MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pray

Jewlzm

A little birdie told me my MrsS family was praying. Here's a copy of what I've been posting on the web (written yesterday), as I can get to the boards, emails, etc. It has been a trying time for my family. Thank you all for your prayers.

Hi all! Some of you know, some of you don't, the reason I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. January 23rd, just 3 days after the "anniversary" of my Grandma's passing, my Mum called me to let me know my brother was in the hospital. He has had cerebral palsy since infancy, maybe since birth. My Mum told me it was "very bad this time." I'm going to copy what I had posted on Facebook for a few days, so I don't have to type it all back up (for those unfamiliar with facebook, the snippets follow "your name" so it makes a complete sentence, LOL). Of course some of it doesn't make sense anyway, now that I look back on it, but I was a mess, as I'm sure you can understand. We got the call on Sat, but I couldn't tell the boys for a couple reasons. Keenan's party was on the 24th & I didn't want that on their hearts. It was so difficult for me to hold a smile for more than 24 hours. Plus since he's been in the hospital before, I didn't want to tell them & then he be ok, and I had told them for "no reason." I knew Sunday morning that his passing was almost going to be unavoidable, and I still could not tell them yet. We did our day, had his party, I didn't go to church so that if my parents called, I'd have the phone. After everyone left, we had dinner. I wanted them to eat before we told them. Hubba & I knew we were leaving Monday first thing, so I was packing a few things on the sly, but couldn't REALLY pack until after we told the boys.

1/23-

covets your prayers for God's will. My brother (who has CP) in in CCU. He went into cardiac arrest, died on the table & they brought him back. If he dies again, they'll bring him back, but if it hapens a 3rd time, my parents will let him go, as they realise it's meant to be. She said it's REALLY bad this time.

1/24

CAT scan-little to no brain activity. Otherwise he's the same. We're printing lists, catching up on ALL laundry, getting things together....just in case. The boys ONLY know he's in the hosp & "VERY" sick. They don't need everything else on hearts plate if all turns out well. No church, didn't sleep & don't want to leav...e the phone, and we need 2 get ready for Kee's b-day party.

1/24

they're about to do another CAT. If there's no change...... PLEASE pray for my parents. Please God, give them strength.....

1/26

He's whole again. No more pain.

They pulled him off life support on 1/25, and his TOD was around 7:30pm EST. They had the memorial on Sat the 30th.

On Monday the 24th, we hit the road & made it from WY to GA in 2 days, stopping once for about 6 hours at a hotel for the night. Hubba flew back for work on Sunday the 31st. The boys & I headed home starting this past Saturday. We headed to TN to visit my FIL & SMIL. Left TN on Sunday morning, before the snowstorms started to hit the Midwest. St Louis was supposed to get hit on Tues, but when we woke Mon morning, it'd already begun, so I'm thankful we left when we did. We were supposed to stop again for the night around mid- Nebraska, but I was so anxious to get home that I drove a 15h day & prayed. A lot!!! We got home late last night. I woke up this morning sick. I was/am so numb, shaky, exhausted, etc.

For those that knew, I appreciate your thoughts & prayers.

Archived