MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

MidnightMom, GS only owes 1,400 on his car now. He only paid just over $4000 on the car over 2 years ago. He should have already had it paid for. But he decided to skip payments so here he is paying late fees and still has a car payment because he won't listen to anyone. So, he learns the Hardway but that doesn't seem to work for him either as he doesn't care. 

I was looking at his lab results. I made him call the doctor this morning about his culture. Not sure what doctor told him on that. But His Liver counts are off the charts. All are well over 450. Mono is a factor in that. But he does not eat right, He doesn't drink alcohol a lot but when he does its more than he should drink at one time. Plus, the pot he was smoking. There are other factors as I'm sure he has fatty liver as well. But doctor wants him to come back Wednesday for labs and to see her again on Monday next week. So will see what is going on. I am sure they will want an ultrasound as well. He will stay at my house after work on Tuesday night as he has to be at doctor's office at 7:45 on Wednesday morning. He won't make that with traffic from Norfolk. With all this going on it may be December before he can enlist in Coast Guard. 

On the other hand, I got clothes washed this morning and went through more boxes. I have almost all of them emptied now. Just going through some things and lots of papers now. Think I can have a barn fire with all the papers I need to get rid of. Will put that in a box for my wood stove for starting a fire with. Much easier than shredding them. Or buy another fire pit which I want anyway. But put that on hold for a while. 

• Like 2

Blessedhomemaker, I somehow missed your post.  I to had missed a lot of church. a few months of missing it. I started back again 2 weeks ago. Told GS he cannot come to my house and spend the day on Sundays anymore. He was a big reason I was missing church. 

I agree with the underwear. I switched to Hains. It has been a long while since I bought any but so far, they have held up. And yes, underwear is getting very expensive now. If you do decide to get the whole house generator, you will love it. We have been fortunate that we haven't lost electricity in a long while. But when we do that generator kicks in and we are good to go.

• Like 1

I sort of feel like I need a whole house generator out in Indiana. Mostly for my freezer. The power goes out all the time out there. I don't know for how long each time but it seems like every time I go over there the clocks are all blinking. I'm not there when the power does go out and even if I were, I'm not strong enough to start a regular gasoline generator. I haven't lost any food yet. I have popsicles in the freezer and so far they are all in the upright position. . 

• Like 3

Jeepers,  

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/power/generac-generators.html?msclkid=e5a405678cc11f27411b606f7a794a7c&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand - Generac&utm_term=generac&utm_content=Generac 

Generac can be installed and run monthly, on its own, to maintain its consistency, then, when power goes out, it automatically kicks in…. depending upon the size & install you get.  I think Littlesister said she has one that does that, also.  Good investment for when power cuts off for long periods of time.  

We have a smaller portable Generac, it will keep our frig, freezer & portable AC unit running, if we need ….God willing we will never ‘need’ it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonight….. 

History first…. We went to the lake.  Gunner was swimming out to DH, a honey bee was buzzing him and he snapped at it…dogs do that.  Except, it stung him under his lip.  I was sitting on the bank and he was struggling trying to spit it out, while running out of the water, coming to me.  I found the stinger still attached, removed it, but his lip, jaw, and his whole side of his face began to swell….  I called for DH, ‘we needed to go home’.  He got out of the water, we packed up and left.  It took a couple of days for all the swelling to go away.  Now, Gunner is terrified by honeybees…

…back to yesterday…. We were only able to find and kill 2 flies for ‘Spot’. It hung around for a while, before searching for ants & heading for bed.  

