MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Not a Wheelchair

Annarchy

My eyes are big and .......THAT LOOKS REALLY GREAT! 

Don't see a seatbelt....might be a good addition.  I LOVE the quiet of using electric bike technology.  Woooohoo!

MtRider ..... Thanks, Annarchy  :thumbs: 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I want one.  DH would love it. He can run around neighborhood on that and be the envy of our neighbor behind us that made an electric whatever it was using a whiskey barrel for the seat.  He also made something else using a cooler for the seat. He put wheels on the cooler and had it on some sort of frame. Then he made one using a surfboard. That one was so funny.  He is always running around on something he has built. I think the above would be much more practical. Since he still can't walk around the block yet, that might not be a wheelchair, but would be more fun. 

• Haha 2
  • 4 months later...

A friend of ours born sith spina bifida has modified his electric wheelchair for the outdoors.  Uses mountain bike tires on it instead of wheenchair ones.  Reinforced wheels again, based on mountain bikes.  He goes EVERYWHERE with it!  

• Like 2

The guys here have teased me about putting bigger tires on the electric scooter I use outside and 'souping up' the motor.  I'm beginning to believe it might be a good idea. :D

• Like 3

in the past 3 decades, I've worn out one wheelchair....even after putting on a second set of tires!  Have had new one a couple years now.  It's made of magnesium.  Very light weight but strong.  I think I have snowshoes made from magnesium.  ...can scrape some off and start a fire, right?  :lol: 

And this one has handbrakes up above where someone is pushing it.....for downhill, y'know.  DH used to push me in the old one around a park with steep sidewalks.  He'd see how many times he could clap his hands before the wheelchair [and me!] would get going downhill beyond his reach.  :rolleyes:  That's when I got leather weight-lifting gloves to BRAKE for myself, thankyouverymuch!  We - I put a LOT of miles on the old wheelchair and taught a lot of folks not to fear them....or us that sit in them!  :whistling:   ...unless we're going downhill....  

MtRider  ...who would trade both wheelchairs in for a horse right now!  Needing a ride BADLY! 

• Like 3

I got DH a rollator that is for outdoor use with bigger wheels. That thing can go.  I now have a wheelchair I ordered that just came in yesterday but is not like a wheelchair but looks more like a lawn chair on wheels. It weights 19 lbs and no sides other than the arms that raise up to slide into the chair. i got this one to help me get him in and out of the car easier. I rolled him into the bedroom last night on it to see how well it would roll. Nice chair.  If I can get pictures of it on here, i will try to post a picture. This old computer doesn't always work like I want. But will try. 

• Like 3

That sounds like an interesting chair Littlesister. 

Sometimes people who don't need a wheelchair...yet, don't realize what all is available out there. I mean like 'transitioning' to chairs that are different according to your own personal needs. 

• Like 2