MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Tomatoes? I have been living on tomatoes. Just tomatoes and salt, Tomato-onion sandwiches, tomato-bacon-onion sandwiches, tomato-cucumber salad, tomato-onion-cucumber salad...I've been buying them 8 at a time from a little fruit/veg stand up the street. I will definitely look up IC too. I wondered if it might have been something I've been eating a lot of, but never thought about tomatoes. :misc-smiley-231:

I have a long planned dr appointment on the 12th. and I think I'm going to take him up on his offer to see an allergist. He suggested it because of my antibiotic allergies and wondered what other antibiotics I could possibly take in an emergency. I did place an order for cipro but because of the holiday, the order won't be processed until Tuesday. They ship fast though. I didn't think $65.00 for 200 was bad since it's the only one I can take. I'm going to keep one bottle in Oh. and one in IN. I only need a course of 6 of them per issue. 

Thank You Mother. :hug3:

• Like 3

Jeepers, tomatoes do not have to show up as an allergen to cause IC.  A urologist should know about IC. An allergist may or may not???  

• Like 3

Working in house today. Paid bills as well. Just need to remember to get them in mailbox on Tuesday. But at least that is out of the way. 

Jeepers, I hope you get relieve from the UTI soon. They are no fun. 

Got a call from next-door neighbor just as I was leaving to go to store and fill up gas tank. She wanted me to come have dinner with them. But I passed on it this time. 

Then while in the store, my other neighbor wanted me on dog duty again today. I didn't answer cell phone as I was in line checking out at store. Got home and put groceries away and then looked to see who texted me. Yep, again she's asking me to let dog out but waited till this afternoon to say something. She has done this stuff before and it keeps me from going anywhere on weekends. Need to break that up again. I don't mind doing it but please how about letting me know in advance. Not at the last second. That poor dog had been in house by herself since early this morning.

GS is coming over right after his new job tomorrow. He's off Monday for his full-time job for the holiday. So, we will have a cookout and he plans on helping me with the flower beds. 

I picked tomatoes today as more did ripening but thinking of pulling everything out now. Just use what's left for fried green tomatoes or something else. Maybe green tomato relish to can up or something if I have enough to do it. Rest of garden other than the tromboncino is done. Will take GS to either Home Depot or Lowe's for lime, mulch and some other things I will need for both flower beds and garden for next year. Thinking I better get fertilizer now while I still can as well. He can do the lifting for me. 

• Like 6

Spent the day mostly doing laundry. Got DH to move the big tool chest with drawers from the shed to the back porch. I'm tired of tools all over the house that never get put away. Have a plan to put just the ones we use often there, and the ones that are used less frequently like painting supplies and plumbing supplies in bins in the basement. No one ever seems willing to go back out of the shed to put things back, but if a project is in the works, we can pull the bin, do the project then put it back and since it's in the house it will be more accessible in bad weather or the heat. Hoping this will keep my art room free of tools

• Like 4

Ack!  DH came home with a nasty head cold on Thurs...which immediately shared with me by Friday.  Been hacking and coughing....deep in the chest.  I'm prone to bronchitis and .... :sigh:  ...this is a holiday weekend.  I didn't get to sleep on Friday nite until 7am Sat morning.  Slept 3 hrs and awake/miserable.  Sheeesh!  We don't usually catch anything but this hit hard.  Got more sleep last nite but woke at 6:30am.  Went back to bed and woke at 10am....and couldn't figure out why it was still so early.   I did manage to shower/wash hair and dry/straighten/fix it.  Then I was exhausted again.  

Fell asleep watch our pastor from O'ahu.  :sigh:    so wiped out.  I think we'll just stop by the emergency room so I can start on a Z-pack.  My coughing is deep like a bass drum.  And frequent.  I'm just wiped out.  Supposed to talk to grief counselor Tues but ...I'd just cough my way thru it so I'll reschedule.  DH is mostly winding his germ warfare up by now but mine isn't budging!  :fever:  I've had a temp of 100.8* and 100.0*  today.  :0327:  

Yuk!

MtRider  ...we all have something going on! 

• Sad 4

Rough start this morning. Tripped over DH's clear oxygen hose which come out of machine at knee height and was caught under fridge door on opposite doorway. Went sprawling face first with left arm straight forward. That's the shoulder I fell on last year and has arthritis in it, and yes, I am left handed also. At first, I couldn't move it at all, just held it. Then slowly moved it and felt it pop back into joint. As it's a holiday, clinic is closed. Yikes. Still feel kind of banged up. Can't take anything for pain or I will have to cancel Thursday's lithotripsy.

