MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What's for dinner? #2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds yummi.

i dont blame your DH for hating tuna noodle caserole...i hate it, and so does my husband.

tonight we are having nana's kick a$$ cure-all soup. the baby wont eat it, the spices make her cry. but we have spice cake for dessert, with cream cheese icing. yumyum!

Tonight we cleared out the refrigerator of leftovers...we all had a variety...

Slaw, pinto beans, smoked sausage, mixed greens, cornbread, and dump cake.

That helped me have room to put away the $300 grocery trip! Ouch!

Tomorrow, I'm trying Darlene's Chicken soup. My Winn Dixie had split breasts on sale for .99 a lb.

Stephanie

Tonight we are having a ham, baked potatoes, cauliflower and cheese, green beans and ww bread.

Stephanie, don't feel bad, last week I spent $350, and this week I've spent about $60 buying hamburger on sale and milk on sale. The plus side is, my freezer is officially full!

Mo7

Turkey on toast, green beans, and homeade applesauce. My mother was up this weekend and she brought me a whole turkey breast that is roasting away nicely in the oven. Once it comes out, part will get sliced for lunches this week, some for soup (gonna make stock in a day or so) and tonight slices will go in a cream/cheddar cheese sauce and be poured over thick slices of toasted home baked wheat bread.

Monday night I made 2 large pans of red lasagna.

Last night I made 2 large pans of white lasagna.

One pan of each of the lasagna's is going in the freezer.

Tonight, hubby is out of town, daughter is at work and both the grandchildren have the sniffles so, they're having my cure-all chicken soup and I'm having a cube steak and raw veggies.

Then I'm not cooking dinner again until Saturday but, I'll be canning the rest of the week.

Jewlzm, while its not my most requested food, my mom LOVES stuffed peppers, and I can get down on some once in a while.

Us? Chicken alfredo. Thank heavens I cooked the chicken ahead, 3 papers to write and Hon hasn't had a real meal in three days. Gonna make a quick one, but we'll eat well.

• 2 weeks later...

It was DD's night in charge of dinner. She did a really good job. She fried boneless, skinless chicken breasts, then made gravy in the pan and added small potatoes and green beans (both home canned), baby corn, mushrooms and carrots, then put the chicken back in with the veges and gravy. It was really

Sue-I am SO jealous-fresh strawberries from the garden! (And I'm not even fond of strawberries.) I spent 2 hours driving in the snow and wind in south-west Mich. today to go have lunch with my sis for her b'day! YUCK! She said they ended up with 8" just north of her and 4" just south of her-so she's somewhere in between that. NE Ind.? We didn't get any! Just COLD!!

Anyhow, for lunch I had a chicken cordon bleu sandwich and brought home nachos for dinner and DBF made his yummy Italian tomatoes to go with them.

I cooked my own Birthday dinner tonight, I made a Frozen tuscan chicken alfraido lasagna, garlic cheese bread, and hot dogs for my two year old.

Archived