MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello from South Alabama

sewandsew

Hello everyone. I'm from Alabama. I sew, quilt, crochet. I enjoy fishing, hunting, camping. Still learning how to can and dehydrate. My philosphy "I'd rather have it and not need it, rather than to need it and not have it."

I have 2 kids, grown and gone. 5 grandkids. I love them with all my heart. Oh and 1 mean cat who is rotten to the core.

Hoping to meet and make new friends. Hope everyone had a great day!

groupsmile.gif

Hi! Glad you found us!

Sounds like your philosophy is like mine. ;)

You'll find lots of good info here, and keep this in mind - *There are NO dumb questions!* If you're wondering, someone else is, too. So ask anything you like. If you're looking for something specific, we'll help you find it.

:grouphug:

HI sewandsew! Nice to have you aboard the USS MrsS!

Maybe you can help me figure out how to tailor down some now way too big jeans! It would be a good thing for me to do right now since getting to a store with enough time and money still in my pocket to buy new ones since I have little luck just taking the supposed right size of the rack at secondhand stores just doesn't end up well and the material is still pretty new on a few pair I have.

Pretty please if you have some ideas? Some of the seams are very lightweight and I know I can handle that on the sewing machine I have now.

I am in my early 50's, my son is grown and gone and married , military lifestyle for them and I am definitely living in the boonies way up in upstate NY. Was just watching the first snow flakes fall too. Early again.... so I would love to renovate some too big jeans just now for every day wear so they are suitable in public too, lol.

Possibly some army surplus clothing too... I could now wear about 4 pair of long johns under those to fill up my butt area, lol.... since you are into hunting I bet you can picture that!

:grinning-smiley-044:

HI sewandsew! Nice to have you aboard the USS MrsS!

Maybe you can help me figure out how to tailor down some now way too big jeans! It would be a good thing for me to do right now since getting to a store with enough time and money still in my pocket to buy new ones since I have little luck just taking the supposed right size of the rack at secondhand stores just doesn't end up well and the material is still pretty new on a few pair I have.

Pretty please if you have some ideas? Some of the seams are very lightweight and I know I can handle that on the sewing machine I have now.

I am in my early 50's, my son is grown and gone and married , military lifestyle for them and I am definitely living in the boonies way up in upstate NY. Was just watching the first snow flakes fall too. Early again.... so I would love to renovate some too big jeans just now for every day wear so they are suitable in public too, lol.

Possibly some army surplus clothing too... I could now wear about 4 pair of long johns under those to fill up my butt area, lol.... since you are into hunting I bet you can picture that!

:grinning-smiley-044:

LOL Yep. I can picture that. Kinda guilty of layering myself. In answer to your question it is hard to say without seeing. If they aren't real loose, you might try them on and kinda pinch some in the stradle and see if that tightens them up. Personally, I like my clothes a little on the loose side. Age thing. lol If they feel tight enough doing that then you can start a seam in knee area on the inseam and go around to the same area on the other leg, making the seam a little bigger as you go and easing down to nothing on the down side. Hope this helps. I've done it on several occassions. I never can find pants to fit right. I swore for years I would never wear sweat pants. Since hitting 50 they are my favorite clothes now.

Archived