….today….. I found a few, this morning, smacked them, put them under a saucer. By the time, ‘Spot’ comes out, from wherever he’s been, I had managed to collect 7 flies.  I was cooking dinner, no lizard, BBQ Top Serloin & salad.  DH goes out, and there’s Spot.  He began feeding it.  The flies I had whacked and others he found outside.  I came back out and he said he fed him 11 flies and one mosquito.  The little lizard was just laying there with a full tummy.  DH went in to eat, while I was sitting there, Gunner went to get a drink of water, backed off, because there was a “spicy fly” (honey bee) on the edge of his water dish.  I whacked it, Gunner got a drink…. but ‘spot’ was still waiting for more.  I whacked the bee again, it stung the flyswatter, and I dropped it by ‘Spot’.  Told DH…. He says his name is now “Spike”. If he’ll eat bees, he needs a name that represents his attitude…..  :008Laughing:

• Haha 4

Project Manager called. Wanted me to clear out the dining room so they can start in there. I really didn't feel much like it but I don't want to be the cause of a hold up either. I told him I could do it all except for the dining room table and chairs. Turns out I left one box on the floor today that's too heavy for me to move. I could have divided it up into two different grocery bags but to be honest, I was just too tired. They can move it or work around it. I also told him that if they would get rid of the blasted kitchen sink and door still out there...then I could move some stuff out of the house onto that side of the garage. I'm getting too old for this crap. But on a brighter side I did get some much needed exercise. 

The last time I was there (Friday?) the front door wouldn't deadbolt. Guys messed it up by not securing the stationary door. It's a double door. That is fixed now but the guys didn't lock the door when they left today.

I hope I'm not going to have an issue but my Spidey Senses were raised just a little bit today.  P.M. called and said he made a big error. He took the key out of the lock box to Lowes to have another one made. But the guy who makes them wasn't there so P.M. put it back in his pocket and forgot to return it to the lock box. So he was just telling me that because he knew I was going over there today and he left the side door, going into the garage, unlocked for the crew tomorrow.  I use my garage door opener to get in so it was a moot point for me. Hummm.  He could have used one of those auto key makers at Lowes but I get it. I don't like those either. But...

My real question is why did he feel like he needed a door key to my house? The door key is right there in the lockbox on the door knob. Anytime he goes over there the key is right there in the box. So I suppose he has a key to my house at his disposal now. Not so much an issue now but after construction is finished... And how many other guys have made a key. If he hadn't expected me to go over there today I'll bet he wouldn't have told me he was getting an extra key made. He would have just returned the original key. Yesterday, out of the blue he asked me where my other house was. He couldn't remember if it was Indy or Penn. We weren't making small talk at the time. What difference does it make? There is not much of value left in the house now. Just me alone there in the future. I'm no prize but dang. Maybe it's just me being paranoid. But locks WILL be changed AGAIN as soon as they are all finished. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Thank you Annarchy!  :hug3:

That is a big help because I had no idea how much they were. I got it bookmarked. There is a Generac dealer not too far from my house. At least I have a ballpark figure now. I have been saving up for one so by next year I should be good. I couldn't do it all at once right now. I don't know if I want the entire house or just some of it. I sort of think if I only get part of it I'll regret not doing the whole house in a couple of years and by then it will cost too much to upgrade. Better to save a little longer I think and get it all done at once. As I said, the power does go off out there pretty often. It's an REMC. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

Maybe it's just me being paranoid. But locks WILL be changed AGAIN as soon as they are all finished. 

Absolutely a good call…don’t forget….if you do, I’ll try to remind you….  :coffeescreen:

Other than that, I got a call from the cardio…. The hospital tried to call… they used DH’s prefix & my land line number…. Good grief… I called them…. The authorization expires by Friday….. I leave Wednesday for TX.  be back on Sunday evening . (MIL needs bean soup, she called saying she only had a couple left.  :rolleyes:  This week, I made her 34 bags, 1 1/2 cup bags.  Dated & frozen.  Plus the rest of the stuff I need to bring.). The cardio will try to get an extension on the authorization, and I will wait for the appointment call.  

