrible this morning. #2 has a rattly cough, #3 is sounding better (no fever), and #1 Monkey is fevered & coughing now. Dog#2 is improving on his meds, Dog#1 is fine, and I am holding on tooth & nail to my meager health!

hang in vic my 11 month old only had the fever from 101 to 102 for 3 days and by God's grace none of my other kids got it. my nephew is home sick with fever and chills and puking. i am now praying it stays with him and stops with him. you are in my prayers when mom gets sick everything falls a part. praying our family gets better soon. my doctor says it should only run for 3 days.

I pray you all get healthy quickly - though I must interject that usually puking passes pretty quickly. This season, I've seen / heard of respiratory illnesses really hanging on and on and on (and on). Hope y'all don't get that variety!

I'd give you a bighug but I don't want your cooties! rofl

Well, friends, I thought I was doomed today...I awoke from sleeping on the couch (to avoid DH's germs)and felt whacked. Felt whacked all morning up to lunch when DH came in, and I finally copped a brief nap on the couch while he was here. Felt better after that.

Not sure if I am couching again tonight or will risk bed, but DH is feeling better after a long hot soak in the tub.

I might try a glass of wine--mostly it has been sugarfree gatorade or water, and lots of soup.

--Vic

(monkeys are improving but have wet yucky sounding coughs.)

I hope everyone here is feeling better!

Five minutes ago I started feeling queasy and my face feels hot. Only my face so far. My nose is a little stuffy and my head hurts so bad it feels like it is going to come off of it's hinges.

I've had a flu shot and haven't been away from the house in days so I don't know where I could have got it. I hope it's just a 24 hour thing because I'm supposed to make a big pot of chili for Superbowl Sunday.

The thought of chili now makes me feel -----------> ewww

Well, DH is mostly fine now, except for a sore throat. Monkeys 2 & 3 are doing pretty well, though #2 has been fussy and whiny. #1 has a bad cough and looks still like she does not feel well--it's the eyes...ya know. Me? I am back on the ragged edge of healthy. Throat not so sore, not suffering the typical bronchitis hack, and sinus drainage is mostly controlled. Sleep helps a LOT! It's nice to actually get some too.

Hope everyone feels better soon, Vic. It's bad enough having several kids down all at once, but when the parents get it at the same time...ouch.

Take care...

DH got the variety with 24 hrs of raging fever...NOT a happy camper.. fever

But then felt "better" the next day

and declared himself "not dead" the 3rd day (today) ...and he'd just come home from BOTH jobs so no sleep for 26 hrs..... He's been snoring in there all day so that's gotta help.

'

Hope you all who 'got it' are getting sleep and taking liquids bighug

MtRider sofa

Update: I was right... Monkey1 was sick. Puked 3x today, and ran a fever (not excessive though) all day. By evening was able to hold down rice & applesauce & fishcrackers, and diluted gatorade.

Nah, MTR, hiding behind the sofa never works for me! Oh well...

I've spent the last 36 hours in bed with body aches (the bottom of my feet even hurt!), fever,sore throat and a bad upper respiratory infection. Just miserable! I can't believe how tired I am still....

Where is my can of lysol. Those germs are not coming through this screen that is for sure. You guys keep those pukie bugs there. When it comes to stomach stuff I am a big wuss. Blood-guts hey no problem. Let someone clear throat and I am turning a nice shade of puke green ewww Hubby and I had a deal I do the poopy diapers and he cleans up the puke. My diaper days are over hehehehehehehe but guess what he still has puke duty rofl

Archived