MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Horror fires in Australia

SueC

Many of you would have heard on the news about the horrow fires happening in of the Australian States. Victoria is in shock, 1 town completely burned to the ground, another has just one building left. The following link is a little about it. They expect the toll to climb higher as the areas cool down enough to go in and check burnt out cars and homes. This is several hours south of where I am.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/131-de...4027889048.html

Sue

Many of you would have heard on the news about the horrow fires happening in of the Australian States. Victoria is in shock, 1 town completely burned to the ground, another has just one building left. The following link is a little about it. They expect the toll to climb higher as the areas cool down enough to go in and check burnt out cars and homes. This is several hours south of where I am.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/131-de...4027889048.html

Sue

I am so sorry, Sue :(

I've been watching the news about it... and wondering where you were in relation to it. Even the smoke and ash fallout is dangerous.

**Praying most people got away safely.**

SueC, I have been following it on the news too. This is rotten, I heard its probably arson. The people I moved to NY state with, the wifes stepfather is a good lawyer and lives in Melbourne. I hope she isn't freaking out. I feel badly for the people who lost everything, and their lives. I hope they catch the culprits really fast because that firebug or group doing it are on a roll and the people sure don't need to suffer anymore from this kind of threat. As far as I am concerned, shooting is too good for arsonists, especially in these times. People have worked hard, want to feel safe at least from domestic situations that can be prevented, and this has ripped up that feeling relatively safe. I hope they catch the arsonist(s)!

I just heard about it this morning and it sound like there have been many deaths. Praying from here too. I'm so glad you posted, as when I saw this news, I was wondering if you are close to the fire.

:bighug2:

((((SueC)))))) I am so glad to see your post [must have missed it yesterday]. I thot of you when I heard about this last nite. I'm so glad you aren't in the region involved. I also just heard from a couple who are former members of our church. They say it is one state away from them but that they are in the same incindiary conditions where they are located.

MtRider :praying: for all

The news this morning is just as bad, they are finding more bodies. One small town of 200 has lost 1 in 7. How do you comprehand such devastation to a town? One man said, he looked out at the smoke, thought it was getting closer they should leave, grabbed one box of stuff, looked again and ran. It was so quick, people were burnt as they got into their cars.

Where we are, there is no smoke or fall out, we are probably 12 hours north or thereabouts.

Archived