MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Posting Question

LindaLou

I wasn't exactly sure what to title this or where to post it but here goes...this is my problem and I am wondering if anyone else shares this problem. I have been with Mrs Survival for several years but if you see my profile I have few posts. If you count all the posts that I have type but never submitted I would be in the thousands but I feel like I really don't have that much to offer or maybe what I might post would seem pretty trite to others. (Okay, this is the insecure me speaking). I really want to connect with everyone. Does anyone else feel like me? I read all these awesome posts from people who have posted a bizillion terrific things and I just feel inadequate. Help!!!

Go right ahead and post LindaLou, no one here will make fun of you. You never know when you will post something that will get someone thinking or lead someone to what they were looking for. If you need help ask one of the MOD's.

:wormie2:

John

All those posts you typed and didn't post??? :o Why not??? :tapfoot::shrug::D

:bighug2:

Post count has nothing to do with your value to us. :wub:

Did you happen to see what "mommyothree" posted? She has only *3* posts total. She told us that she's lurked for "several years", and thanked us for getting her to prepare for emergencies. But in 2 of her posts she shared personal, first-hand knowledge and her experiences in the flooding that her area saw last September. That is such a valuable resource, because it dealt with the kind of thing that most of us might experience... something relatively localized that disrupts our lives temporarily.

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36922

And then there's mithreesons, who was inspired to post her experiences with Hurricane Rita and later a chemical explosion in their town. She, too, had lurked for a while. But she shared what she knew because she understood how it might help someone else.

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36942

If you feel like sharing, share! You think I just post loads and loads of deep, helpful, profound stuff??? :Blushing: Believe me, there are LOTS of my posts that are just silly stuff. (I still can't believe what happened to my attempt to post just a few girl-only themed jokes in the Humor Me forum... by calling it "Feminine Protection", it took off, quite unfortunately, and took on a whole 'nother life!!! :o )

Humor and sharing and support and lovin' is just as much a part of preparation as gathering recipes for beans. It's important to let someone know when they've posted something you like, or if you have a question about it. It hurts when you post and no one answers, and we get insecure about it. Yes, I do, too, and I KNOW it's just the way it goes sometimes. :shrug: We get busy, read, and forget to post, or a post gets "buried". Just don't take it personally... it happens to ALL of us! Send a PM to me if you have any questions.

feeldaluvsmiley.gif

as Cat said, you never know what others may gain from what one member posts, AND remember YOU are a member with only a few posts or maybe up there in the hundreds, well we are members of this great 'family'.

Take the wagon train for one thread here - some of us have done most of the things that happened there and some have never done anything like that. But you know what, ever Mother and I had learned a few thinigs along the way that we forgot or have never done before and after reading what someone posted we went out and tried it.

looking forward to reading what you have to say or ask, now go find some of the posts you didn't put up and ask away.

:AmishMichael2:

PS did anyone here jump all over you when you did post?

I bet not, then get back into it and post away and I bet you will find it easier and easier as you go along.

Kind of like standing up in the front of the class and having to read a report. Just thing of us all without clothes on and you will be fine. LOL

Come to thing about it I bet some of us ARE without clothes on when we type (he,he). :24:

Kind of like standing up in the front of the class and having to read a report. Just thing of us all without clothes on and you will be fine. LOL

Come to thing about it I bet some of us ARE without clothes on when we type (he,he). :24:

:huh::blink::onoooway.gif

runcirclsmiley2.gif MY EYES... MY EYES...

backingout.gif

:pc_coffee:

:huh::blink::onoooway.gif

runcirclsmiley2.gif MY EYES... MY EYES...

backingout.gif

:0327:

:gdtmi:

:24:

Thanks for the smile this morning.

LindaLou, don't let it bother you, countless times I've typed out a post, previewed it, then chickened out and deleted it. Someday, I'll quit doing that - I hope.

LindaLou, as others said, post away. My postcount is rather low for the time I'm on board as well.

Usually something I want to say has been said by someone cleverer than me already. Or I don't post cos I think no-one would be interested.

Other times I'm just happy to give a hug, encourage or let a person know I agree/disagree with them.

Come on, share with us what you want to get off your chest or just join along.

Hugs

I think, if you'll take the risk, that you will experience the fact that we've valued you long before your ever let us get to really know you.

I think that by you making this post right here, that you're actually breaking the ice, allowing others to reach out and affirm that not only is it ok to 'ramble' along with the rest of us, but that we truly do hope that you share more.

