MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Please pray for Kay/ColcordMama

Lynnee

I just heard that Kay had emergency surgery for a brain aneurysm. She is in ICU and is doing well so far. Less than 24 hours after surgery, she was able to have a conversation on the phone.

Kay and I met here at MrsS, and Kay introduced my husband and I. I know there are still people here who love her and would want to know.

Thanks!

I talked to Kay a little bit ago, and she is doing pretty well. She is able to speak and walk without any compromise. Basically, this was a hemorrhagic stroke, and could have been so very much worse!

Kay has been to a couple of the early MrsS reunions, prior to 2000, and is a prolific writer. She would use her friends' names and characteristics in her writing, and it would always leave you wanting more! I know Homey, Snowmom, Cat, MountainMommy, Becca-Anne, and Darlene would all know and remember her.

She will be in the hospital for a week or two. She is by no means totally out of the woods yet, and once a person has a stroke, they are more likely to have another. If we need to go to Phoenix, I will let y'all know. Thank you for the prayers! Hugs!

I talked to Kay a little bit ago, and she is doing pretty well. She is able to speak and walk without any compromise. Basically, this was a hemorrhagic stroke, and could have been so very much worse!

Kay has been to a couple of the early MrsS reunions, prior to 2000, and is a prolific writer. She would use her friends' names and characteristics in her writing, and it would always leave you wanting more! I know Homey, Snowmom, Cat, MountainMommy, Becca-Anne, and Darlene would all know and remember her.

She will be in the hospital for a week or two. She is by no means totally out of the woods yet, and once a person has a stroke, they are more likely to have another. If we need to go to Phoenix, I will let y'all know. Thank you for the prayers! Hugs!

Can you e-mail me? I live nearby (we occasionally run into each other in Walmart) and just went to e-mail her dd, but then realized I only have her old e-mail address on this computer.

My email is homescoolrn at wildblue.net (home's cool, not home school)

Thanks,

Marjorie

Marjorie, just sent you an email.

Kay had access to her daughter's laptop earlier today, and posted the following:

"Update!! Hey everybody it's me! My DD loaned me her laptop for a few so here I am in bed checking in with ya.

I had a huge aneurysm with three vessels coming out of it, so it was a bad one and it was bleeding into my braid (Sub arachnoid I think they said) but the good news is, I'm in one of the top hospitals in the US for this, Barrow Neurological Institute, and my doctor is quite literally world famous - his name is Spetzler if you want to Google him. He opened a flap of skin and skull on the right side of my head and went in and clipped the aneurism, and in recovery told me "It couldn't have gone better."

I hve developed pneumonia, tho, so I still crave your prayers, and I'm grateful for you lifting me up to Him so far. DOn't know when I'll be able to update again, I'll probably be in her for another week. Maybe Lynne can keep you informed for me. Thank you all!"

She sounded very much like her old self today, and I am very encouraged! Thanking y'all for your prayers, and thanking God for His blessing!

I just wanted everyone to know that Kay was discharged from the hospital to HOME today! This is absolutely miraculous and amazing!

First, a lot of people who have the type of stroke/aneurysm that Kay experienced do not live long enough to make it to the hospital. Of those that do, about 50% do not survive the first 30 days, and those who do survive have compromised speech of physical disabilities. Kay has NONE of these difficulties! They did a scan of her head earlier, and everything is absolutely normal, no residual problems whatsoever. Second, she went straight home, not to a step-down unit or to rehab, but HOME!

I have to say that God has been good, and thata Kay's outcome is by no means "normal." Thank you all so much for praying for her!!

:darlenedance::woohoo::cheer::pray::amen::cele:

Archived