MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Howdy from texas

cowgirl8

Thanks for letting me in. Howdy to all. :D

My name is Linda, i live in NE Texas on a cattle ranch. My full time job is being a cowgirl. I've got a great husband of 29 years. We have 4 grown kids who live near home base. I do have one still at home, son 18. He just finished fire school and paramedic school. He plans to be a fireman somewhere bigger, our town only has volunteers, which both son and husband volunteer. My oldest daughter is a FFA teacher, second daughter is a jailer officer, third daughter is in college to be a science teacher.

I'm here to chat with other on gardening, canning, etc etc.

:welcome: Glad you joined. You all sound like great folks. I look forward to learning things from you and hope you will ask questions and such about whatever you may have curiosity or need for here. Mrs S is a great site!

Hi cowgirl8! You welcomed me, so now I'm welcoming you back. I've traveled through NE TX area when we'd go through AK to my grandparents in AL (Daddy got nervous about traveling through LA :shrug: ) My parents now live north of Waco, so that's sort of near you I guess.

Are your cattle for beef, milk or both?

Beef, we also have a pine tree plantation.

Waco is pretty far from me, about 3 hours southwest. I'm between Paris and Mt Pleasant, and about 30 miles from the Red river.

You just never know about them cajuns, listen to your daddy.... :behindsofa::sHa_sarcasticlol:

Hi Cowgirl8, welcome on board.

Welcome, Tex :happy0203:

we're just a smidge south of ya'll- between Tyler and Athens.

you're in Bo Pilgrim country- I love the statue outside the factory- of him sitting on a bench with his arm around a chicken, both gazing at the plant :24:

'course, the giant head on the roof of their shelter is sorta disturbing... :buttercup:

Lotta Texans in here..... :thumbs:

Speaking of Bo.....I just tagged along with OH on a trip to Naples for tractor parts. On the way back we stopped at walmart in Mt Pleasant. I don't usually like that walmart, I prefer the one in Paris which is about 10 miles closer to me. And don't get me wrong, but the reason I didn't like the MP one was because of the number of migrant workers. It was like stepping off into a different country. Walmart catered to them, employees, food and clothing wise. Not only that, but it was very dirty and messy. There's a Hispanic grocery store there also in MP, we went to it once. First off, you had to dodge all the gum spit out at the doorway. I later saw on yahoo news that Mexico city has ban gum chewing or something like that due to all the gum littering the walkways, whats up with that.... :shakinghead: Not that there isn't normally gum around on the ground, but I'm not kiddin, it was alike a solid mat of gum from the car to the inside of the store, it was crazy. Then the comments the men made, I was with my oldest daughter and we had to flee that store, good thing the gum didn't catch us like a sticky trap(hum, maybe that's the reason for the gum).

Anywho, I didn't notice at first but when my husband got there, he said, what is different about this store. I couldn't answer, he then said, look around. Everyone was white. Not only that, but they had redone the whole store and took out most Mexican type products, but not just Mexican, they took out most varieties. Like at the walmart in Paris, a whole row is dedicated to coffee. Theirs was narrowed down to maybe a 8th of a row on one side.

For those reading who don't know, Mt Pleasant has Pilgrims Pride chicken plants. They employ a lot of illegals. I heard the place was raiding a while back and over 300 workers were deported. We have a neighbor who works there and she says they are fighting from going bankrupt. After seeing what I did today, Pilgrims must have laid off a lot of people. MP is a big city, but it was way over crowded with all the migrant workers there. Now, its a very clean pleasant town....hope it stays that way.

Walmart catered to them, employees, food and clothing wise. Not only that, but it was very dirty and messy. There's a Hispanic grocery store there also in MP, we went to it once. First off, you had to dodge all the gum spit out at the doorway. I later saw on yahoo news that Mexico city has ban gum chewing or something like that due to all the gum littering the walkways, whats up with that.... :shakinghead:

[...]

For those reading who don't know, Mt Pleasant has Pilgrims Pride chicken plants. They employ a lot of illegals. I heard the place was raiding a while back and over 300 workers were deported. We have a neighbor who works there and she says they are fighting from going bankrupt. After seeing what I did today, Pilgrims must have laid off a lot of people. MP is a big city, but it was way over crowded with all the migrant workers there. Now, its a very clean pleasant town....hope it stays that way.

There's a fairly large percentage of Hispanics in my area, but luckily I haven't run into the gummed up doors anywhere, EWW! Our closest WM is affected by that percentage, but not nearly as bad as that WM you described, thank goodness. My main complaint is that they walk in groups across the aisles without making their group more narrow when someone needs to pass, and their kids can get a bit wild sometimes.

RE: Chicken factories and illegals: I know someone quite well that lost their job pretty soon after seeing their boss pickup quite a few Hispanics that couldn't speak English, and took them out for a few hours, then returned with a bunch of new paperwork. This was just a while after this large company had been in the news for being busted, but then weren't guilty of fined of course. I hope that made sense, because the conspiracy theories about them makes me cautious about what I say/write in public :whistling:

without making their group more narrow when someone needs to pass, and their kids can get a bit wild sometimes.

RE: Chicken factories and illegals: I know someone quite well that lost their job pretty soon after seeing their boss pickup quite a few Hispanics that couldn't speak English, and took them out for a few hours, then returned with a bunch of new paperwork. This was just a while after this large company had been in the news for being busted, but then weren't guilty of fined of course. I hope that made sense, because the conspiracy theories about them makes me cautious about what I say/write in public :whistling:

You make me ask????? Do you have a problem with Hispanics in general or just illegals????? I hope you realize that the hispanic population it going to outnumber the white population before long!

Archived