MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello Everyone!! I am new here!

marylp

So, I wanted to tell everyone how excited I am to join, I have been lurking for a few weeks now and have really learned alot. My name is Mary and I am a 911 dispatcher and director for our churches food pantry. I wanted to teach our families all I learned here. We currently have about 250 families registred with us and most, like me, dont know about food preservation,and basic emergency skills that are needed by all of us. I intend to later have classes on all these topics and teach our families all I have been learning here. I am doing all kinds of research as well as taking classes availble by our food bank, I am so glad to be a part of this and hope to make tons of new friends!!

welcome5

Welcome Aboard!

I'm sure you'll find pretty much all you desire to know here! And there are so many new friends that are willing and able to answer questions you may have. There are no dumb questions here!

bighug

One of my SILs is a 911 dispatcher, and one of my brothers is with the Virginia Beach PD...kudos to you - that's gotta be one challenging job!

clapsmilie

welcome5

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to reading your posts! You sound like you have lots to share. Glad you're here!

welcome6 So glad you jumped in!!

Since many of the people you're helping are probably struggling financially, I'm sure you want to know cost-effective ways of doing things. ("Cheap" just sounds so tacky... whistling )

You'll find these things scattered throughout the forum, usually in the corresponding areas. For example, dehydrating food without a "real" dehydrator would be in "Preserving the Harvest". Ideas for finding free or low-cost canning supplies are there, too.

The Kitchen has some *great* recipes and ideas that cut costs. Check out "Mare's collection of money-saving mixes" and "Poverty Cooking" in the sub-forum above (inside the kitchen forum).

If you're looking for something specific, just ask... we love to help!!!

bighug

Welcome, marylp! So glad you are here. It sounds like you are running that program the way is should be run. Not just handing out food, but giving them the info to use it wisely. Way to go!!!

If you have any questions, ask away. We have fantastic resources here, and no question is considered "dumb".

Archived