MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Blame it on Westie and Darlene

zinger

Been a lurker since, and because of, Y2K. You probably won't see me post much because I know a little about a lot of things, but not a whole lot about any one thing. I sew-but not serge, can-but not garden, and will feed the dogs if no one else is home.

Had looked forward to having house alone with DH, but DD (youngest of 3)decided to stay and go to CC in town. Then MIL moved in. With dogs. Now have four of them. Technically, that requires a farm license. (for the dogs, not MIL)

I have been inspired, encouraged, and educated by this forum for years without ever feeling compelled to join in. I have laughed my hiney off at the shenanigans. But when I went through the "Oh DARLENE" thread and nearly peed my pants, well...it was time.

So it's ALL THEIR FAULT!

Shouldn't there be some kind of consequence for that? Like no chocolate or nail polish for a month? That would put a pretty good dent in the party. Hmmm...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See Darlene... zinger didn't come out of hiding cause of *YOUR* boot camp!!!! all this

yeah.. punish darlene.. no chocolate or nail polish for a month! two months! I am the good one.. darlene is the bad one! I am like all sweet and nice and kind... darlene throws food!

glad you have stuck it out and very happy you have decided to join us, even if it is only sometimes.

Welcome Zinger!

You know the good thing about this site is that it doesn't matter whether you know a little or a lot, and it doesn't matter if you can can or garden or keep animals! The good news is that we can all have a lot of fun!

Again - Welcome!

Sue

Quote:
Shouldn't there be some kind of consequence for that? Like no chocolate or nail polish for a month? That would put a pretty good dent in the party. Hmmm...

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Welcome but leave my chocolate and nail polish alone!

lol

I can't believe you've lurked so long. An amazing wealth of knowledge has passed by your eyes, and I'll bet you've taken in a lot of it!

You might come to chat tonight: 6pm Mountain, 7pm Central (cuz I don't know which time zone Kansas sits in - probably Central, am I right?) Chat can get pretty silly, but it's always fun, and sometimes we even learn something.

Thank you, thank you very much. Since I'm a late night surfer I've probably missed most all of you, including chat. Will try to do better next time, although I suck wind at chat. Couldn't be bothered to learn advanced "lingo" so I'm usually twenty minutes behind everyone trying to decipher.

I knew the welcome would be warm and the contraband plentiful. Don't want to draw back a bloody stump so will be giving Darlene's chocolate a WIDE berth. However, the rest of you are on notice 'cause I have none in stock.

I have issues (jeez do I have issues) with canning meat, or my canner, or natural blondness (I DID NOT say that) and will get over to The Kitchen with them eventually. Otherwise I'll probably spend my time absorbing info - when I'm not trying to push Westie out of the "I ain't/I didn't" line. I tend to have a warped sense of humor so please indulge me and just roll your eyes behind my back like my kids do. They wanted gullible, pliable June Cleaver. They got Roseanne. Go figure.

I'll hang out more I promise.

zinger...

I am a late nighter... see I am west coast so I am 2 hours behind you... I think.

I am blonde.. flips blonde locks! NO it is NOT gray! it is blonde! put your glasses on! look again!

as far as chat goes... come on in... it isn't so bad.

go ahead and push me out of line.. I will fall on the floor and pretend I am hurt.. then I will get a fee pass back to the front!

Yep, I'm CST - 2 hours ahead of West - 1 hour behind East.

I've always been blond. I use my kids' inheritance to buy hair color since the gray is totally their fault. That, and my DH has Faith Hill issues. Gotta love his rose-colored glasses.

now see zinger I am retired and have nothing better to do then projects! my kids did not want me to make them my project.

My Mother is blonde as is my husband and half the kids! so when my mother and daughter get together it is 'the blonde leading the blonde' very scary.

oh and about those 3 posts... this is only the begining!

just letting you know I have a mind like a steel trap... I don't forget! didn't want you to think I forgot about you!

I haven't! after calculating your day.. you still have 8 hours for sleeping.. if you cut into about an hour of that.. you can spend it here!

Archived