There is alot of very important information on this site that people have shared over the years. That alone, is not what this site is about. We could all do searches on google to find out the facts like that.

MrsS is kinda like a huge kitchen table that goes around the world. Here we are all sitting at this table, sharing various, mundane things, not just because they're so critically important that everyone needs to know...but because they are the things that touch our hearts, or touch our minds, or touch or lives or even our funny bones.

We always have room for 'one more' at this "roundtable". In fact, there's a seat next to me, that I've saved just for you. Your id is one that I remember and is not foreign to me.

((((ll))))

Take a look at my 'stats' - lots of numbers there, hm?

I lurked for 2 years (!) before I ever signed up and posted.

It still seems strange to me that not everyone knows the same things I do; they seem normal as I've done them my entire life.

I'll bet you're in the same situation, thinking you have nothing to 'put in the pot' that someone else couldn't do better.

Trite? Even if it's the fifth in a row of 'I tried it too, and loved/hated the results', it's helpful to someone.

Post, post, post, post, post!!! :cheer: Let us cheer for you!

Michael is absolutely right. I have learned so much from the posts on the WH thread. Others have thought of things or brought up things that I just wasn't thinking of or that I never even knew. And I can't even begin to count the times I've learned something from a persons post here over the years. It's WHY I'm here, to learn. Yes, I like to help others too but I consider a day without learning a wasted day. Never be afraid to post, and don't be shy. We all have expertise that we can share. Even just a kindness means a whole lot to others.

(((((LindaLou))))))

Kind of like standing up in the front of the class and having to read a report. Just thing of usKind of like standing up in the front of the class and having to read a report. Just thing of us all without clothes on and you will be fine. LOL

Come to thing about it I bet some of us ARE without clothes on when we type (he,he). :24: all without clothes on and you will be fine. LOL

:24::24::24::24::24::24: Wiping eyes...that brought back a couple of speaking class lessons. :lol: Thank you!.

LindaLou, I know posting is not always easy...I can tell you that because I've been posting for several years and I JUST figured out how to get a quote in a box..... :huh:

Come on up to the Pioneer Living forum and 'play' with us there. :D

At times I have the time and post - other times - like now that I am working full time, I just dont have the time to 'play' So I post when something really stands out. The fun posts aren't happening. But I know that sometimes I have posted and it has been what someone else needed and they have told me in a PM, that makes the effort all worth while :) but for the other 1515 posts I have made, well I just contributed something, because it is as people say something that threads grow, ideas are confirmed as being viable or not and we all learn. we learn about prepping and cooking and gardening and so many other areas, we have a laugh at what otheres have done or jokes that are told, we cry at other posts, but we also learn about each other and become the family that is found here at MrsS. And that family was so important and so supportive to me in the last 12 months. Some of what I posted had nothing to do with prepping - it had to do with ME and my life and in the last 12 months I survived the sadness of life with the support of this family here at Mrs S.

So whether you post something profound or not is not the point, just post because you can. Maybe in Daily Diary, where it is light hearted most of the time you can get used to posting, soon you will find it easier :bighug2:

Linda Lou--I still feel like that quite often. Hard to put my two cents in sometimes. If there is something I really want to talk to someone about, I sometimes send a Private Message first to whoever started the thread. Also the shoutbox has helped me get over being so shy, too. Mik

I'm so glad you posted this, because I am sure there are a lot of people who feel shy about posting. There are so many people who post only once in awhile, but we value everyone's contributions and you never know who you will help, inspire, or encourage by your post. And I certainly think that there is plenty of room for posts that are just for fun!

It's a like a huge kitchen, as Darlene said, and we sit and visit and enjoy each others company. Some of us talk alot, some of us not so much. We like to hear what everyone has to say though so please pull your chair up to the table and start chatting. You can sit next to Darlene if you'd like BUT beware, there may a reason why there's an empty chair there......sorry boss, I couldn't resist! :)

You can sit next to Darlene if you'd like BUT beware, there may a reason why there's an empty chair there......sorry boss, I couldn't resist! :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...you are so busted! lolol

SWAT!

Ok, so maybe there's a chair there because I talk alot! lol I can try to be more quiet.

I said "try".

lol

DEE! :wave::happy0203: It's great to see YOU post again. I'm really glad to see that.

((((((Dee)))))))

Archived