MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

I had a walk through at the house with the Project Manager today. There were a few issues but nothing major that they can't fix. We are not in agreement about them leaving nails in the wall and painting over them. They say it isn't an insurance related issue. They are correct it isn't. But I paid extra to have those unaffected walls painted with the understanding that the walls would be smooth. My own money. So we came to an understanding that they would remove the nails and repair the holes and paint over item. But not repaint all of the walls again. He said it wouldn't be perfect. I'm  fine with that. A little bitty paint imperfection will show up less than a big painted nail sticking out of the wall. So we were both happy with that. A few other minor things that we agreed on too. There are some touch up things that I will have to do, if  I want to.  I'll have all winter to do them though. Very minor things. Also I'll probably paint the closets. He advise me to not do too much because other people will probably change it anyway. True. I just want it to show nice. I need the money out of it. 

I mentioned the towel ring being in a strange place. We laughed about it and he said an Amish guy was working for them and for some reason that must have made sense to him. It will be moved over by the sink.  :grinning-smiley-044:  And they forgot to paint the bathroom. The TP holder looks strange too but I let that one go. 

Towel holder under a window.  LOL                                                                         Look at how much that fridge sticks out. It looks awful in person. Sigh

image.jpeg     image.jpeg

Copy and pasted over here from another forum.  Sigh

• Like 2

Copy/Pasted a post from Littlesister. She responded to a post I put in the wrong forum...again.

This was safer than me trying to move the post. Remember what happened the last time I tried that? I do. Blowie.

Wow Jeepers, the fridge is way too big. I see your issue there. And what were they thinking when they put the towel rack across from the toilet and that high up? Hope you get all that taken care of soon. As for the fridge, I would call the place you bought it from to see if they would take it back. Take a picture to show it still has the tape and such on it also. Let them know the kitchen was a part of a redo and hopefully you can get a new one and they will take that one back. The worse that can happen is they say no. But I would sure try. Do you still have the receipt for it? That would help. 

• Like 2

I got the fridge as a package deal from Home Depot or Lowes. I can't remember which. But I got it about 6 months ago so I doubt if they would take it back. Plus it was a package deal. I think I got it at Home Depot online. I've bought so much stuff at both places it's hard to remember and the paperwork would be in Indiana. I really did screw that one up. It does look horrible. 

That towel rack looks really funny in person. Wash your hands at the sink, wander on over to the window to have a peek at the neighbors across the street and while you're there, dry your dripping wet hands. It's only funny looking because they are going to fix it though. Otherwise...not so much. They also did a similar thing in the upstairs bathroom. They put the ring on the side of the wall instead of on the wall beside the sink. They are fixing that one too. He is blaming the Amish carpenter. If he is Old Order Amish (Swartzentruber) I can sort of understand. No inside plumbing. I don't think they have towel racks in the outhouse.  :D

• Like 4

I'll be walking in a few minutes.
My friend and I both have eye doc appts. at the same eye doc-half an hour apart.
Then to Aldi and Dollar Tree for a few things.
Pay on hospital bill and then my friend is taking me to lunch.
I hope to do very little once I am home, this afternoon.

• Like 4

Completed Spanish lessons online.

Making new cuy cage.

Planting plants bought yesterday, mostly in pots using compost bought in one of the trips to the Amazon mostly for that purpose.

• Like 5

Jeepers glad there were only minor issues. Honestly I wouldn't worry about the fridge, it's new and a new owner can replace with a smaller unit if they want one. I hope you get a really good price for your house and can put that behind you. Late March seems like a good time to list it so it will close and sell by summer when lots of people move.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jeepers, that is true what Becca Anne said. You could just leave it and let a new owner decide to keep it or not. They might be the ones to put it in garage and get a smaller one for kitchen. It would make that much easier on you.  I didn't know it was a package deal and being 6 months ago they might not take it back. 

Moving the Christmas boxes other than the one the tree is still in while waiting for the window replacement. They didn't call this morning so will call them soon. Seems it takes forever to get things done anymore. 

Going to get some dusting finished up and get GS to finish his laundry. He didn't get his Labs done yesterday and he was off work. He again took off with his friend and played around in the stores. So that is on him. Though the doctor did call him about his elbow. He has the beginnings of arthritis in it. As for the wrist it didn't show the 2 breaks, he had in that. But they were clean breaks and may have healed up in a way it doesn't show up. But more than likely he might have arthritis in that as well. He will find out next month what steps the doctor will take. Just hope this doesn't keep him out of the Coast Guard. 

Need to work on my multiroom issues, sewing room/office/craft room. It is a mess right now. Will try to work on it some later today.

