MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello everyone

Clovis

Hello,

My name is Clovis. I am 39, married with 2 sons. My youngest is 18 today. My oldest was 24 last month. I live in S. IL. I am interested in prepping, living very simply, peacefully and cheaply as possible.

I am medically disabled with epilepsy and love to read, especially survival stories, both fiction and non. Lately I've been reading a lot of pandemic scenario ones. I also like to collect indian artifacts and learn about history.

I've got my iced tea(green) and am looking forward to sharing ideas and support.

Welcome Clovis, we're so glad you've joined us!

If you like survival stories, you'll hafta go check out the tons we have that our members are writing and sharing down in the Deeper Survival area of the site. You'll find the stories in The Cave Forum, in the Fireside sub forum.

Let me know if you have any problems finding it.

Hiya! Are you named for the Clovis points??? I'm a flintknapper and love to create clovis style arrowheads. I'm more into making Indian artifacts because I'm so lousy at finding them. LOL.

Welcome to Mrs. S! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Need all the warmth I can get right now, The temprature is 7, with a wind chill of 3 below. BRRR!

Yes, I chose the name from the clovis points! They are by far my personal favorites. Any of the paleo points really. I don't have any (yet), but maybe someday. I've tried flint knapping a time or two and so far all I've come up with is what I like to call my all purpose flint scraper, dog back scratcher combo. LOL

I have loved to hunt for 15 plus years but can't much anymore due to not being able to drive and all the no trespassing signs/laws now. I do live in the country, on a hill, with a creek running thru my yard and have access,permission to hunt hundreds of acres around me. Wouldn't you know it's the only place in my county there aren't any. (eye roll) I've been over most of the rest of it at one time or other. It's a small co. with smaller population. Approx. 14,000 or so.

Can you tell I have a passion for arrowheads? My hubby took me to a show last year and bought me some nice ones and frames for what I have. That's my kindda man!

I also have a 25 yr. old step-daughter and grandson. They aren't too close so we don't see them much unfortunately.

I'm used to thread drifts. Can you tell? LOL I think I'll feel right at home here. BTW, how do you get the smilies?

Hi Clovis, The Carolinas are loaded with artifacts. A neighbor has been on TV because of his collection of points. We have a few. A farmer friend has several very nice hatchet, spear,and other kinds that he has turned up. About twenty miles away is the "Town Creek Indian Mound". It is similiar to the one in Macon, Ga. but not as high or wide.

Glad you are here and hope '08 is great--for you, wc

I don't have much of a collection anymore. About 20 really nice arrowheads and a few dozen lesser ones. I used to have a fairly large collection. Select pieces were even published in a Lar Hothem book. All personal finds of mine and my ex. Unfortunately he managed to get the rocks. Gee.. I miss my rocks. LOL

dogmom4, your furkid is beautiful. I have a major soft spot for animals, especially dogs. I have 3 helping me eat my shredded wheat right now. LOL

Welcome Clovis, I just came out of hiding (lurking) myself last month. This is a very warm, friendly, and informative group, sorta like a family. Hope you enjoy, Reb

Two Australian Shepards, Isaac and Delta, brother and sister, two years apart. They'll be 7 and 5 in Feb. and Jan.

And Velcro, who's half Aussie, half St. Bernard. That's a mix! He'll be 9 in April and is the most gentle, loving dog I've ever seen.

They have all been trained for SAR work and have all done it. Velcro is retired due to bad hips but the other can still work.

We used to travel a lot and go to other states but with gas prices (volunteer work) and my health we just can't do it anymore. We will do very local for missing child, elderly person etc, but not what we used to.

I may be off the rest of the day also. I had a minor seizure last night and am having trouble thinking right and exhausted. Not leaving ya'all. Clovis

Archived