MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I am a very excited today! Just found out we are going to be grandparents in 7 1/2-8 months!

Jasminegirl

We are going to have our first cloud9 in about 8 months. Got to start doing some knit and sewing now. We have been waiting about 9 years for grandchild. But finally child number 3 (Dear Son) and his wife told us yesterday.. Was a bit worried about it being a tubular baby and they did tests today and everything is ok. clap I am soooo excited!!! darlenedance

How fun!!! bighug

Have you chosen your title of honor yet??

My mom is Mimi, a friend of mine chose Grammy, I know a lot of Nana's... of course there's always Grandma, Granny, Gramma. Lots to choose from.

I pray for a safe delivery of your sweet grandbaby.

Congradulations. As for the name, you better decide soon what you want to be called, or they will decide for you. Who knows if you will like what you are called then.

Oh that is so wonderful! Congrats to the entire family...and yep, start sewing and crocheting now cuz you will want to make everything you find a pattern for with the first one lol!

Q

Originally Posted By: prayed2baMom
How fun!!! bighug

Have you chosen your title of honor yet??

My mom is Mimi, a friend of mine chose Grammy, I know a lot of Nana's... of course there's always Grandma, Granny, Gramma. Lots to choose from.

We were going to have our son (now 19) call my parents Gramma & Grampa. HE DECIDED to call them Mimi & Pawpaw. Have NO idea where it came from! Now, all 4 grandkids call them that.

Wooo-hooo. darlenedance

I have a cousin who went back and forth trying to think of a name she wanted her first grandchild to call her. She agonized over it. She ended up with "grandma" rollingeyes

Her grand baby couldn't say it so she calls her "Eemaw" and she loves it because it is so special to her.

Congratulations! You are coming into one of the most wonderful relationships on earth. I am proudly "Mamaw Susie". I have two quotes that I have used in explaining my relationship with my grandchildren . . .

1) Grandchildren are God's gift for not killing your kids.

2) The reason grandchildren and grandparents have such an amazing

bond is because they have a common enemy!

Blessings on you and the new little one that is coming . . . .

I thought long and hard about what to be called when our first grandchild was on the way. DH knew he would be "Papa" but I was use to "Grandma". Then his dear precious mother died and she would be the last "Nona R" as he is the only son, so that made my decision. I have big shoes to fill.

Archived