• Like 3

Ran up to DS2’s yesterday evening to pick up the deer. He and DGD(12) had it almost skinned, so all we had to do was quarter it up. DGD loaded it in my van and I was off! It was COLD out. I dropped her off in town to go to the basketball game (jr high) and the little stinker got me for $20. 😂 She did say that she’d work it off. 🥰 

Despite being a 9 point, the buck wasn’t real big. Probably a 2 yr old. We’ll see what I get off him. So, today and tomorrow, I’m canning and grinding.

• Like 5

The guy that was replacing the windows called and said he had a cancelation and could be here in 30 minutes. Yep, come on over. He had them in fast and out. So now that job is done. Just hope I don't have any more windows to lose the Aragon gas in them. Though the front picture window was also cracked. So really glad to have that one replaced. Now I can clean up and get the tree up. Just taking a break right now as I twisted my knee the wrong way. It will stop hurting shortly. Will finish cleaning the windows in living room and then get tree up. GS has already left for work so no help this evening, but I can get it done. Will have other things for him to help me with later. 

• Like 5

That's true Becca_Anne. Maybe someone else would want a big fridge. The house is pretty big so I'm sure a bigger family will be interested in the house. They could always sell it. It would be theirs. And I've already paid for it. It is brand new. A big fridge could be an asset to someone. I'm going to take your advise and sit tight for awhile. And it could be used as a garage fridge. 

Littlesister, I hope your G-son gets in the military soon. They are begging for recruits right now. It should be a good time for him to get in. Glad you got your windows in! 

The check from Bank of America finally arrived yesterday. It took 10 days to get from California to Ohio. So today I took it to the bank and deposited it. The Project Manager happened to be at the house so I took a check over to him and he can give it to the construction company. In one hand and out the other. Literally. I did call them and told them I gave him the check. Just incase. I trust him but you know my luck lately. So the construction company was very happy to get the remaining $18,556.69 and we are up to date on our money situation. Next payment will be from State Farm. It should go directly to the company. Should. 

Yesterday I gave them a check for $2,000+ of my own money to cover the extra work they did for me outside the house. I thought that was cheap for all they did. I'm very happy to have gotten that done. It had to be done as the bare wood was exposed on all of the wood surfaces. They painted all the trim, the front door, installed 4 lights, repaired the two front posts that woodpeckers had destroyed, repaired a door frame, fixed a wooden piece that a light was on, power washed the house and are repairing a drain in the garage floor. I think that's it. Well worth it. And they fixed my mail box for free. Now I just have to call the chimney people to come and repair/replace the chimney cap. It was knocked sideways during a wind storm last spring. 

I got all my Christmas wrapped and bagged up. Getting those flying butterflies in a box and getting the lid on was a chore. The only way I could get the book I got him in the box was to tip it up on its side a little and hurry and close the top. But the butterflies kept escaping. All 20 of them. Maybe I should have gotten a bigger box but the next size up was way too big. It was a hot mess in here for a minute. Language happened.  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Jeepers, glad you got the butterflies taken care of.  And glad you are getting so close to moving back into the house. Hopefully before end of year. 

Windows are now in, and the tree is up. Still some things to get done but at least now I can move things back into place and clean up. 

Jeepers, I am so hoping that GS will get that lab done on his next day off and get the results to the recruiter. I am so ready for him to totally move out of house. He knows I am not helping him any longer and no longer feeding him. He has what he needs now to take care of himself. How he chooses those options is now up to him. Hopefully he will be in boot camp sometime in January. 

• Like 5

Those butterflies were torture doing them by myself. I was sitting on the floor and had to use my foot to hold them down. Then get the book in and hurry and close the lid. Just when I thought I had them all in there I'd hear a RRRRR sound as one of them went off. Then back to the drawing board. If I couldn't have got them in there I would have gone to the front desk and asked for a couple of extra hands. They are so nice here. And they are used to me by now. G-son is gonna love it when they fly out. The book I got is called Grandma's Kisses. Not hugs like I thought. All kinds of little animals with their grandma. I tucked one of the butterflies inside the book too. Just when he thinks they have all flown, one more will pop out. They really fly high too. I somehow got all 20 of them in. I put a note on the box to open it last so he doesn't spend too much time playing with them instead of opening his other gifts. The dogs will hate me.  LOL.  I'm the reason they can't have nice things. :engel-smilies-10-1:

Amazon.com: AhlsenL 20 PCS Flying Butterfly Toy, Magic Wind Up Flying Butterfly Surprise Box Wind Up Butterfly Surprise Toy for Wedding Birthday Party Book and Greeting Cards(5 Styles) : Toys & Games

Oops, this isn't the exact one I bought. It looks jut like it but mine have plastic wings not paper. 

Edited by Jeepers
Added Info
  • Like 4

Another busy day, today.  Already walked- It was cold!

Next take Aninja (Chihuahua) to vet for rabies shot and nail trim.

Speak to a different lawyer about will.

DH gets released from therapy today at some point.

Go to Lowes for a new kitchen faucet.