Next I walked and fed dogs.
Cut up carrots for dog treats.
Started laundry- DH is helping a bit.
Still need to go out and pull up snap bean plants out of lick tubs.
I feel like tomorrow may be rougher than today.

@Mt_Rider!  Hope you and your DH are better soon!  I'm hoping you got your Z pack!

• Sad 5

Went shopping. :D

So, I needed a camera. All I have is the phone which isn't horrible but I knew what I wanted. I wanted a good camera that I can stick on my car window/dash and video while I'm driving. I know I probably won't be going back to PA after I move. It will be too far to drive from the west side of Indiana to the east side of Pennsylvania. Not in one day and not by myself. I want to record some of my driving around the tourist areas. Also some of the walking around the stores etc. I want the memory movies. My last hurrah. Also around Ohio too. Then I thought about videoing some canning sessions. My DIL has shown some interest in canning and I could leave that for her. G-son loves to see himself on video. He thinks it's the funniest thing ever. And it's waterproof. 

I went to Best Buy and bought a GoPro. Sigh. Amazon had the same thing for the same price but I'd have to order it and chance having it stolen on the porch before I got to it. And there are people working at the house and I already went through one robbery. It was on sale for Labor Day and somehow I got an extra sale for being a rewards member. I didn't even know about that. Anyway I saved $100.00. I didn't get the bundle because I would never use all of the accessories. I didn't even know what most of them were for. I did order a small bundle from Amazon with a little tripod and dash mount etc. Less than $20.00 and extra batteries with a charger. I usually regret making large purchases but I'm glad about this one because I know I'll use it and get the good out of it. No buyers remorse on this one. I'm kinda tired of saving up and buying stuff for Y3K that I'm probably never going to use KWIM? This one is for me that I know I'll get the good out of it. Justifying already? 

Tomorrow I have to go to the house to meet with the city dude to see if my electric passes. I sure hope it does. I got the old tool box in my Jeep to trash but all of the dumpsters were full because of the holiday. No trash pick up. Just one day missed and those dumpsters were over flowing! I can't imagine what a strike would look like! Even in a suburban area. I can dump it tomorrow while I'm out again. I'll set it out incase someone else would want it. 

I THINK either the AZO or the oregano oil might be working a little bit. Just a little. I don't know which one, maybe a combination, but the urgency and pain seem to be easing up some. I should have the cipro by the end of the week and I'm taking it regardless. I know that stuff works. I don't like to take it. It makes me nauseous but only for a day or two. And I've have had the hiccups for half and hour. :grinning-smiley-044: 

RIP Jimmy Buffet. 

And isn't Jason Momoa pretty!  Dang.

ATTENTION: BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR!!!

Stones have a new CD out tomorrow! Things are looking up for me!   :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mt. Rider hoping you and your DH are feeling much better. 

Miki, I hope you didn't do any more damage to that arm. 

Was up and out the door at 6am this morning to clean out the flower beds. Pulled up 3 tomato plants also. Will work on them again tomorrow if not too hot. GS came over to wash clothes after work. This was his first day working a part time job. He said it went so fast he ended up working till 3:30. He was supposed to get off at 2pm. So, he is going to have to set his alarm on his cell phone to make sure he takes off to his full-time job. He has to be off at 2pm to get to his other job at 3:30. Though today being a holiday, he was off today for the full-time job. 

Talked with GD today and my DD and SIL are not coming down to help her with baby's room. So, I am going over this weekend to help her out. Her DH is painting the room this week and then I will help her with everything else. GS said he will also come over and help GD's DH put crib together and anything else that he can help with. So, we will make a day of it next Saturday. I had dinner waiting for GS when he got here this afternoon. So, we just sat around and talked about a lot of stuff. He almost has his apartment together. Just a few things his mother gave him that he said is probably more junk. Said all those curtain rods she took over there are no good along with a few other things. So, he trashed them. So, we might be going on a shopping trip in the next couple of weeks. He hasn't unboxed the curtains his mother took over there yet so doesn't know if they will fit the windows or not. He has blinds up so that will do for right now. 

Easy day today other than yard work.

• Like 4

Oh no Miki so sorry you got hurt :hug3:I hope it feels better soon!

Jeepers enjoy the GoPro please let us know how you like it. I've thought about getting one

Littlesister glad your GS likes his part time job.

Sad day here today. Went out to the chicken coop and something (probably a racoon) got 2 of my chickens. My favorite pretty Easter Egger and one of my Buff Orpingtons.  I thought i had it secure enough but I guess not. I just feel bad that I let them down. 

• Sad 5

Aw Becca_Anne, I'm sorry that happened.  Such a  horrible find. :(  It is so hard to keep them 100% safe. Raccoons are the worst because of their hands. I'm glad some of them were spared.

