MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

how I happen to find this forum and looking for clothes pegs (pins?)

pegs (I think you call them pins in the States?:

I need some new pegs hanging up clothes on my washing line, as I live in windy area! :clothesline: and I need strong ones, I have 1 plastic one which seems to be good..

I looked on Google images, I found a Peg, which looked like mine. I clicked on the picture, underneath was a link to Mrs survival. when I looked at this web site , I found it very interesti. It seems s be just up my street! So I have joined :Blushing:.

I’m still looking for strong plastic pegs! I’m in the UK, does anyone know where I can find some pegs (strong plastic ones ?)please??thank you. :)

from sleepy snail .

:offtobed::sleep1:

I have trouble finding good wooden ones. I buy plastic ones that are pretty strong from Dollar Tree. I looked on their website, but I don't see ones like mine anymore. Mine are very big and they have a very strong spring.

I'm so glad that you found us here!

Welcome!

Funny how people find us and so glad you did - you willl find tons of things you never knew here!

Now, as to cloths pins (pegs) the new ones are JUNK!

Here we say they are all made oversea are are not worth the money!

but YOU are overseas? LOL

Here is what we do:

We never buy new ones we check out the thrift shops, yard sales and flea markets for the 'old wooden 'ones from years ago. They are the best!

now some people we talk to say 'how can you use something you got from there? I want new!

well people after you use those 'new ones' THAY are USED! So save your money and get the good ones.

:AmishMichael2:

I searched the images for clothes pins: https://www.google.com/search?q=clothes+pins&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=P2z&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3DgqUYS4N-fyiQKYs4H4Bw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1343&bih=670

Some of the picture links will lead you to the sights where you can purchase them.

And.....

:welcome:

:pc_coffee:

I found some great wooden ones on eBay some time ago. I just looked at both the US and the UK sites, and they have some older ones and newer ones available. Maybe you'll find some good ones there?

ANYWAY - WELCOME to Mrs Survival! Glad you found us, and glad you jumped in. :hug3:

Mine sound like the kind that "themartianchick" uses. They're large, with a strong spring, have a bottom "loop", about the size of your thumb and pointer finger touching together (with the opening pointing down) but they fit tightly on the line at the top of the loop. The loop holds blue jeans and bulky items well, but the pins stay put to keep the clothes from sliding down the line if the wind gets too strong. I use mine in freezing temperatures and they have not cracked or broken in the three or four years that I have had them.

Wow! thank you so much for all the replies and the welcomes. I was surprised is to have so many, on such mundane subject! and very pleased.

sorry I forgot to post the photos , of the Peg's image which I had found on the Internet.

... just tried to but msg. came up_I'm not allowed to! :sigh:

I still don't know why. clicking on an image of Peg took me to this site :shrug::eek3: but I'm glad it did! :cheer: I can't find the same link again! :wacko:

Cheers! :-)

Mine sound like the kind that "themartianchick" uses. They're large, with a strong spring, have a bottom "loop", about the size of your thumb and pointer finger touching together (with the opening pointing down) but they fit tightly on the line at the top of the loop. The loop holds blue jeans and bulky items well, but the pins stay put to keep the clothes from sliding down the line if the wind gets too strong. I use mine in freezing temperatures and they have not cracked or broken in the three or four years that I have had them.

Thanks! Do U have a link please? ... pic?

I still don't know why. clicking on an image of Peg took me to this site :shrug::eek3: but I'm glad it did! :cheer: I can't find the same link again! :wacko:

It's a conspiracy, I tell you - a CONSPIRACY!!!! :tinfoilhatsmile:

No wait - a trap? Maybe I mean a trap???? :scratchhead:

:puzzledsmile:

:rolleyes: Whatever it is... it was a nice thing to happen, eh? Glad you're here! :wub:

Sorry Sleepy Snail, I don't have a link, but I do plan to see if the store still carries the clothes pins and purchase some more. If they still carry them I'll send you some.

Philbe told me how to post a picture - maybe I can make that work.

It's "osmosis" ... like minded people drawing each other! :laughkick:

I like that! :grinning-smiley-044:

and your signature.. The Word of God-our daily food. :cook::yum3: Deuteronomy 8:3

Edited by SleepySnail!
Sorry Sleepy Snail, I don't have a link, but I do plan to see if the store still carries the clothes pins and purchase some more. If they still carry them I'll send you some.

Philbe told me how to post a picture - maybe I can make that work.

Thank you, thats ok, I'm gonna buy some online, but thanks for offering. :-)

• 7 months later...

Sleepy Snail, I found the heavy duty clothes pins at our Dollarama store last week. I bought a few extra bags.

The pins are a brand by the name of "Richard".

A bag of ten cost $1.25.

The model number(I believe) is 03-0302728.

As I said before, my old ones are still holing well, but it was exciting to find some more.

Only a prepper can be this excited about clothes pins.

Hi! Thanks so much for getting back in touch... :hapydancsmil:

I'm British... sorry, I dont always get the lingo (language)! :wacko::ashamed0002:

e.g. Prepper... I guess that's a person who is prepared... (for survival)? I haven't come across a prepper shop in U.K. but they may have a different name.. nor a Dollarama, I guess that's American?! :-D :americanflag: (we do have Poundland though!)

SleepySnail

:mornincoffee:

:wave: Hi SleepySnail! Yes, the US if flooded with Dollar type stores where everything inside is one dollar. I'm guessing that is what "Poundland" is (and not some specialty hammer store?!? LOL)

"Prepper" is a somewhat derogatory term for a survivalist. It didn't used to be a term that was looked down upon, but with the introduction of a really, really stupid reality show called,"Doomsday Preppers", the term has come to imply a certain amount of mental instability. Don't know if you have access to these youtube channels in the UK, but here are a few links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsIvv3rITt0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gee6e7aXHEQ

Yes, SleepySnail, I did mean exactly your definition of prepper, and the dollar stores are as Andrea explained.

I prepare to my level of ability, and comfort, and some people do think it a bit "odd".

We live on a farm and don't have immediate access to the stores so I stay as prepared as possible. It all helps my budget and I have fun doing it.