Went to get DH’s meds, on Friday, the pharmacy was on lock down…. Went today, and asked why…an escapee was in the area.  Meh…typical for our area….. 8 prisons in our town….we get notifications, a LOT….  I could tell some stories…but won’t….  :icon19:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Poor 'little' Gunner.  Hee-Hee. When Carlene and her service dog were electrocuted it made a buzzing sound. From that moment on every time a fly buzzed by her great big Great Dane, he would run and try to hide. Not easy for a Dane to hide. And from a fly.  :008Laughing:

Spike is gonna be huge. Mr, Annarchy = a boy and his dog lizard.

here lizard lizard - Google Search    :24:

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

Poor 'little' Gunner

OMG…..little!?!?  Dude weighs 145 lbs!  Vet wants him on a diet!!!    :coffeescreen:

He takes up the whole area in the hallway….  He stands 3 1/2 ‘ tall!  At least!  I use him as a cane, when I’m having trouble walking, he stiffens and supports me……. Good boy……..Coon hound…mixed….

IMG_8012.jpeg

We call it ‘hop-scotching’ the dog…….

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

AZ lizards….but, I didn’t see Spike in those pics…. I will keep looking, because it’s becoming a pet….for DH…. :rolleyes:

Found it…. Desert Spiny Lizard….  You just have to scroll down a bit.  

We have, at least, 10-20 of the lizards listed in both those links, in our yard.  3-5 geckos on the porch screens at night and uncountable amounts under our front porch light…not including the tiny babies we have to put back outside….   “Oh, BTW, there’s a gecko in the…________…room”.

I like them because they eat bugs….  I hope they multiply…. :008Laughing:

• Like 3

I haven't seen lizards of any kind around here in a long time. To many people use chemicals on their lawns and I am wondering if that is why we don't see them anymore. 

Taking a much-needed break right now. Trying to finish up the living room and get ready to mop that floor and dust. Then moving a couple of pieces of furniture in there and get that room set up. But not buying any living room furniture until GS has gone to boot camp. He puts his dirty feet all over my furniture and I will have to call someone to clean the den furniture as it is. Going to eventually replace the den furniture as well but will be a couple of years down the line before I do it. So, I would like it to be clean until then. I think Stanley Steamer does that. So, will be checking with them at a later date. The material on couches is dry clean only. I didn't know that when we bought it 26 years ago. Need to finish the windows in office and get curtains put up again. Hoping to get that done this afternoon. 

• Like 2

Was up at 5 this morning. Walked first.
Walked dogs.
Made smoothies for 3 days.
Baked 2 rolls of sugar cookies that I had mixed up and frozen back in January.
Delivered cookies to a few places and people.
Went to Post office and local grocery for DH's bananas. My friend was there so gave her a ride home.
Put the S&S venison and veggie broth PC'd last week away.
Done for today unless I try a crockpot bread recipe that I printed earlier.

I would definitely change the locks as soon as they are done.  Right then, @Jeepers.  You have too much invested to have anything stolen-like your back pack, etc.

I love Spike!  I used to have dog named Spike the wonder dog.  Maybe Spike the wonder Lizard!  @Annarchy

• Like 2

GS left a bit ago for work.  He cooked and ate 7 eggs. That's a lot of eggs. Seems he's getting his appetite. back. And I am betting he will start eating out again. He is going to blow it as far as me helping him get his bills straight. That is one of the conditions. Said his stove quit at the apartment. I knew 2 burners weren't working. Said he reported it. So, they should be fixing that issue soon.

• Like 1

GS went to doctor early this morning for labs. He will see doctor on Monday. So after today I shouldn't see him again until Sunday night as he has an early morning doctor's appointment. Said he is getting upset about getting into Coast Guard because of Mono and his liver.  Told him to just do what the doctor said. I started him on Milk Thistle as soon as we found out about his very high liver counts. I am thinking it is fatty liver as his diet is bad. Lots of junk food, no veggies, and lots of meat. So, diet must change. He's doing better with that though. 