Handyman will be here later to install.

Make Buffalo style chex mix.

• Like 4

Those butterflies are so cute. Might have to get some for next year when GGD is a bit older. She will be 14 months old next Christmas. 

Been going through the bookcase in den and dusting. And doing some other things. Moving the storage bins, I bought for closet shelves out of Livingroom into the bedroom to work on closet after Christmas. Just trying now to get things into the right rooms to put away. After Christmas I will go full throttle on the house to go through more stuff and finish the decluttering. Then I can work on getting rest of house painted. Then in the spring I will get the windows washed That hasn't been done in a year or more. So that is a must do. They aren't too bad but needs a good cleaning. Just working on my plans for the house and what to keep and what to ditch. Hopefully by then I can buy new furniture. I am going to let the dining room suit go also. That furniture is some very heavy furniture and the reason I had to have the floor jacked up. Will try to sell it if possible. Going to make some changes in the house. Will turn the den which is part of the kitchen into the dining room. Will get a farmhouse table for that. Then the living room will become my den and the dining room which is also part of the living room will become my sewing room, but I will still keep my sewing supplies and material in the office where I have it all stored now. It will also be like a sitting room where I can sit and read or do hand sewing or whatever. Been thinking about this for a few years but never really got around to changing things up. Then maybe in a couple of years I can decide on moving to NC. Though that will depend on if DD is still living there or not. Her DH could get transferred again. So that is a wait and see situation at this point and this is not the time to buy or sell a house. Interest rates are not the best right now. 

• Like 3

Flap, Flop, Flop, Swish, Flap, Swish, Swish, Flop, Flop, Swish, Flap, Flop.  

Why am I starting to feel like I'm tripping today. And why am I making strange noises when I walk? Oh yeah. Remember when I super glued my shoe to my hand and the carpet? Well, the glue isn't very super any more. It let loose big time today while I was out running errands and it was my shoe flapping again.  :24:  Sheesh, that was embarrassing. So while I was out I stopped in Famous Footwear and picked up a new pair of shoes. They always have my half size in Nike's. I know I have some shoes...somewhere. Now I have some here too.

I stopped by the house just to pick up some towels and washrags that are covered in sawdust and spackle dust. I will wash them in Indy and I bring them back here. Also a set of curtains. I don't have a washer and dryer over here yet. Not sure if I'm going to get one or not. I really don't need one for me. I have plenty of clothes to slide by for a couple of months if I want to.

I'm thinking about going to Indy either tomorrow or Friday. Time is running out on me. I need to get presents over there soon. Plus I have two doctor appointments the 18th and 22nd so I need to be here for that. And a final walk through on the house too. All before Christmas. The weather is holding out so far so I need to get it done. I can only stay a couple of days but I'm okay with that. Christmas is not my thing. 

• Like 4

Yesterday I spent 6 hrs cutting the venison off the bones and separated the meat for canning or grinding. Started a big pot (20 qt, I think) of broth with some of the bones. Took those bones out this morning and put more in. I’ll use the meat off them for soup. Chopped and canned 24# (9 quarts and 6 pints), chopped and ground 30#, 24# will be used for burger (will make 27#) and 6# for more salami snack sticks (will make 9#)—the kids loved them!! 
Tomorrow my mom is coming down and we’re going shopping for a couple hours. Then when I get home, I’ll mix the burger and salami. DH will help bag up the burger. The salami will wait until I get the kitchenaid grinder/stuffer that I ordered. 😉 Should be here Friday. 

:hug3:and:kissy:

Necie

• Like 4

Necie, you have really been busy.  I just bought a ham today for 99 cents a pound. Got it for Christmas dinner. Going to take the leftovers for canning beans. Will just cut into very small pieces and freeze till right after the first of year. Then I am going to start canning a lot of things. 

Just finished decorating for Christmas. Did about all I am going to do. Did a bit more than I was going to but seems Christmas is at my house this year but on Christmas eve instead of Christmas day. So far no one has a change of plans. Next year my GS should be out of house all the way and I will be better able to travel. So that hopefully will make things easier for me. But then that is a year away. I think I am just tired or maybe just overwhelmed with so much to get done. 

Just need to get the Christmas tablecloth on table but was waiting for GS's gifts he bought to come in so he could use the dining room table to wrap them. But I think I will just put all the wrapping paper in a box, and he can use the kitchen counter. Don't think he has a lot to wrap. So won't be that bad. I had big stuff to wrap as well as some of it was heavy. 

Need to hide the Christmas candy and a few other things from GS. If I don't it will be gone before Christmas. Kids are so fun. Still having to hide things from a 22-year-old. No resistance. 