Will let you know about the camera whenever I use it. I got the GoPro 11. It's the newest one. I was going to get the 10 series because it was cheaper but I wanted to get the newest one so I could learn to use it once and not worry about an upgrade and starting all over again. I am terrible with electronics. Plus, I'll hang on to it forever. It will probably be my one and only camera.

AND, I just saw where the 12 series is coming out this month.  :misc-smiley-231:  I'll read up on it and possibly return it for an exchange. But only if it's really better. I haven't opened the box yet.  :sigh:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Becca Anne, sorry to hear about the chickens.  Hopefully you can figure out the issue and fix it so raccoons can't get in there again. 

Jeepers, I would love to know about that camera. Been thinking about getting a new one as my old one is worn out and beyond updated. Doesn't do well any longer. 

Today, I went to bank to deposit a check and then home to wash clothes. Not going to work in flower beds today as it is already getting very hot outside. So will work in house today. Going through all of my canning supplies to organized them better than before. They are into many boxes. So, need to figure out a better solution. The jars are all set now on shelve in garage but will need to clean off a second shelf for the ones still in shed. Don't think there are too many more out there so should have room for all the extra rings and things. Will only keep a few in pantry to use. Then if I need more, I can get them off garage shelf. That way I am not cluttering up the pantry with all of it. 

• Like 4

Good morning! Found out I can take tylenol- sparingly. Really want to get the lithotripsy done Thursday on the 8mm stone!
Walked first and then fed and walked dogs.
Next, will can some tomatoes. Small batch.
Thaw jalapenos to can tomorrow. Trying to whittle down chest freezer.
Make a few business calls.
That's enough.

I'm so sorry about your chickens @Becca_Anne!  I hope you can get the coop secured quickly!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm a looser. I have been trying all day to make 5 simple mats for some small prints. I'm just using construction paper with scissors as the frames are VERY shallow. I went through all of my paper and not a single one turned out. I needed to go to the store to get one of those window shade things. My car was boiling hot when I went out today. So I stopped in JoAnn's for some more paper. That store has gotten strange. I found some paper and saw a small paper cutter. I have a mat cutter...in Indiana. I went to take it off of the hanging peg and noticed a red knob at the end. When I touched it a voice came from someplace saying assistance was on its way. I waited and waited. Finally I had to go to the cutting table and wait for help. I asked her if they really needed such a large inexpensive item locked up. Not in a snippy way. Much more expensive items in the store are not locked up. It was only around $25.00 She said 'Oh, yes! You'd be surprised what all walks out of here!' I told her no I wouldn't. Not in this day and age. She just handed the cutter to me and I walked around the store for a minute. I noticed some tee shirts. I really need to stop buying those. I only saw very few. The shirts looked a little different so I touched one. All that time I thought I was in Michaels. :rolleyes:   Another voice came from someplace and said. "Hello." I said 'hello' to a young couple standing there and they started to laugh. I thought they had said hello to me. He pointed upward and there was another one of those orb cameras and it was blinking. So I guess they are taking the place of the sales clerks because there was only one clerk and one person on the register. 

By that time I was really freaked out. Such an odd feeling. While standing at the register I looked up and there were all of these round orbs hanging from the ceiling watching. I know I'm being watched everywhere I go now but to be addressed by them was creepy. It felt like one of those old sci-fi movies. I will probably only go there if I need fabric and not crafts now. Again, all that time I thought I was in Michaels.

I got the sun screen for the Jeep and It is huge. It says universal size but it doesn't fit mine. Unless I'm doing something wrong. Dang, Suppose I'm going to have to Google how to set a sun screen across my window. Sigh. 

Electric company told me they were going to inspect the house between 1:00-3:00. I got there right at noon. They had already been and gone. So I don't know if it passed or not. Project Manager didn't return my call. I'll give him until tomorrow before I call the office. I know he was on vacation but was supposed to be back this week? Hope he is okay. It isn't like him to not call. At least there were some guys there working. 

• Sad 5

Wow! Jeepers. I haven't been to JoAnne fabrics in a while. I will be in Newport News on Saturday so will need to stop by there on my way home from GD's house. 

Gotta love the city. Tell you one thing and do another. I hope it all passed.

Went to bank first thing this morning then came home and got busy. Hot outside today though. So will try to work in yard tomorrow if it is a bit cooler. 

Got clothes washed and main bathroom cleaned up but just need to mop the floor. Cleaned kitchen and then went into the front bedroom trying to decide should I go ahead and paint that room. Nothing is in there now so it would be much easier to do it now than to put everything in there and have to move it all around to paint later. Decisions, decisions. I just want my house back together like yesterday. Might go get the paint tomorrow. I have everything else to paint with. Was looking at the ceiling and that looked good so just a dusting and I think that will be fine. 

