MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Greetings from Upstate NY

Tracie

Thank you for letting me join the fun! I am new to this forum, but not new to forums in general.

I'm 41, mom to a beautiful 7 year old boy and wife to one big, sweet geek.

I first learned about preparedness back in the 1990's, when I lived on the west coast and had a number of Mormon friends and neighbors. So when my husband came up to me a few weeks ago and asked how I felt about buying "a bunch of wheat" with some money we had just come in to, I knew just what to do. I placed an order for a year's supply of grains and beans from the wonderful people at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and am now working on filling out our food storage.

I am looking forward to getting to know you ladies, learning some and sharing some.

thanks

Tracie

Hello! I am new too, but have learned so much from this site. In fact, I am about to learn something else new...you mentioned you ordered beans and grains through LDS -- do you have to be Mormon or somehow related to order through them?

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Laura - I am not a member of the LDS church. I just ordered online and they delivered my storage. No questions asked. Here's a link to the storage. The prices are *excellent*, the food was *extremely* fresh (all canned in May or June 2008!!) and the shipping is included in the price. It came via FedEx home delivery about 1 week after I ordered it.

http://www.ldscatalog.com/webapp/wcs/sto...mp;cg4=&cg5

This LDS site has a food storage calculator which helped me determine how much to order for my family of 3 to keep us alive for a year. http://providentliving.org/channel/0,11677,1706-1,00.html (5 lbs beans and 25 lbs grains per person per month).

I am working on expanding a 3-6 month rotating supply of the regular foods we eat on a daily basis. For my long-term storage my next goal is dried milk and sugar.

Originally Posted By: NYDebbie
Hello!

I live near Rochester, by board standards we're almost neighbors! Welcome to MrsS, the people here are wonderful.

Yes Welcome !

and by the way if you are looking from your home to NYDebbie home all you have to do is look to the East a bit and there we are. We live in Wayne County, New York, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy. . . . .

Hi Tracie,

Glad to have you here with us! welcome4 Regarding the ordering, I think Emergency Essentials may be related to the Mormon Community in regards to ordering for prepardness. I love ordering through them.

www.beprepared.com

• 3 weeks later...

Archived