MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Canuck

backdoor

Canuck here,

Like many, I’m glad I discovered this site. It’s comforting to find like minded individuals because I’m surrounded by disbelievers. I believe that we need to be prepared for when the SHTF. As a travel nurse I spent a lot of time working in the States, I returned to Canada the day U.S. invaded Iraq. I returned to the first round of SARS. I thought this is just the beginning, a warm-up drill to what will eventually come. IMHO, did Canada learn from the warm-up drill? No.

I’m looking forward to being an active participant in this site.

Allie

grin

So glad you came!!! Back door friends are best, ya know... wink

Since you've been "through SARS" (not sure if it's still around, after all), I'm interested in hearing what you think about Avian/Bird Flu.

If there's anything I can help you find, just ask!!

welcome6

welcome!

right now Nurses, Doctors, hospital food and more are my rant! don't take it personal.... I am sure I will be better after 2 more transfusions!

About SARS,

No one understood how to handle an epidemic. The public were angry because elective surgeries were cancelled, hospitals only allowed next of kin in for visits, people were screened at the ER entrance to see if it was a real emergency.

Hospital employees were screen before being allowed in to work. All hospital staff had to wear gown, gloves and mask. To this day we still are not equipped for an epidemic/pandemic. The isolation procedure in the ER departments consists of a curtain drawn between stretchers.

Nurses contracted SARS came home and passed it to their family members. A lot of colleagues have said to me that if something like this happens again (SARS, Bird Flu etc.) that they would not return back to work. Southern Ontario nurses have worked through an epidemic and we know the government has little regard for the safety of the nurses. All it would take is a ¼ of the nurses to say they are not returning to work and the system will fall apart.

I’ve lost sleep thinking about this.

Allie.

Westbrook, I don't like hositals either.

I dont like hospitals either...I recently just about cut my finger off and due to so much staph infection in the hospitals...I elected to pray over my finger and doctor it myself. It is still a little tender but I still have the use of my finger praise God and I am not dead!!!

Welcome Allie! Glad you're here. I know alot of people are struggling with how they will respond when we have a pandemic. Stay at home or work????

Archived