I need to be working outside but just don't have the energy for that and with my knee I might not get back up off the ground to easy. So will wash the blinds in sewing room I didn't get to like I hoped and get the curtains hung up. Then will gather all the paperwork I need to go through and get that in one place where I can sit down and go through it. What I can throw out I will put by the wood stove and use for fire starter. Will try to get some dusting done as well. I started dusting yesterday but didn't get finished yet. Ceiling fans and such got the one in den done but not the other 3 in bedrooms. I love the ceiling fans, but I hate having to get up there and dust them. But it's a fact of life, I guess. 

Going out to store in a few. out of eggs, bread and such. So small list this time. Then home and back to work. 

• Like 3

Fairly frustrating morning, so far. Walked anyway.
Waiting for a call back from usps. A fellow who placed an order, didn't receive it. He opened a case with usps which has been closed with no record of him receiving the package. The call back is to hopefully find out how the case was resolved. I believe he was reimbursed by usps, but is trying to get money from us through ebay, also. I don't know if they will tell me anything or not and then I need to respond (through ebay) to him. Ultimately, ebay will decide. I am just trying to give them both sides of the story. Sigh
Going to make a meatloaf for dinner.
Do medicare paperwork and call it a day!

I hope everyone has a relaxing day!

• Like 2

I was supposed to meet the lawn guy at the house at 8:30 am. to discuss which shrubs to plant. I'm not a morning person but I agreed. He was a no show. Wants to meet this after noon instead. It wasn't a total wasted trip as I had errands to do over there but it really aggravated me. We need to get shrubs in before winter but no water has held it up. I'm over that too.

While I was at the house a worker was there. He is replacing one of the missing basement windows with glass blocks. I didn't approve that. It will look nice BUT it makes the other three windows look really bad. The house is so old that they can't find anything to match. So, guess who is forking out 1,000. to do all of them in glass blocks. Sigh. That house had better make a profit of some sort. I'm keeping track of my expenses. 

The worker guy turned the water on for me...I think. At least there is some in the basement. They have doors over the garage water spigot so I couldn't test it out there. I need a hose to divert the water away from those doors. It's a little thing but those little annoyances are getting to me.

I told son about Project Manager making an extra key to my house. Just lucky I even found out about it. He was mad. He told me to ask the guy about it. I would probably give that advise too. But I don't want to cross him and have him hold up the job out of spite. I feel like I've come this far and I don't want to rock the boat with further delays. Sigh. Rock meet the hard place. So, all of you guys know about it and son knows about it and I just emailed D-ex about it. If he starts acting strange toward me I will alert the police. They know my situation from before. And I could be totally wrong in my suspicions. He might have had a good reason for having a key made. But I don't know of any. He could have asked me for a spare. I have plenty. Ugh.

Housekeeping was here today. I hate when they come. I always have to find someplace to go. I told her not to bother until next week. Just empty the trash. She seemed relieved and a little frazzled. She said over half of the hotel staff was out with the virus that is going around. Great. Son said G-son has it too. All he wanted today was Panera soup. He didn't even want to go to Ninja Kids class today so we know he is sick. Sigh. Don't you just hate it when your kids are sick. 

UTI doesn't really feel much better but nothing showed up on the AZO pee stick so I guess I'll live. 

After more than the allotted time, the stick did show a UTI. Will repeat the test tonight then call doctor tomorrow.  Sigh.

I'm just grumpy today. 

Edited by Jeepers
Added Info
  • Sad 5

Jeepers, I hope your GS gets better soon and your son and his wife don't get it. I was wondering if the guy that made that extra key could have been the one that also robbed you. Having an extra key could be a reason for coming back to rob you again. Something to think about. But nothing at this point you can do about it without proof. But it is strange to have a lock box for them and he makes a new key. Hope you can get the shrubs in soon. And I hope you feel better as you didn't need a UTI with everything else you have going on. 

Miki, I hope you get USPS straight with Ebay.