• Like 3

It's so easy to get overwhelmed. I did that too starting a couple of years ago. It got to the point where I froze and didn't know which way to turn first. So I didn't. It got easier though when I had to make choices. I'm sure it will be better for you when you can finally just breathe again. You have been through a lot too. Your dear husband passing and the frustration of a remodel and your grandson coming in and out. It will come together for you too.  :hug3: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/12/2023 at 4:32 PM, Jeepers said:

I got all my Christmas wrapped and bagged up. Getting those flying butterflies in a box and getting the lid on was a chore. The only way I could get the book I got him in the box was to tip it up on its side a little and hurry and close the top. But the butterflies kept escaping. All 20 of them. Maybe I should have gotten a bigger box but the next size up was way too big. It was a hot mess in here for a minute. Language happened.  :grinning-smiley-044:

I'm glad you followed this post up, Jeepers!  I read this and was worried about you.   :puzzledsmile:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The things we go through for our grandkids.  I remember when the kids were small, and my DD said she couldn't find a horse barn for the kids. Sort of like a doll house but a horse barn instead. The girls were into the horses at the time. We belonged to Costco then.  We called them and they had one left. Said they would hold it for us and hid it in the paper towel section. So, we took off to Costco and got it. It was just before closing when we got there. The employees back then were so nice and would do things for you. Not today though.  Those kids loved that thing. Went through that a few times for the kids. Now it will be my daughter's turn to do that if something can't be found for her grandchild and she finds it where she lives.  Yeah, we did some crazy things back then. 

Jeepers, you are right. I think we have both been through a lot, but I never expected my GS to be like he is. But I have been backing off of him more and more and watching to see what he does. Yes, he got paid and paid his bills or most of them anyway. And he got his car insurance back as well. Hopefully he will understand that bills always come before the things you want. Then put a little aside for emergencies and then if there is something you want you can buy it then and only then. 

• Like 3

Going to Indiana today to deliver presents. I have too much going on over here with doctors and the house etc. to be gone during Christmas. Weather is starting to concern me too. So I've decided to stay home this year and not stress about it. Family understands. I'll be back Sunday.

• Like 6

Have a safe trip Jeepers. And have some fun while you are there. 

Got a few things done around house early this morning and then took off to the Dollar General store. They had some great sales, and I was able to get a few things much cheaper than grocery store or the pharmacy. Found some tree tea oil that I had been looking for. Only had 2 bottles left so I bought both of them. They sell the old Rexall brand of a lot of things. The products so far have been good ones. 

Then left there and went to Finley's. That is a gift shop and is loaded with neat stuff. Picked up a few things there as well and then came home. GS was getting ready for work, so he is about to leave now. 

Need to get back to work on some things in office. Some end of year things I want to get a head start on. 

• Like 3

Change of plans today. 🥴 Mom told me last night that she wasn’t comfortable leaving Dad to go shopping, so this morning I headed up there to get DS1 and take him to get his Christmas shopping done. On the way, Mom called and said they had called for the ambulance to take Dad to the hospital. He was pretty much immobile. Three of them tried to help him to the bathroom and he was no help... dead weight. They have him in the ER doing tests (no other rooms available 😳). When I got to the house, they had him in the ambulance, but hadn’t left. Mom was a wreck that her poor spoiled doggie was gonna have to stay in her crate for a couple hours... this pampered pooch has NEVER been left alone. I told her we’d only be gone a couple hours and when we got back, that I’d take her home with me. So, I’m babysitting the most spoiled little mutt in the world until further notice. 😁 

Will continue with the venison tomorrow. 
Oh... and when DS1 and I were at Walmart, the guy in the sporting goods section said the store wasn’t taking any cash. Something was screwed up with getting their drawers at the registers, but they were working on it. I told DS1 that it was a good thing that he was using his debit card and also a good thing that I didn’t need anything cuz I only use cash. When we got up to the regular register, the gal said that they couldn’t take cash, but the self-checkouts could. 🤷‍♀️ 

Pic of said spoiled rotten, pampered little mutt currently curled up in my lap. 🙄

3B997142-D958-4274-9AD2-4FAF4B93F90E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Necie, prayers for your dad. I know how it is to have to lift dead weight. I was doing that with my DH. His leg would suddenly go out from under him, and he couldn't walk. Had to call friends to help me with him as well as the non-emergency number for ambulance to come help me. Bought them lunch a few times for the help. 

Finished all the decorating that I am going to do. Will get GS to help me get the boxes back out of house into shed tomorrow and to bring in wood for stove. He wants to be the one in charge of the wood stove. He loves it. Just a few things to do last minute before Christmas eve and also figure out food. That will not be much as everyone is leaving the same day. But they won't starve. Hid the candy and such from GS or there won't be any left for Christmas. Might run up to Kroger tomorrow but haven't decided on that yet. Might be too early yet I am looking for sales for food for Christmas. I did buy a ham but that is about it so far. Wanting to get a turkey breast but haven't found any on sale yet. 

• Like 2