MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Well it's official...again!

MommyofSeven

I sat here all day fighting nausea and eating saltines, LOL...guess that means I'm officially preggers! Due date should be March 26, which means an April baby in all likelihood LOL.

Just gotta figure out how to tell DH now. All in all, he'll be happy, but initially it will stress him out a bit, and I don't want that to happen. I want to wait until he's not tired or stressed, but with him working 7 days for the next 3 weeks, that isn't going to happen.

Any suggestions?

Mo7

Congratulations! That is wonderful news.

Now, about telling hubby. Here's an idea. Can you get someone to watch the kids for a couple of hours? Fix a nice meal and have some nice conversation, assuming hubby is relaxed enough and just tell him. I don't think I'd beat around the bush with it.

If it were my husband, I'd probably make a game out of it and make him guess. But we don't have any kids so there's a big difference there.

I'm sure you'll figure out a good way of telling him. I'm very happy for you.

My DD put together a little gift bag for her DH. I think she had a book about "What to Expect When Your Wife is Expanding" and some non-alcoholic champagne, stuff like that. Maybe there is a book out there about big families. Maybe get someone to watch the kids and rent Cheaper by the Dozen?

Congratulations! This is great news! Yes, yes to Kaye! We could have a baby shower. I came from family of seven kids and it’s so nice to have lots of siblings. The stories I could tell. DD and DM survived our antics and lived to fairly old age in spite of us little rascals. LOL

Get DH a card and remind him how handsome he is and what beautiful children he makes

Quote:

Kaye

Wooo so many questions and comments

First, Wiccad, I do it through lots of time outs for Mommy, hehe. I make sure to step outside or go in my room with the door closed for at least 10 mins a day so I can just have that time to decompress. I think those really help a lot. The kids know that, that is my time and I do it when the baby is sleeping.

Kaye-This was a happy surprise. After Roan was born, DH was pretty adamant about not having anymore, cause he's feeling old. He'll be 41 next month. I'll be getting my tubes tied with this one. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but overall I think it's the best option. Roan had ABO incompatibility which can get worse with subsequent babies, so we weren't actually supposed to get pregnant again. There's nothing we can do but anticipate that it will be an issue and have everything ready when new baby is born. If Nikki had it, she had no physical symptoms, so that is the outcome we are hopeful for. Worst case scenario requires emergency blood transfusions.

As far as what I need, not a lot. I still have all of Roan's baby clothes, and have a lot of baby girl clothes that came from a mixed lot on Freecycle. I will need some teeny onesies, though, since this will be a spring baby. I have a carseat, bassinette, will need a crib mattress, and, of course, diapers LOL. So, basically, we're pretty set. Oh, I have a swing.

Here's the rundown on what we collectively have

22 yr old step son DH stepson from first marriage-lives in NY
14 year old daughter Mine from first marriage
13 year old son DH son from first marriage-lives with his mom
7 year old son Mine from first marriage
5 year old daughter Ours
9 month old son Ours

So, yes, our quiver will be full. Very "Yours, Mine and Ours" I'm hoping for a girl, but will be happy either way.

I told him last night, it went MUCH better than I expected. He was having a cute little moment with Roan, and I said "So, honey, ready to do this again?" He said "Do what again?" I said "Roan." He kind of looked at me for a minute and then his eyes got big. He sat down and was quiet for awhile, then got back to his normal self. After Roan went down we laid in bed and talked for quite awhile. He was laughing and joking about it all. I told him that he took this one much better than he had Roan, but our circumstances, although money is still tight, are so much better than they were then. He'll be going permanent with the post office in September, provided he passes his civil service test, which means a HUGE pay raise and benefits. I think that helps a lot.

I slept better last night than I have in weeks, I think telling him took a lot of stress off of me. I actually felt rested this morning!

OK, off to fix breakfast, bbiab

Mo7

I'm still young enough to have that baby itch, but I'm also about to be a grandma in Nov. Since there is no chance of me having another one, I'll just have to steal the DGS frequently!

Archived