Miki, hope all goes well on Thursday. Will be praying for a fast recovery and the stone will pass with no issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jeepers hope the inspection passed! 

Miki glad you can take something for the pain. And hope your lithotripsy happens on schedule!

Littlesister hope you can get your canning jars/supplies organized how you like. I need to get mine in more organized fashion as well I have jars in one place, lids in another, the canners in 2 different places and the accessories in another place. They really should all go in the same area so I can find them. Project for fall once I've got more time.

Back to work today after a long break, feeling really down today though. 4 chickens still in the coop today though so hopefully they will stay safe. DH went out with me to look at the fortifications we need to make. More hardware cloth for sure. And I think I know how they got in now so fixed that. We'll see depends on how big it is there is no way to secure the building I have the coop/run in 100% but they are not in the run at night now so that hopefully will help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Walked first this morning.
Walked dogs.
Next is ebay photos for DH.
Peanut Butter will get a bath.
I have some frozen okra to thaw and bread to fry-then re-freeze.
That will be it. Only got 4 hours and 15 minutes sleep last night.

I won't be on the board in the morning as I have to be at hospital at 7:30 for the lithotripsy. Please say a prayer.  Only way it would be cancelled is if they test me positive for covid and I have no symptoms at all.

• Like 3

:pray: for Miki for all to go well tomorrow. 

Jeepers, hope you are able to find out if the inspection passed or not today. Hoping all went well. 

Went outside early this morning and pulled up the main garden. Too hot to do anymore out there now. It hopefully will be a bit cooler next week. Hot all this week from what they are saying. But at least I can get the main garden area ready for next year. The other one is still producing a little so will keep that going for a bit longer. Otherwise, will be working in house for rest of week. Need to load up car for Goodwill drop. 

I am itching all over from pulling up squash and cucumber plants. Need to get a shower to stop the itch. Needed to sit down and drink water first. 

• Like 3

Will be thinking and praying for Miki tomorrow. Hoping for a pain free, speedy recovery!     :pray:   :hug3:   :pray:

House passed electrical inspection!  :woohoo:

At least I won't have an electrical fire to worry about. Will put prospective buyers mind at ease too. 

Stones CD comes out in America on Oct. 20. I'm pre-ordered. LOL.  Saw an interview with them with Jimmy Fallon. It is awesome. Spent the rest of the day on Youtube rockin' and a rollin'   :band:

I'm still working on those pictures trying to get them matted. I've decided to use one mat instead of two for now. It just isn't working out for me right now. I'm so over them. Maybe add another one when I can concentrate better. Wish I lived close to Euphrasyne. She would have had them done. 

And I actually Googled about that car windshield shade. :sigh:  It said to use the visors to help hold it in at the top. My dashboard isn't flat. The area above the steering wheel arches up. That might be some of the problem. Who would have thought I couldn't figure out how to use a simple thing like that. Don't answer. It's raining or else I'd go try it out. Video has had "60,239 views May 22, 2022".  So...:24:     

How To Use A Sunshade For A Car? - YouTube

Dunkin' Donut is right up at the corner. I saw where they have iced pumpkin spice latte. I haven't had fancy coffee for almost 2 months. I think it's going to happen for me tonight if it stops raining. A chance to try to tame that windshield screen too. Two birds...one stone.  :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's all about the visors folks. I swear, I couldn't navigate this new world without Youtube. Bet you'll think of me next time you struggle with a windshield screen. This is how it's done. :pout:     I strive to educate. One moron at a time. :hi:

Before the advent of Youtube                                      After. Ignore the wrinkles. I personalized it. :D 

image.jpeg        image.jpeg

Probably shouldn't have ordered a large pumpkin, spice, caramel latte. Someone will be wired all night. It's as big as it looks. :o

image.jpeg

• Like 4

The things we learn to accomplish.  Good job Jeepers. I have one somewhere and can't find it. Must be buried in the garage somewhere. That pumpkin spice drink looks good. Now I will have to go get me one. Just not as large. 

Did a bit of cleaning up in house this afternoon. Tired from working outside this morning and then coming in and working on house. Might be an early to bed night. 

• Like 3

Miki will be thinking of you and wishing you a smooth lithotripsy procedure!!

Jeepers so glad your inspection passed and you figured out the sunshield for your car.

Littlesister glad you are taking a rest! Don't want to get overheated.

I'm sad, we lost another chicken. I've got the three remaining ones in a dog crate in the basement overnight while we figure out what else we can do to try to secure the coop/run.

• Sad 5