MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Something to think about.

Peg

The reason I'm posting this is because I want everyone to think about this. Yesterday, 9/11/08, my ambulance pager went off. It was to the local clinic for "possible domestic violence". What happened was tough to take. My cousin and her mother where shot by the cousin's boyfriend. Sarah, my cousin, was life flighted to a very good trauma center with a bullet in her brain, but alive for now. Her mother was murdered. Apparently Sarah and her boyfriend had been having problems and she moved back homw with her mom. The boyfriend went to the house (9/10) and shot both of them leaving them for dead. By the grace of God, Sarah found the strength to walk from the house to the road and someone gave her a ride to the clinic. If you or someone you know is in a violent relationship PLEASE, PLEASE get help.

Thanks

Peg

I read this last night and could not stop thinking about it, even this morning. How horrific to have gone through this, how you must be aching in that this is family to you...

But your advice could be the only prepping that someone gets done in their life, and that would be to ensure personal safety/security. Because if they are not, all the "preps" in the world aren't going to help...

My neice is in a situation like this.We have done everything we could to get her out.They live with his mom and in her eyes he can do no wrong.He hasn't worked in four years.His mom pays all his bills including child support and keeps him in beer.My neice is not a child she is 42 years old.The bruises are the hardst to take,last time they were because she walked in front of the tv while he was watching it.Her answer has become "why leave,I will just go back" the only thing we can do is pray.

Well, I went to a very sad funeral today. But my cousin Sarah is getting better every day. Her dad said she is still under sedation, however, she can respond to questions by nodding or squeezing hands. He also said she will probably never see out of her right eye due to bone fragments damaging her optic nerve. She is still in ICU but they are letting her have visitors. Thank you all for the prayers our family appreciates them very much.

Archived