MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm Home

OldMaineBear

I'm home from 4 days in the hospital. Feeling ever so much better. Thanks for all the messages I got and I just finished answering them all.

On Wednesday I woke up and told my wife I needed to get to the hospital. Now if you knew me, that alone was a clear indication of how bad I felt. We made the 100 mile trip and when I got there, there was no doubt in anybody's mind that I was not going to stay. After EKG's EchoCardiograms and X-Rays I found myself in a room and piped up and wired in with stuff flowing in and data flying out.

I had something called PCA's going on with the heart rhythm. Heart is OK and no damage. Most of this was due to fluids built up and the effect of one pain med that causes this problem in only 1% of users. Well I guess someone has to represent that 1% and it was me. Off that med and by the thrid day rhythm was nearly back to regular.

The fluid buildup was a recurrence of the Congestive Heart Failure that hit me a few years back. I got put on IV Lasix and by the end of the third day had eliminated about 20+ pounds of fluid from my system.

For the first two days I was alone in the room. It was hard to sleep in that bed. My back got to hurting bad from the lousy designed bed. Wonderful piece of equipment and does everything for you except give you a comfortable place to sleep. Then I got a roomie. Nice guy, but his snores were like a chainsaw. The nurses felt bad for me and gave me earplugs that only lessened the din a little. He had been flown in from a long way away and I asked if his family was going to visit him. He said his wife wasn't going to make the trip and I understood why after that first night. She was enjoying a good night's quiet sleep.

I felt much better on the fourth day and campaigned hard to come home and won., I think they knew I was going to run anyway so they let me go.

Missed you all and am glad to be back and a lot healthier. Still have to be careful, but now I know more about what was going on.

OMB

... I found myself in a room and piped up and wired in with stuff flowing in and data flying out.

Reminds me of final exams in college! Coffee in...brain cells out...lol

Glad your ticker checked out OK with no damage!!!! I'm so glad you're back home with us.

OMB, you gave me my first laugh of today. So, your roomie's wife needed a good nights sleep? How funny!

I was so worried about you and had determined to call you today if we didn't hear from you. You made it under the wire.

That is wonderful that you paid attention to the signals that your body was giving you! Well Done! Welcome Back!!

:hug3:

(((OMB))) You take real good care of yourself. Please know that we are thinking of you and your DW as well. We miss you when you are gone.

:bighug2:

Archived