MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi Everyone!

Jennysmama

I know I haven't been on here in quite a while, but I wanted to stop by and say hello--and tell you all how much I appreciate the prayers and the wonderful quilt you sent! Thanks particularly to Stephanie for keeping everyone updated for me, and to MomM for the lovely work on the quilt. When I take it to the cancer center, it gets lots of attention from people (including the nurses) who ooh and ahh over how pretty it is and how uplifting it is to see everyone's encouraging words and Scriptures. Thank you all again!

I'm at the end of a break from chemo, so not feeling too bad today. Tomorrow I start cycle #3. My blood counts are all holding within normal limits so far, except for my platelets, which have nosedived in the past week. After I've been in treatment for a while longer, they'll test my tumor markers again so we can see if this chemo protocol is working. I feel that it is, since the horrendous pain I was having in my back & ribs has eased greatly and I do actually feel stronger now than before my diagnosis in January.

Finding out that the cancer is back, and that I'm now stage IV, was quite a shock, but we've all adjusted as well as can be expected and are trusting that God is still in the healing business. Both of my chemo nurses are wonderful Christian women and I love them! And of course, as when I was in treatment back in 2005-06, I get to meet lots of other people and I pray I can be an effective witness to them, as well as offer them encouragement in their journey.

Well, I just wanted to check in and give you all a first-hand update. And by the way, I LOVE what you've done with the place since I've been gone. I chose the spring format and it's so cheerful and pretty. Great job!

Love & big hugs,

Loretta (Jennysmama)

(((((Loretta)))))

It is sooooo wonderful to see you here and to get a first hand report! :hug3:

I hope that you will be able to pop in now and then. Once you get the hang of it, the new 'place' has so many bells and whistles. We can each have our own blogs for one thing, which is so cool. We also have a recipe program that is going to be wonderful for organizing all the great recipes folks share.

Jenny has grown into such a beauty! Inside and out!! Tell her hello from all of us and you keep on getting better!! PTL!!

Archived