MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

1st wedding for one of my children!

SueC

We are in Brisbane for the wedding of our 3rd daughter. first one for our family and so exciting!. Friday morning it was up early , to pick up the wedding cake, and the flowers, spent the day making bouquets, wedding rehearsal and finally meeting the grooms family. it was meant to be an early night but still had to finish the dress! Up again early this morning (Saturday) to finish sewing the buttons on the dress before all the activity starts! DD was intent on making her own dress, but just didn't get it finished :) So I am off now, buttons, shower and breakfast before the hair stylist and makeup artist, and photographer arrive!

LOL congrats mom. We are having a wedding this weekend also #3 son (also the first in our family.) The wedding is Sunday. We spent this evening decorating and ordering the food for the rehearsal lunch tomorrow. Then the wedding is at 2:00 Sunday.

What a wonderful day - it was sunny and pleasant - so lovely for the middle of winter. Bride was quite relaxed, I felt a bit rushed, after getting up early to finish her dress, I seemed to keep busy, then all of a sudden I was getting my make-up done, we finished, I had a very quick outfit change and threw the dress over the brides head and she was off to the car and church. Everyone else had left so I drove myself to the church, slipping in one door while she was being photographed at another door. The ushers were so busy talking to each other they ignored me, and I walked down to find my seat. Feel disappointed, as DH and I didn't get a chance to have any photos of just us or us with the bride getting ready. But these are minor things, they are married, the service went over well and we had a lovely day!

A casual photo of the lovely bride and groom, and one of her sisters. my girls looked beautiful!

DD designed and made her own dress, but we bought the bridesmaid dresses.

post-955-004079100 1344723421_thumb.jpg

post-955-036337500 1344723463_thumb.jpg

Beautiful daughters!

SueC,same thing happened to us regarding pictures. We had to set up things for the reception before going to church. We ended up getting to church 5 minutes before the wedding. Only picture we have with DD is the group family shot. Disappointing, but in grand scheme of things - not worth losing sleep over.