I finished the dusting and then went to store for a few things I was out of. GS was here but he didn't try to sleep before going into work. So don't know how much sleep he got as he got back here from work this morning at about 1am. He is at work now and is going back to his apartment after work. So, I won't see him before Sunday night when he has to go to the doctors. He is worried that he won't be over mono before he goes into Coast Guard. So, I had him set a date as the doctor is retesting him for it and checking as to why his liver counts are so high. Hopefully he will be fine. But he will drive me crazy between now and boot camp. I am counting the weeks as I am ready for him to go. He's back to doing stupid stuff again. He really does not think things through before doing it either. Going to try to get into the shed tomorrow. I really need to get some things out of there along with that material. I want to go through that to see what I want to keep and what goes. 

I have made several trips to Goodwill, and I still seem to have too much stuff. Craft, sewing supplies and office supplies. It is a lot. But hopefully I can get it all organized in a way that I can find what I need when I need it. The front bedroom has one area for office, one for sewing and one for crafts. So, it will be tight but can make it all workout. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It wasn't him who robbed me because that company wasn't at the house during that time. Just the demo guys from ServePro and there wasn't a lock box on the door during that time. I was going over there every morning to let those guys in. Sometimes I was there when they left and sometimes I wasn't. The Project Manger has only been involved for about a month or maybe two. Today for some reason, before I left, I decided to check that lock box on the doorknob. There is no key in there. And after someone takes the key out to unlock the door, they are supposed to twirl the tumbler things to mess up the code. Today the tumblers were set on the code. All I had to do was push the button and the lockbox door came open.   :sigh:

Lawn guy showed up. We figured out where to put shrubs and he will get me an estimate the end of the week. Maybe plant Saturday or Sunday. Depending on the weather I suppose. We tried the water. It's on in the basement but not in the garage. He told me not to worry about it because he has a big sprayer thing in the back of his truck and he will water for me. He thinks this is a very good time to plant as most of the hot weather is over and some autumn rain should be starting soon. But we didn't have any hot weather this year at all. Most of the time we didn't even get in the 80's. He said his plants are guaranteed so "don't worry" about them. Don't worry, famous last words, huh. 

And the biggest disappointment of all...my pre-ordered Stones CD that was supposed to arrive today...didn't. Better be there tomorrow. I ain't in the mood for those shenanigans. :angry:

Haven't heard about G-son. No news is good news. Son is in Indianapolis this week doing some kind of job training. The new carpet in their house is messed up. Seems at the end of the job they noticed there was a different dye lot and they got two different shades of carpet. So they are being delayed moving in for a week or two until the company can get their act together. The nerve! What is it with people these days! Luckily they haven't put their house up for sale yet so there is no urgency. Just disappointment and a delay moving some stuff in. Company said they would take some money off. I told them NO! Every time they looked at that carpet, they would see the difference and it would drive them nuts. That's not what they paid for. Customer service stinks these days. 

• Sad 4

Jeepers we had an issue with the carpet install 2 houses ago, they placed the line for the 2nd piece of carpet 2 feet inside the front door and then cut it crooked so it didn't even line up well. The quality of the carpet was so bad it was very obvious. We fought to get it fixed but did not get it done to our satisfaction and never got it resolved to our satisfaction. They cut another small piece and straightened the cut so it matched better but it was still visible. Did sell the house but I was very upset about it I felt it really lowered our ability to attract buyers. It really is true that customer service is dead now.

Littlesister hope your GS liver improves. The good news is if he changes now liver is good at recovering and can regenerate healthy cells. Hopefully the mono clears up for him soon but it can take awhile to get healthy.

Miki hope you can get the issue resolved on that package

Annarchy in your area lizards are a great outdoor pet :)

Today was long workday. I didn't stop until 6:30pm and then just ate dinner and put the chickens to bed. I harvested some basil and chopped it and froze it in ice cubes. Ben didn't know why someone had made a huge mess and smashed plants into the ice cube trays and threw one away before we could explain. :yuk:It was funny. :24: Fortunately I have a ton of basil left.

• Haha 3